Start by marking “Network+ Guide to Networks (Networking)” as Want to Read:
Network+ Guide to Networks (Networking)

Network+ Guide to Networks (Networking)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  143 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
This title will prepare users for the Network+ Certification Exam, created by CompTIA, the creators of the popular A+ Certification. This book features extensive hands-on is designed to help users pass this vendor-neutral certification.
Paperback, Fourth Edition, 956 pages
Published April 4th 2005 by Thomson/Course Technology (first published September 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Network+ Guide to Networks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Network+ Guide to Networks

Sara
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks, nonfiction
I felt constant information overload from this book. I may have some residual negative feelings towards it because I had a horrible, rambling, out-of-date professor and I soon discovered I was really not into networking, BUT I do remember this book having tooonnsss of information on every minuscule aspect of networking. I'm not sure all of it was necessary, but I'll let the networking enthusiasts decide.
Summer
Mar 26, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, college
I HATED this class. It may not have been so bad if I had taken it in person, but all I.T. classes at my school are either at night or online. So I opted for online, and discovered that reading about I.T. without any hands-on is my kryptonite. I have since changed majors, all due this class! I still managed to get an A in it though, thankfully.
Randy Daugherty
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book of course is a text book and as some have pointed out full of a lot of information and in depth data on networks. Dean lays it out in a nice and well ordered fashion, using real world situations when it comes to hands on and case study projects.
It does well on helping prepare you for the Network + certification exam and I would say gives you about 70% on the information needed in some objectives and close to 90% in others, I judge this based on the practice exams and other study materi
Joel
Oct 31, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The material was well organized and presented. It does an adequate job preparing you for the Network+ test. I'd say it gets you about 80% of the way to being completely test ready. My biggest distraction was how every personal pronoun was in the female gender. The only exception I remember was when talking about an intruder on your network, then the pronoun "he" was used. Very odd.
Vanessa
Dec 11, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It does it's job, but the information isn't presented in a fashion that helps you retain the information. It's dense text, little white space, and a bunch of terms and facts you have to memorize. They are organized and presented in a good order.
Linda
Feb 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Usability Engineering
  • Pocket Dictionary of Signing, Revised and Expanded
  • Dirty Japanese: Everyday Slang from "What's Up?" to "F*%# Off!"
  • Living in the Environment: Principles, Connections, and Solutions (with CD-ROM and InfoTrac)
  • The London Ritz Book of Afternoon Tea
  • Coding Freedom: The Ethics and Aesthetics of Hacking
  • The Book of Numbers
  • What Is Mathematics, Really?
  • Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals
  • Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript: A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating Dynamic Websites
  • The Art of Readable Code
  • Java in a Nutshell
  • The Wall Street Journal Guide to Understanding Personal Finance
  • Ill Met in Lakhmar/The Fair in Emain Macha
  • Rise of the Videogame Zinesters: How Freaks, Normals, Amateurs, Artists, Dreamers, Drop-outs, Queers, Housewives, and People Like You Are Taking Back an Art Form
  • Was This Man a Genius?: Talks With Andy Kaufman
  • Fabulous Origami Boxes
  • A History of Their Own: Women in Europe from Prehistory to the Present Volume 1

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »