Start by marking “My Red Balloon” as Want to Read:
My Red Balloon

My Red Balloon

HardCover. Pub Date :2011-05-01 Pages: 56 Language: English Publisher: Minedition A little girl begins a happy bus outing with her beautiful red balloon. but is crestfallen when her balloon suddenly flies away. The bus driver and a bear on board come gallantly to her rescue. A wild chase begins and along the way a rabbit. a polar bear. a penguin and a giraffe all join in t ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Michael Neugebauer Book

To ask other readers questions about My Red Balloon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Red Balloon

Donna Mork
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story where a bus driver picks up various animals as they chase after an escaped balloon. Then they find something better than a red balloon.
Evelyn Song
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gbd, lbd
画面大片涂色很有特色
Kathryn Bergeron
Barbara
There's nothing quite as delightful as a red balloon--unless it's a balloon shared with friends. In this sweetly charming story of unexpected friendships, a girl climbs on a bus with her balloon only to let go of its string when she is showing it to one of the passengers. As the bus picks up new passengers, it also follows the balloon. Each of the animal passengers are just as eager to return the balloon to the little girl as she is to have it back. When they are unsuccessful, they find a differ ...more
Robin
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: international
Originally published in Japan in 2011 (US 2014)

A bit of a cumulative story as different animals board the bus and look for the girl's red balloon, which has escaped. Also an I Spy aspect to this one, as the balloon nestle next to a tree full of red leaves, then behind a cloud with only the string hanging down.

Although a bird pops the balloon near the end, they comfort her by spotting a giant red balloon that reappears each day. (the sun in the sky at sunset).
Sam
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
A young girl loses her balloon at a bus stop. Fortunately, loads of other bus passengers (all animals) decide to help her chase it. Charmingly illustrated. Simple text makes for an easy preschool readaloud.
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Charming story with beautiful simple illustrations. My 5 year old read this to me without difficulty and was easily able to spot the balloon, but a younger child would probably enjoy looking for it. A beautiful book for sharing.
mama2r
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet and charming book. Beautiful illustrations. My son enjoyed finding the balloon on each page. The ending sparked a conversation on what the sunset represented. He liked it so much he took it to show and tell at preschool.
Erin
May 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute, simple book about a little girl who rides the bus with her red balloon. She lets go of it on accident and gets help from the other passengers (who are all animals) to find it again.
Rudi
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lovely little story with beautiful illustrations. Short, easy sentences. Predictable format, which kids enjoy and relate to. Seems like a book we'd read over and over. Would make a nice gift.
H
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Pretty eerie shit.
Brindi Michele
this would be great as a prop story for my toddlers, using one balloon and the animals. at the end i could give them all red balloons.
Barbara
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good read aloud book. Delicate yet effective illustrations.
Kristina Jean Lareau
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebook
This story is short, sweet and really an adorable read.
Edward Sullivan
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Charming, warm friendship story.
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
i was amazed by how captivated my two year olds were with this book. it is nice and enjoyable, but I don't know how it spoke to my kids so powerfully. "hold tight... cheer up," my boy likes to say.
Marisa Fiorito
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Some of my favorite illustrations
Marissa Elera
The story itself is fine, but I feel there a something lost in the translation to English.
Lorna
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks, animals
I loved the minimalist style of the illustrations.
Whitney Rachel
Nov 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
i didn't love it. i didn't hate it.

somewhat depressing towards the end there.
Jen