Start by marking “Your First Year in Network Marketing: Overcome Your Fears, Experience Success, and Achieve Your Dreams!” as Want to Read:

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  834 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
How to Keep the Dream Alive!
Network marketing is one of the fastest-growing career opportunities in the United States. Millions of people just like you have abandoned dead-end jobs for the chance to achieve the dream of growing their own businesses. What many of them find, however, is that the first year in network marketing is often the most challenging—and, for some, the
Published January 7th 1998 by Three Rivers Press

To ask other readers questions about Your First Year in Network Marketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your First Year in Network Marketing

Faith
Sep 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who wants freedom
Shelves: networking
I wish I read this book when I started my work with RELIV. It would have saved me a lot of heartaches and unnecessary disappointments.
Cheryl Durham
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was suggested by my up line as I learn to navigate the area of network marketing. I found it to be an easy read. The authors did a fabulous job in tracing the history of network marketing, dispelling myths, preparing newcomers for rejections that are sure to come as well as the importance of positioning and timing.

There was a quote that I will hold dear. The quote was: “fine wine can be a byproduct of sour grapes.” The authors were encouraging network marketers to let the rejections p
Jimp
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is a must read for the new network marketer or even the seasoned one.
Reading this book could make the difference of you sticking with it or losing a fortune in what you could have had, namely a nice residual income for life.
Ranjit Kumar
Oct 29, 2012 is currently reading it
Sandra
Jan 21, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mlm-books, leadership
Heard a lot about this book so I got it. Talks about getting and keeping your downline happy. MLM basic book.
Kyle
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good book for anyone planning on being in the network marketing business.
Christina Schulz
Mar 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
If you're new to Network Marketing, I believe this book should be the cornerstone of your business. Hands down, a great system to follow from A-Z.
Waseem
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Slightly dated but nevertheless great foundational principles being taught to help grow and maintain a stable network marketing business and career.

Like with any serious network marketer who respects their career and business in the industry - this book should serve as just one small contribution to a life commitment into learning and growing in the industry - this book although good, is just the bear necessity and must knows for newbies to the industry and help you avoid any common mistakes ...
BeesReads
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Even though I've got no interest in Network Marketing per se, this book was recommended in a general business group I am and in my opinion has quite a lot of useful, transferable ideas for business and other purposes. Quite an easy read despite being nearly 200 pages long.
A number of typos to look out for - what should be a $ sign being typed as a 5 (so $1000 becomes 50000 - a bit of a difference!) - that occurs quite often, and there are some others.
Stacy
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Some good ideas about sticking it out and to not discount anyone as being someone who would not be interested in your product or business.

Other things are very dated such as in home presentations and hotel meetings.
Christine Jolley
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Tough slog to get through but some helpful tips
Ugochukwu O Eziefule
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you do any type of network marketing, this is a must read!
Love Sinha
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very nice book for network marketor of starting level. This book tells you how anyone can be sucessful in network marketing or what not to do . Must read book in my opinion
Rex-Anne Bobb
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honest and real!

This book has eliminated some of my fears of network marketing and has prepared me for the tough times. I am grateful to the authors and contributors.
Kristi Rist
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A must for anyone new to the industry. And for most who have been involved but neglected to become a a true leader to the down line (which is most). We have experienced the struggles, as will all of your current and future team! This book highlights how to, and how NOT TO, handle those struggles, and reminds us all to BE THERE and to COACH our teams! Something that is severely lacking in the majority of MLM world.
David Feinstein
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book should be called "How To Become Brilliant on the basics" and subtitled "How To Unleash Your Potential in MLM." It sure did for me.

This book gives in depth guidance on how to avoid the pitfalls and mistakes most new networkers tend to make. If you are new to networking and are serious about it, this book will help you really understand what this industry is all about.

A good read for anyone exploring the Network Marketing Industry!
Ashley
Apr 10, 2016 marked it as to-read
#
NC
Own in paperback.

FS: "As a business reporter and self-help writer, I have been researching and writing about the network marketing industry for eight years."

LS: "We are incurable optimists, and you can rest assured that you haven't heard the last from us...because, as we all know, Your First Year of Network Marketing is only the beginning."
Paula
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I needed to read this book for a challenge I'm participating in, and I kept putting it off and reading others in the challenge instead. The title looked boring, the cover looked boring...but it wasn't. I actually was pleasantly surprised and picked up a lot of good information from this book. Yay!
Josh Rankin
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was the book that I picked out of the crowd not long after I started in the industry. I love the authors fresh and entertaining writing style. After 4 years my fiancé and I are top 100 earners in a leading company in the industry, and I would say that speaks volumes for this book. Should be required reading for every new recruit.
Mark
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Was very informative, gave me some insight into what I can expect from my first year in internet marketing, even though the book was written for network marketing niche, the advice is still applicable
Guillermo
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
OK, for Network Marketing one of the 2 "must read" books that I've read. It is very practical and also inspirational. Are you looking the "how to's"? Here you will find them.

This is a book I will definitely recommend to my collegues.
Bernard Bentley
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A must read for anyone currently in business or anyone who has a desire to go into business in the future. This book totally equips you to understand the highs and lows that are associated with owning your own business.
Bradley
Jul 09, 2010 rated it did not like it
Yucky. Boy did I make a mistake when I picked this book up. It might as well read Amway Recruiting Manual. I tried Amway but it was not for me. Writing fantasy stories is more my cup of tea. Avoid this one if you can. =)
Steve Heckscher
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's all about hope!

Anyone who wants to give meaning to the word optimism will find it all here. A good read for all who believe in entrepreneurs and want to succeed through persistence.
James Boudreau
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An indispensable tool for any Relationship Marketer!

Give yourself a major head start in this growing market by learning how to avoid the early mistakes that derail so many careers...
Jerome Baladad
It's a must-read book for those who are involved in any kind of network marketing. I've blogged on it and it's found in this link: http://dyer-movingon.blogspot.com/201...
Stacy
Jan 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book was very helpful as I start up my new MonaVie business! The only complaint that I had was that some of the examples were a bit lengthy or redundant for the point that was being made. Overall, though, I learned so much that it was worth the small amount of time I invested in reading it!
Melanie Harper rojas
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was very useful and gave clarity on why certain things happen in this industry. The only draw back was there was a lot of discussion about selling products and i work with services. i definately recommend this book for new network marketers
Michael
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, business
Full of useful and practical information that is not typically discussed, presented by a highly successful network professional. The principles are the same today, though some of the technology is outdated.
Nadia
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
While it had positive stories, I felt like there were so many stories about people walking away from MLM. I bought this wondering if MLM was for me and now this book has left me with even more questions.
  • The Greatest Networker in the World: The story that has changed the lives of millions Now it can change yours!
  • Beach Money: Creating Your Dream Life Through Network Marketing
  • Be a Recruiting Superstar: The Fast Track to Network Marketing Millions
  • The 45 Second Presentation That Will Change Your Life
  • The Ultimate Guide to Network Marketing
  • How to Build a Multi-Level Marketing Machine
  • Go Pro - 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional
  • Building Your Network Marketing Business
  • The Flip Flop CEO
  • The New Wellness Revolution: How to Make a Fortune in the Next Trillion Dollar Industry
  • Being the Best You Can Be in MLM: How to Train Your Way to the Top in Multi-Level/Network Marketing-America's Fastest-Growing Industries
  • The Four Year Career: How to make your dreams of fun and financial freedom come true or not
  • The Business of the 21st Century
  • Maxwell 3-in1 Special Edition: The Winning Attitude,Developing the Leaders Around You,Becoming a Person of Influence
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Network Marketing Professionals
  • Network Marketing for Dummies.
  • Rock Your Network Marketing Business: How to Become a Network Marketing Rock Star
  • Dare to Dream and Work to Win: Understanding Dollars and Sense of Success in Network Marketing
“Success comes to people with leadership skills, a sound vision, enthusiasm, and the willingness to put forth the effort to build an organization and find others who will do the same.” 2 likes
“Remember this law of balance: Increase the number of approaches and decrease the impact of rejection. Susan” 0 likes