Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Absolute Pleasure” as Want to Read:
Absolute Pleasure
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Absolute Pleasure

by
3.67  ·  Rating details ·  291 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
She Was A Complete Innocent...
The lonely, never-married Lady Elizabeth Harcourt desperately longs for a distraction. She finds one when a chance encounter leads her to the lush studios of artist Gabriel Cristofore. Gabriel insists upon painting Elizabeth's portrait, vowing to do justice to her ravishing figure. But Elizabeth soon realizes that Gabriel's plans for her have
...more
Paperback, 368 pages
Published February 17th 2003 by St. Martin's Paperbacks
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Absolute Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolute Pleasure

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
Rating details
Sort: Default
|
Filter
Joana V.
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meus
3.5*
Review completa:
http://pepitamagica.blogspot.pt/2016/...

Full review: http://pepitamagica.blogspot.pt/2016/...

(...)
Lady Elizabeth é a típica jovem londrina, que ainda não é casada e cuja idade está a fazer com que essa hipótese diminua. É também alguém que anseia por carinho e intimidade, não necessariamente sexo, mas pelo menos a intimidade que levaria a isso. E é isso que o libertino e artista Gabriel Cristofore lhe oferece. Uma oferta difícil de resistir, não parece?

Talvez o que mais gos
...more
Theresa Contreras
the only reason this book got a three was because the sex was pretty hot! i couldnt believe how many !!!!!!!! there were it was disruptive to the reading. so it went like this; hes a gigolo and she was to be his next "mark". he tells her hed like to paint her and she goes with it. shes bored at home and her 50 year old father just married a 17 year old girl to give him the son he never had.. so he sees through her and they end up in the throws of passion pretty quickly. so then they are found ou ...more
Laura Calderone
3 stelline e mezzo. L'impronta della Holt e simile ai 2 precedenti pubblicati qui da noi. Protagoniste molto sfacciate rispetto all'epoca. Mi piace molto l'interagire e le storie secondarie che si svolgono parallele a quelle dei protagonisti!
Elisa Vangelisti
C’è chi dice che questi romanzi sono tutti uguali, ma non è vero. Possono essere simili, certo, ma visto che il tipo di storia mi piace, è bello leggerne ogni volta una narrata in maniera diversa, sia pure con meccanismi identici. Sarebbe come a dire che una volta letto un giallo, li hai letti tutti, no? Eppure nessuno si scandalizza sentendo parlare di lettori di gialli. Con i romance storici è la stessa cosa. Questo, dal taglio spiccatamente erotico, non emerge rispetto ad altri. Già non mi se ...more
Geo Marcovici
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very good book!
Rodrigues Elsa
Opinião publicada no Efeito dos Livros

O primeiro passo no esquema de sedução e engano de Gabriel passou como uma brisa pelos sentidos de Lady Elizabeth. Habituado camuflar os seus romances com viúvas ou mulheres casadas mas infelizes através da sua arte, Gabriel viu em Elizabeth mais um golpe que lhe permitiria manter o estilo de vida desafogado e aristocrata a que ele e o pai, um terceiro filho de Conde desonrado, se habituaram a viver.
Mas desde o primeiro momento que esteve na presença de Eliz
...more
Poschina
Jan 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sarò breve.

Penso che questo libro sia qualcosa che va oltre la bruttezza. All’inizio credevo fosse uno di quei racconti talmente assurdi, esagerati e raffazzonati da poter diventare il mio guilty pleasure dell’estate, purtroppo si è rivelato essere un libro caratterizzato dal vuoto cosmico sia in senso puramente letterale che in senso emozionale.

Io amo gli eroi romance superdotati che grondano fascino e usano il loro spropositato pene per procurare multiorgasmi cosmici alle loro pulzelle, ma esi
...more
Camille
Mar 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-regency, 2010, own
Lady Elizabeth, the lonely spinster daughter of the earl has given up on the idea of marriage. Her recently re-married father has given all her responsibilities to his new wife and her life has reached a new level of boredom – until she meets the beautiful Gabriel Cristofore at the opera. This quick meeting immediately opens Elizabeth’s eyes and releases the passion which has remained dormant for so long.

For the first two chapters I felt the author was taking extra liberty with her adjectives an
...more
liz
May 28, 2008 rated it liked it
The Casanova painter falls in love with the neglected young woman; she blossoms under his interest and eventually fights to keep him. Pretty standard; lots of the "do you love me or don't you?" back-and-forth.

They had all day, and he planned to prolong the pleasure, to attenuate the anticipation, so that when he actually progressed, they would both be burning with unfulfilled passion. Drawing her would moderate the momentum, would ease her into total nudity, and give him something to do besides
...more
Mandy Beyers
Jan 23, 2010 rated it liked it
In a romantic story full of misunderstood motives and maneuvering, Lady Elizabeth is a twenty-seven year-old spinster with a seventeen year-old stepmother. Thrown out of her comfortable fit in life, she decides to discover the pleasures of the flesh with an artist and gigolo that crosses her path at just the right moment. Her half-Italian painter uses his abilities with women to support his father, and thinks that love is for fools - but will either of them be able to withstand the fire they sta ...more
Christine (KizzieReads)
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
It took me a while to get into this novel. Some parts are quite vulgar by historical romance standards, but eventually the characters became more than two dimensional. I like more storyline than sex scenes. The downside to this book is the author leaves you hanging as to what happens between Elizabeth's step-mother and her father. I have searched to see if there was a sequel, but nothing.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Another Cheryl Holt book. It was just alright for me. I feel like many of the books by Ms Holt are basically the same. Just change the names and change up the situation and setting a bit and voila! Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the book, I'm just tired of reading the same thing over and over again.
Tabatha
Oct 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Over all a good read, but I prefer more dialog between the characters to the immense amount of inner dialog in this book. I feel like the characters had very little reason to be in love, other than their attraction to one another.
LemontreeLime
Well, since i skipped all the drawn out sex scenes, I think I only really read 1/3 of the book. I liked how the author drew her characters... but man that was a lot of nookiness to wade through to get to the storyline.
Cristina Contilli
"Exactly my type!" He assessed her fantastic anatomym her exquisite countenance, and she glowed under his ardent examination. "You're everithing I've ever wanted, And so much more,"

Molto passionale, anche se leggerlo in inglese è stato un po' impegnativo.
Dulce
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Já tinha saudade de um romance histórico e sensual. Pinturas, muitas pinturas, uma história hilariante, com personagens cheios de carisma, rebeldia e humor.
Ler Cherlyl Holt é sempre um "prazer absoluto".
Danette Steward
Jun 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holt-cheryl
4.3587 Hot.
Regina
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A tenacidade da Elisabeth.... Valeu a pena!!!
Michelle
I prefer a bit more story with my romance books then this one has. However, if your in a mood for a steamy read in historical England, this one is great.
Linda
Jun 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Regency, romance and smutty fluff, just how i like it =). A quick read with a twist or two. Love Cheryl Holt as a writer.
Rowa
Dec 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is a mustread for me! Its full of amazing romane, while keeping you interested with some drama!! I absolutly love this book!!
RamenGrrl
first book i've read by this author. can't decide if i like her writing style or not.
Donna Brown
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I've picked this book up before, probably because I like the cover. I think I liked it better the second time I read it.
Allison
Aug 28, 2010 rated it did not like it
Terrible.
Cecil
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, erótica
I loved this shit, omg, for reals. Just read it if you're into the old passionate raw sex in bohemian times. Bye.
Dpic
Feb 06, 2014 added it
nothing but sex
Monica
rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Chrissy
rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2012
Shannon
rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • The Pleasure Seekers
  • Seized by Love (Russian series/Kuzan Family, #1)
  • Angel in a Red Dress
  • The Duke's Wager (Bessacarr, #1)
  • Upon a Wicked Time
  • Notorious
  • A Question of Pride
  • Master of Sin (Courtesan Court, #4)
  • The Silver Devil
251 followers
CHERYL HOLT is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-seven novels. She is hailed as the undisputed "Queen" of erotic romance, as well as the international "Queen of Villains". She has numerous national writing awards to her credit and is particularly proud to have been named "Best Storyteller of the Year" by Romantic Times BOOKreviews Magazine. The magazine also selected her ...more
More about Cheryl Holt