Start by marking “So the Sign Said” as Want to Read:
So the Sign Said

So the Sign Said

Seventeen-year-old Jordan Klein is a New York City girl who cracks wise to deal with the world around her. Her mother, Rachel, is a litigator—sharp, refined, and always careful not to spill her gin and tonic on the couch. Her father, Eli, is a professor of divinity, an unapologetic eccentric and, in Jordan’s eyes, a dipsy-doodling disaster. When he agrees to pastor a small ...more
Published October 19th 2012 by Moonshine Cove Publishing (first published October 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about So the Sign Said, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So the Sign Said

Barbara
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Funny, entertaining, and a good story line. It's also a good clean read for kids (and parents) who prefer this kind of book.
Rachel Valentine
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I got this book for free through the Goodreads First Reads program. It took awhile for me to get it which was disappointing, but I am looking forward to reading it now that it is here.

This book is a Christian story, and at first that worried me. I am agnostic and so I didn't want to read a story that was preachy and tried to convert the readers. This book did not try to do that. It was a cheerful story that anyone could enjoy. Not just Christians.

I liked the characters. Jordan grew a lot during
Saltmeetswound
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free through a Goodreads giveaway.

This book was a very pleasant surprise. It's not something I would have sought out on my own, as a 30 something agnostic who doesn't have a Christian background. That's the nice thing about literature though, living in another world for a brief period of time.

I zipped through this book fairly quickly. Jordan made for a delightful heroine, and I loved the supporting characters. I felt like the plot allowed for a lot of conflict without m
Erin
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Jordan Klein is a city girl whose father decides to take a temporary pastor position in a small town in Texas. Jordan is not up for small town living and isn't afraid to express her opinion. She meets a quirky girl who she grows close with. She also wonders about the mysterious boy at the cafe. As she continues to go through the motions there, she actually begins to feel more and more at home.

This was a cute and funny story about a city girl who travels to the middle of nowhere. I really enjoyed
Sue
Nov 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Jordan lives a comfortable, privileged life in NY City. Her father is a religion professor and her mother is a high powered attorney. When Jordan and her family must move to Ashford, Texas for the summer Jordan throws a fit. She doesn't want to spend the summer in the middle of nowhere Texas when she could be in NY City. After many missteps she learns that maybe the middle of nowhere isn't such a bad place to be.

This was a quick, fun book, although I did think there was a little too much of the
Alegna
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teens, young adults, faith, belief, chances
Story about a girl who leaves NYC for the summer thinking she's going to have a horrible time, her life will be ruined, teen drama fit, etc. Throughout the time she's there, she actually has fun, makes new & genuine friends and learns to about love for a guy who is true and real. Not only does Jordan Klein grow to become a much better person, but she also grows in her faith for God and for others. From going shallow and worrying about how she fits in back in NYC, she learns to care, believe ...more
Juliet
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved the theory behind this coming-of-age book. A kind-of preacher’s kid from a slightly dysfunctional family starts noticing that the church sign next door is prophetic. Even though it’s light and funny, at first I really didn't like the main character, Jordan. She seemed a tad selfish - but I grew to really really love her! I didn’t see the ending coming either. Overall, fun book, definitely worth the read!
Kristen Woody
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and the characters in it. Jordan, Bliss, and Knox where really fun characters to follow because I could relate to them. I could relate Jordan and her unhappiness of moving to a different state to me, and I could relate Bliss and Knox to my best friends.

Overall this book was a delight to read and the fact that the characters can be related to people is a bonus.
Ginger Sparkles
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great book. Jordan is a fabulous, witty character, so be prepared to fall in love with her and the rest of the characters. There where some really hilarious lines in this book that had me cracking up, so get ready to laugh your butts off!
Heather
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I recieved a signed copy here on goodreads, and am glad I did. Despite some jarring juxtapostion betwin some scenes, this was a fun and delightful read. This is begs for a series centered around this deligtful town and it's residents. Hopefully, we will find out who writes those messages.
Elaine LEOMom
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A funny and heartwarming read!
Sweet, some humor. Nice, clean read with some romance and family drama.
Raquel Butler
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
I couldnt get into this book very much, the characters and plot were ok, but the dialogue and style weren't to my liking.
Lee Anne
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
There were parts that I really liked and quite a few parts that just didn't work for me. Overall, not bad but not a favorite, either.
Chrissie Morrison
rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2013
Haylee
Oct 18, 2016

• Lost in Tibet: The Untold Story of Five American Airmen, a Doomed Plane, and the Will to Survive
  • Wish I Could Have Said Goodbye
  • The Fall of Saints
  • Fear Itself
  • Mad Dog House
  • The Entertainer: Movies, Magic, and My Father's Twentieth Century
  • The Diet Dropout’s Guide to Natural Weight Loss: Find Your Easiest Path to Naturally Thin
  • How to Look Hot in a Minivan: A Real Woman's Guide to Losing Weight, Looking Great, and Dressing Chic in the Age of the Celebrity Mom
  • Or Something Like That
  • On a Quest for Christ
  • Island Fever
  • Breakfast at Midnight
  • Worlds Apart: 2 friends, 2 journeys, and 10 life lessons - a true story
  • Another Life (When I Was Joe, #3)
  • Big Butts, Fat Thighs, and Other Secrets to Success: Empowering Women to Be Real in Business and in Life
  • The View from Casa Chepitos: A Journey Beyond the Border
  • Fanpire: The Twilight Saga and the Women Who Love it
  • Love's Winning Plays: A Novel
My love of writing sprung from the first time I jumped on a plane without a book or a charged laptop. It was either write down the stories living in my head or watch the in-flight entertainment, Alvin and the Chipmunks 2.

I live in Texas with my husband, daughter, son, schnoodle, and horribly obnoxious cat. When I'm not writing, I'm a loud-laughing, in-the-books, know-it-all, high-strung lawyer. SO