Start by marking “Desperate Surrender” as Want to Read:
Desperate Surrender

Desperate Surrender (The Protectors #2)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Wendy O'Sullivan's life drastically changes upon discovering she is not human- and then she is charged with guarding the Key of Peace. To make matters more complicated, she reunites with the Protector she's dreamed of since the day he rescued her from a demon attack. Kieran Frasier, hasn't loved- much less kissed - a woman in over three hundred years with his heart firmly ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Crescent Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Desperate Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperate Surrender

Wendy
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In Desperate Betrayal, the first of The Protector Novels, betrayal danced with fierce attraction as two strangers find their life-mates under undesirable circumstances. Much like the man it follows, McQueen’s sequel, Desperate Surrender, bears much resemblance to its brother, but under the skin, it’s truly a different beast.

The Protectors’ rules regarding marriage and family have been tested in recent years. One man created an unsanctioned bond with a woman, resulting in a miracle pregnancy. Ano
Delphina
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed the first book and novella in this series and was so beyond excited to be selected to get an ARC for review. I am not patient when it comes to getting my hands on a book that I want to read and getting this book a few weeks before the release made me a happy girl. Not only did this book live up to my expectations, it exceeded them. It is for certain sure my favorite in the series, thus far.

Here are some things I liked about it:

*I really liked the Character of Wendy when I read
Kurt Bennett
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Super! This is a great read. The second book in the series this book includes a lot of the characters in Desperate Betrayal (first in the series)and adds a few more interesting ones. Hildie is in here element here and is bringing them all to life. I felt the triumphs and defeats each went through and had a hard time putting the book down.

Set in modern day Atlanta the author included local establishments to make the story even more believable. But there is also some world building going on in he
Agnes
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hildie's books are Hot with a capital H - they contain memorable characters, a well-developed story, and most importantly, swoon-worthy hunks and interesting heroines. There's also a real-life element to her world building that makes you think that it's possible that these people and creatures might just exist.

Buy one, heck buy five so that you have some to hand out to your friends. You won't regret it.
Ciara Knight
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Desperate Surrender is an amazing continuation in The Protectors series. I think this book was even better than the first. It is full of forbidden love, a hunky hero, with more to him than just his looks, a lovable and strong heroine, and a lot of conflict. This is a pager turner! Ms. McQueen wrote a winner with this one.
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jun 04, 2012 marked it as to-read
NOR
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
Finished this is book this weekend and it's great! Much better editing than the first in the series and I absolutely love all the main characters. Well done, Hildie!

Review to come...
Michelle Leah Olson
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION’s Bewitching Bella- Charity Costa

*eARC received in exchange for an honest review

O MY where do I begin, okay let’s start by ME taking a deep breath and trying to make this review sound professional…..WHO AM I KIDDING!?!?!?!? I AM OFFICIALLY A HILDIE MCQUEEN FANGIRL AND I HAVE A MASSIVE CRUSH ON THE PROTECTORS!!!!! Alright now that that’s out maybe I can pull myself together to give this book and the series some justice with my words.

Lets start with the World of th
Charity Costa
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Lets start with the World of the Protector’s, I have mentioned this before and I can not say it enough, it is well written and very well thought
Lisa
Oct 22, 2012
April
Jun 17, 2012
Hildie McQueen
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Taata
Kim
Nov 05, 2013
Jessica
Nov 13, 2013
Bestselling author Hildie McQueen loves unusual situations and getting into interesting adventures, which is what her characters do as well. She writes romance because she is in love with love! Author of Romance in Highland historical, Western Historical and contemporary, she writes something every reader can enjoy.

Most days she can be found in her pajamas hiding from deliverymen while drinking te
More about Hildie McQueen...

The Protectors (3 books)