Start by marking “Punk Marketing: Get Off Your Ass and Join the Revolution” as Want to Read:
Punk Marketing: Get Off Your Ass and Join the Revolution

Punk Marketing: Get Off Your Ass and Join the Revolution

The marketing revolution is here, so get on the right side of the barricade and become a part of it! Let's thank Mr. and Mrs. Consumer and their little Consumerlings who have seized power from the corporations and are now firmly in control.

In Punk Marketing, Laermer and Simmons take an irreverent, penetrating look at the seismic change in the relationship between the peopl
Published February 27th 2007 by Harper Business (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Punk Marketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Punk Marketing

Start your review of Punk Marketing: Get Off Your Ass and Join the Revolution
Bethany
Feb 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Though it is large brand/consumer targeted, I think it has a lot of concepts that will work their way into everyday marketing for my small music-theater company.
Jason Farley
This was an incredibly interesting and informative book. It is about advertising and the new technology (TIVO, ITunes, The Internet). They were actually teaching (rather than analyzing) the trends so that they can be used effectively, but the stats that they compiled, as well as that "historic advertising" that they looked at (like 'come see the softer side of sears' very historic) made it a really fun and interesting listen. WARNING: the swear, though not like sailors, unless the sailors are ar ...more
Ryan Coons
Feb 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
A listing of common-sense information written in a tone that the advertising executives of 2005 thought would sound cool and edgy.
Chris Conrey
I enjoyed this one, but while its concepts are still mostly relevant (if less shocking than 3 years ago) its examples are dated to the point of distraction.

Sadly its still something that most marketers need to get through - regardless of the dated examples, because the concepts are still ignored by the vast majority.
ryan
May 03, 2007 rated it liked it
the title sounds like an oximoron. it is. but whatever, it's good. I think the writers promote themselves a bit too much, but as a whole it's fun and interesting. its all about agencies taking risks and being innovative with their in marketing.
Alison
Mar 15, 2007 rated it it was ok
Super interesting and fun to read (though a tad rant-ish). Made me think about my relationship to consumerism, overall. The book is pretty geared towards those in the advertising world or brand marketing industry, for better or worse.
Felecia
Oct 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The best marketing book ever!! Very witty!
If you are looking for a book that talks about gorilla marketing and skipping lame conventional ideas for marketing that gets results. I mean they just really get it!
Nadia
May 21, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Marketing Peeps
Shelves: actuallyread
I liked this book - not a whole lot of brand new information, but a lot of "new"ish information put together in an easy-to-read and easier-to-understand kind of way. Plus, I know and love the authors -- so it's hard for me not to know and love the book.
Lori Grant
An optional-read book on self development for knowledge workers, managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
Kiersten
Apr 02, 2009 rated it did not like it
Not sure why I didn't like this one, just didn't
Stephanie
Awesome book, made me laugh too many times to count.
Adam Schweigert
Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was ok
some good examples and case studies, but this book rambles quite a bit and is a little self-serving (a lot of the examples are projects the authors worked on).
Doddy Nugraha
Aug 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed This one.
Richard Mulholland
Jun 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: business, marketing
Not bad, just a bit hackneyed
Vandana
Jan 20, 2012
Sara Zlatkovska
Oct 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
  • Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months: A Month-by-Month Guide to a Business that Works
  • Crush It!: Why Now Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
  • The Prince
  • Pensar como Steve Jobs 27 Lições do fundador e CEO da Apple para inovar, decidir e acertar
  • Da Arte da Guerra
  • Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
  • MBA da Vida Real (2ª Edição)
  • 1001 Beers You Must Taste Before You Die
  • Message in a Bottle
  • Mourinho, liderança, trabalho em equipa e excelência profissional
  • Everything is F*cked: A Book About Hope
  • Fast Company The Rules of Business: 55 Essential Ideas to Help Smart People (and Organizations) Perform At Their Best
  • A Chama Imensa
  • Marketing 3.0
  • The Notebook (The Notebook, #1)
  • Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility