Start by marking “The Boxer Rebellion - Minnesota Not-so-Nice” as Want to Read:
The Boxer Rebellion - Minnesota Not-so-Nice

The Boxer Rebellion - Minnesota Not-so-Nice

THIS SELF-PUBLISHED EDITION IS CURRENTLY OUT OF PRINT.

Sixteen-year-old Nick is relentlessly pursued and bullied. No one cares until one of his bullies becomes a psychotic killer, sucking everyone around into the nightmare.

The bullies of Tranquility High dominate a school of sheeple where cyber bullying and physical attacks are resulting in one gut-wrenching suicide after a
Published May 31st 2012 by self

To ask other readers questions about The Boxer Rebellion - Minnesota Not-so-Nice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boxer Rebellion - Minnesota Not-so-Nice

Start your review of The Boxer Rebellion - Minnesota Not-so-Nice
David Bruns
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a really hard review to write.

As a parent of high-school age kids, I found the subject matter very disturbing. Several times I had to put the book down and take a emotional break from the unrelenting intensity. Be prepared, the language and the cruelty will make your stomach turn. I took some (false) salvation that I was reading “fiction.”

Having said all that, everyone SHOULD read this book. Cyber-bullying and discrimination are realities that every parent needs to know about and “The B
Bárbara
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC provided by the author in exchange of an honest review*

It's really difficult to rate a book like this one without feeling the need to explain exactly what it is that's being rated here. This is a book that, through the macrocosmic scenario of a high school of Minneapolis, explores several aspects of human behavior. At first, it may be a book about bulliying (in many forms), but it deals in depth with many other very serious issues that affect society, including the naturalized reaction of t
Thomaidha Papa
3.5 Hearts
Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

I feel that this story has been told way too many times, with exactly the same events and same drama, but this is one of the best executed when it comes to how it affected me emotionally.

This book was a sucker punch there is no way around it. It grips you by the throat, shakes you up, turns you upside-down and then when you think you’ve had enough it still comes down on you relentlessly. It’s brutal, and it’s unapologetic for its brutality. Bullyi
Cathy Brockman
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
review written for http://mmgoodbookreviews.wordpress.com/
: I want to start out saying this is some very tough subject matter to write and read. Kudos to the author for having the gumption to tell this story. This subject is like a bad accident, you know what you see is going to be frightening, hard to take and perhaps life changing but you have to look anyhow. Once I picked it up I couldn’t put it down. I literally read last night until the kindle said battery was low to charge and saw it was 3
Elaine
For adult readers

I don't give this a 5-star because of the subject matter; This is why I give it a 5-star:

Having no safe haven and confused over his sexual orientation, Nick endures bullying to the nth degree. He has a friend in Penny but soon she’s being bullied in cyberspace along with him. It’s a year-long account of the madness of what they and others endure at the words and bloodied hands of others.

The Boxer Rebellion is a hard-hitting account of bullying. It is brutally honest in dealing
Joy
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Wow...this was melodramatic, sad, and violent. No romance here at all. A real indictment of adults who let kids get away with bullying as a matter of policy. And by the way? The idea of having a nice sit-down with a violent homophobe to explain to him that he's really gay? Ranks among the worst ideas *ever*, although maybe, given the tenor of the book, it could be considered a suicide attempt.

The blurb describes this book as darkly comedic, but mostly it's just dark. And I believe this book bas
Tara Spears
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 rounded up because of the author's ability not to lose you in this story. This is told from every side, with so many protags you should get lost, but don't.

This story, I believe (correct me if I am wrong), is loosely taken from the Anoka-Hennepin school district suicides, and several characters in this story correlate with victims and antagonists from what is known as suicide ground zero by the press.

This is a story that
Bobbi
***I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review***

First let me start off by letting you know that this is not an easy book to read. The subject of this story is bullying due to sexual orientation in a high school setting. It is YA, but with very mature content.

Bullying is a problem worldwide. Sexual orientation seems to be the most common topic for bullying amongst this age group. With the days of social media, it makes it harder for the victims to escape the a
Chris
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Boxer Shorts Rebellion is an in-your-face, full on engaging book. I can't go on with the review though, without first saying it could easily trigger certain people, BUT even with that in mind, I would still say you MUST give the book a chance. Award-winning author Genta Sebastian paints vivid, mind-blowing pictures as the reader glides smoothly from chapter to chapter.
Reliving high school, the older reader may grasp the characters and associate them with names from their memories. We probabl
Jennifer Oliveira
*review of a received advanced copy*

I'm truly sorry to say I couldn't finish this book, even though I'm not usually sensitive to this, it really was too triggering. What I can tell you is that I understand the message the author is trying to get through and it's a beautiful one.

This books speaks of bullying and the terrible effects it can have on the victim. It needs heavy trigger warnings for both bullying and self harm, and seeing as I didn't finish it there might be some more.

What terrifies
Renae Edwards
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read The Boxer Rebellion over a year ago and since then I have encouraged many friends to look it up. In my opinion this is a book that should be in every school library... every library.

It hits home on bullying and dealing with concerns about sexuality. In schools today these subjects are major issues and The Boxer Rebellion not only touches on them, but shows young people they are not alone, it even helps them see things from the bullies perspective. (Not that I advocate or accept bullying)

I
Jan 23, 2017
jules0623
Mar 09, 2014
Genta Sebastian
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Brandon Shire
Derna
Jun 20, 2014
BTina
Jul 27, 2014
Genta Sebastian, a multiple award winning author whose backlist includes YA novels, science fiction, lesbian erotica, and romance, lives in the thriving art center of the Twin Cities. A professional storyteller, she captivates audiences of all ages with rich settings and wonderfully human characters. Her work is often compared to John Steinbeck and S.E. Hinton.

For further information, or to conta