Start by marking “Her Honor's Bodyguard” as Want to Read:

Her Honor's Bodyguard

(The Bodyguard Romance #1)

Do first loves ever really die? While reunions can take many forms, there is always one question that has to be answered sooner or later—what happened?

Vance had always been extremely proud of Noella, and just because his life had been ruined, he saw no reason why she had to have the same faith. When his dad died, leaving him and his mother penniless, he dropped
Published May 21st 2012 by Sir John Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Her Honor's Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Honor's Bodyguard

Start your review of Her Honor's Bodyguard
Lyndi W.
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
I liked this story, I really did. But this book needs to be edited... seriously. The errors were all careless errors.

LAAADIIIEEESS AND GENTLEMENNNNN AND CHILDREN OF ALL AGES!!!! WELCOME TO THE MOST EXTRAVAGANT EXTRAVAGANCY THE HUMAN EYE CAN BEHOLD… WELCOME THE STARS OF ONE OF THE MOST ERROR-RIDDEN BOOKS I'VE EVER READ!!!

Really, when would I have ever been able to use this gif otherwise?

COME ONE, COME ALL, TO THE GREATEST COLLECTION OF GRAMMATICAL ERRORS TO GRACE MY KINDLE!

WE HAVEclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Really,
Nancy
Jul 20, 2014 added it
Doreen
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read. The pace was good, the characters believable and the story line true to life. I particularly liked the idea that both Noella and Vance did what they both thought was "best for each other" in the past. Now they meet again after so many years and need each other's help. Their romance quickly rekindled as their love for each other never died.

Kudos to the author for NOT dragging out the story until the last couple pages like some authors do. It was well paced
Jerry Walch

Her Honor's Bodyguard (Kindle Edition) by Johnny Ray was an interesting raead with plenty of two-fisted action and steamy sex scenes. The plot was equal parts mystery and romance. I can't honestly say that this book has turned me into a Johnny Ray fan because it certainly didn't do that. He writes sex scenes like a woman but that might be excusable because he was describing those scenes through a woman's eyes. Perhaps he was writing this story more for the female readers than for us men. Anyway, I finis

Tasha
Jun 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I won a free e-book copy of Her Honor's Bodyguard from LibraryThings.

Her Honor's Bodyguard is Mystery/Romantic Thriller and I want to first off say that this is my first mystery book I have ever read so I was a bit skeptical about the genre. Call me lazy, but I do not really enjoy mysteries because I get really impatient with all the unanswered questions, guessing games and whodunit. However, this did not stop me from enjoying this novel and its safe to say that I think I will now st
Trully Sunee
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those above 18 or 21 who like suspense, romance, and even thrillers
Recommended to Trully by: Saw it when checking for new books for Johnny Ray
Her Honor's Bodyguard

Have you ever read a book that kept your attention the entire time? It kept getting better and better? After reading it, you want there to be a sequel and a movie about it? Well, I went into reading Her Honor's Bodyguard with no expectation.

I liked the other 2 books I had read by Johnny Ray and thought, "It will be hard to live up to those past 2 books." However, I have to say this book was better than the first 2 by this author.

Why? The plot, charac
Adria's Musings and Reviews
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm going to start off by saying I have never read a romantic thriller in my life. Ever. That said, I had no idea what to expect from Her Honor's Bodyguard. I was going in blind but I did know it was imperative that I NOT treat this book like other romance books that I've read and that I not have all of the same criteria as with other books in the romance genre.

Let me repeat that I enjoy books that don't drag on before with overdone back stories or unnecessary scenes before the confl
Mandy
Review
I received this book from the author in a Librarything giveaway in exchange for a honest review. The book is about two people Noella and Vance. Both still have feelings for each other even after seven years when Vance chose to end their relationship. Noella having a privileged life finished law school, and went on to be a successful judge. Framed for the murders of innocent women, Vance was forced to leave the police force. He did start his own Private Investigation company in hopes
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
Aug 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Judge Noella Peterson, her former lover Vance, the Police Department, street gangs, and an attempt on the judge's life are all mixed together for an interesting mystery.

No one had any clue as to why Noella was being targeted and being shot at in her home and on the street. Of course she was a judge and had put people away, but she couldn't imagine what case would have caused someone to want her dead.

Now that Vance was hired as her bodyguard, he and Noella were working tog
Jessica Buike
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
There were some things right off the bat that almost made me stop reading and move on to something else. First, the formatting for this story was weird on my Nook - but that happens sometimes, so that by itself wouldn't have been a problem. But then I hated that the story description is right up front, which kind-of takes away from the mystery of starting reading a new book. I prefer not having that description in my mind before I start reading.
It got worse though - there was also an unnec
Rhonda
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 STARS
I liked it. Did read it in one session. Did not guess who the bad guy really. Okay I did but I was thinking or him or he is guilty.
Noella Peterson not sure what to do. She feels threatened but not overtly. She knows she is being followed. She hope no one sees her go into the P.I. office.
Vance Mills detective office. Vance is old boyfriend from law school that had to drop out after his fathers death. He joined the police force till last year when she got him kicked off.
Michael Hicks
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Aine Massie
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Her Honor’s Bodyguard is a gripping cross between mystery and romance that had me hooked from the very beginning. You quickly come to care about Vance and Noella and as the story progresses you find out about both their secrets and why they each hurt the other.

The idea that each did what they thought best for the other, while appearing to hurt or betray the one they loved (for their own good) is too true to life to not affect the reader. I’ve personally witnessed such things in real life, sadly
Rachel
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
OK this was a free book, so I can't be too harsh, but I would not tell anyone to pay a penny for the book. Sorry to the author, I wanted to like it because I work in the legal field, but this book was not even close to being believable. There is no way on earth a judge would legally be able to influence a police chiefs decision on having a police officer forced out of work. A judge can only hear a case that is before him or her, if no case is filed, a judge does get involved. Judge's make legal ...more
Karla
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was billed as a romantic suspense novel and it did not disappoint. I loved the plot, heavy enough to keep my interest but not too heavy to lose me. It was believable and I could easily put myself into the shoes of either protagonist. I loved, loved, loved the character of Noella. She wore the robes of a judge during the day, a hard-fought but well-deserved position, especially for someone so young. She was tough yet feminine, hard yet soft, professional yet sexy and knew how to wield her po ...more
Gina's Library
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
This book is one that kept my interest from the beginning. This is book one. The second book is titled Rescuing Her Honor.

Vance and Noella had a love affair years ago in law school. Vance walked away from Noella not because he no longer loved her, but because he loved her so much he was trying to protect her.

Noella is now a judge and is suddenly having death threats and assassination attempts against her. She has hired Vance to be her bodyguard. Vance use to be on the police force b
Liv Honeywell
Oct 09, 2012 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable story, with good pace, characters that I cared about and a satisfying ending. I would have given it more stars but it definitely needs another edit.

The beginning is a little clunky in places though once the book gets going it gets better. It seems that the author may have a 'tick' though - I've never heard anyone say a character 'did such' or 'thought such' or 'went to such' but this particular phrasing appears all the way through and after the first couple it d
Lanan
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, due to the action, danger, and suspense. We can't forget about the romance. When you include those elements, it seems to make the book. I liked the ideas that that Noella and Vance had done 'what was best' for each other in the past.

Doing 'what's best' for someone has a habit of coming back and biting you, usually when least expected. However, when Noella needed Vance, he was there for her. I liked the way the 'good' guys won, as did the love Noella and Vance had
Ed Scott
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Despite other reviewers, I found this book enjoyable and read it in one day. The only plot problem I could find was why Noella"s father had the bank receipt for Vance's fathers off shore accounts if he had nothing to do with the fathers "suicide". He never explained why the bank receipt was in his pocket. Did I miss something?
Might be a few grammatical errors and spelling errors, but only about 4 throughout the book. And Amazon does let you know when a revision is available for you to download.
Jo Notary
Feb 09, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
282pgs, Romantic Suspense, When his father died, he broke up with her, to save her family from scandal. She finished law school and was working up the ranks of judgeship, when she was involved in having him released from the police force. The she is threatened. He now is a body guard and PI, so she wants him to protect her. He hates that she helped him be dismissed from the police force, but doesn't know she saved him from prison. The attacks on her increase and he does take her case. She now th ...more
Marjie
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story is good

Editing is not good. Many words were wrong (amour instead of armor), some phrases were wrong "lean backward" instead of bend over backward, incorrect verb tense often and singular instead of plural too many times (for example: one of her leg or pair of pant.) Plot was good, mystery was good, character development was good. If this was edited it would be great, but unfortunately it was not.
Sandra Dailey
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was fast paced action from beginning to end. It had a strong and unique story line. The characters were bold and believable. If the editor had loved it as much as I do, I could have given it five stars.
Denise
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed reading this book. I could not put it down. So full of suspense, thrills, action and of course, romance. The story was well thought out. I love the characters. They are all full of surprises. Well written. A definite must read. Highly recommended.
Ashley
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing style was a little bit stiff, but otherwise a good book. I liked the characters and it has a bit of suspense, romance, and Just a touch of spice.
Elisa
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's a good story but there are a lot of errors throughout the book which detracted me from the story some what but over all a good sold storyline and great characters
Stephanie
Sep 27, 2012 rated it did not like it
It was a free download so I guess we'll see if it's any good.
Ronda
Feb 05, 2013 added it
good plot; liked the characters; could have done without the 2 or 3 explicit sex scenes. I must be getting old ;-)
Ruth Wilkinson
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good light reading.
Colleen Mcbrearty
Sep 25, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked the plot, but I struggled with the writing style. The story did not flow for me, I guess I could describe it as too formal. It felt like I was reading an English paper not a novel.
JOHNNY RAY: a discussion of HER HONOR'S BODYGUARD 1 3 Jan 27, 2013 04:07PM

• She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
  • The Caller
  • When You Come Back
  • Caught
  • A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1)
  • Her Lucky Love (Holiday, Montana, #4)
  • Here Comes Trouble (Trouble, #2)
  • Hidden in the Shadows (Shadows Collection/Leroy's Sins, #4)
  • Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn Book 6)
  • The Stone House Secret (A Jenessa Jones Mystery #2)
  • One Night with You (Fatal, #0.5)
  • Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8)
  • Shadows from the Grave (Shadows Collection/Leroy's Sins, #3)
  • Hot Package (Hostile Operations Team, #4)
  • Dangerous Flirtation
  • Killer Secrets
  • Chosen for Power (Women of Power, #1)
  • Quiltmaker's 1,000 Blocks: A Collection of Quilt Blocks from Today's Top Designers
Johnny has a passion, a thirst, for life and adventure that he loves to share with his readers.

Please consider joining SIR JOHN'S ARMY, his fan club, by signing up for his newsletter http://eepurl.com/Ltkfv

Johnny Ray's blog http://www.sirjohn.us
and amazon site http://www.amazon.com/Johnny-Ray/e/B0...

He has owned and operated several real estate companies, several insurance companies and a stock brokerage company.

He is a graduate of Auburn Univer

The Bodyguard Romance (2 books)
  • Rescuing Her Honor