Start by marking “All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)” as Want to Read:
All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)

All He Ever Desired

(Kowalski Family #5)

A second shot at first love

After college, Ryan Kowalski decided to leave Whitford, Maine, rather than watch Lauren Carpenter marry another man. Now his siblings need his help to refurbish the family-owned Northern Star Lodge and he’s forced to face the past sooner rather than later when he collars a vandal—and learns the boy is Lauren’s son…

The last person Lauren needs bac
Published November 19th 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about All He Ever Desired, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All He Ever Desired

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

All He Ever Desired is the fifth book in the Kowalski Family series and another enjoyable story. I can tell you, without hesitation, that Shannon Stacey is one of my favorite contemporary romance authors, and this series is must read for me. The stories are sweet, passionate, humorous, and often focus on valuable lessons, reminding us of what is most important in life; Love, family and integrity.
A second shot at first love…

After college, Ryan Kowalski decided to leave Whitford, Maine, rather tha
Ian
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Robyn Carr and Jill Shalvis
Rules for Contemporary Romance

1. The hero should be 6' plus, have a six pack, a full head of hair, be well endowed, be the best lover the heroine has ever had (regardless of how many previous lovers she has had) and be independently wealthy.

2. The heroine should be a girl next door, have curves, struggle with money and possibly have a son from a previous marriage to a loser. It is OK for the heroine to be a virgin so long as she has a very good reason, such as looking after her sick mother or
Ana

A great contemporary romance!

Lauren Carpentner is satisfied with her life. She's free of her husband (not that he was all bad, bu the constant cheating wasn't nice), she has her loyal friends, her son (although he does let his hormones rule him a bit too much)... True, there's no man around, but who actually needs them? Right?

And then Ryan Kowalski walk back to town. Ryan, well he is a successful business owner who really doesn't want to come back to Whitford. You see, he has an unfort
Jess
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B+

As she sat down, Lauren tried to shake off the nerves that being so close to him [Ryan] seemed to have set to quivering, only to find herself pinned by Paige’s all-too-observant stare. She should have made the time to pack a lunch this morning.

“Coffee?”

“They have that effect on women.”

“Coffees?”

“Kowalskis.”

Ryan owns a successful building company out of state, but has returned home for a short time to help rebuild his family’s lodge. Wh
★★★
All He Ever Desired is the fifth installment in Shannon Stacey's adult contemporary romance series titled Kowalski Family. Ms. Stacey is such a fun romance author and I'm having a great time following this series. This particular installment presents some complexity within the main characters' relationship. Ryan and Lauren have some history together and when they parted ways in their younger years they did so a bit awkwardly. Now, years later, their paths have crossed once again and as the bo
Melinda Dozier
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-copies
The Kowalskis are at it again. Shannon Stacey's Kowalski men are some of my favorite Alpha men. Ryan Kowalski is no disappointment. He is honrable, honest, kind, hard-working and a driven man who has always loved Lauren Carpenter.

As teenagers, Ryan asked Laurent to leave her husband, move with him and he'd raise Nick as his own son. But, Lauren was too young to make that decision. Ryan left town without turning back and made a multimillion dollar life for himself. Now back in town to help his fa
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Why I Read this Book: I’m hooked on the series. I will read every single book in the Kowalski Family series.

What I Liked: I like a little cat and mouse in my romance. I like the dance between a hero and heroine where the attraction and chemistry is obviously there but there’s some hesitation from one party (or both). I love watching it play out; the tension, the banter, the sexual innuendos – all of it.

I thought I was going to be annoyed by Lauren’s teenaged son, Nick, but he wasn’t that bad. An
Mandi Schreiner
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Favorite Quote: “Coffee?”

Lauren pressed a hand to her stomach, cursing the butterflies. “I think I’ll have decaf.”

“They have that effect on women.”

“Coffees?”

“Kowalskis.”

Why does Shannon Stacey write such adorable books? Her Kowalski series has quickly gone to one of my most anticipated series. In this book we get a hero who was so desperately in love with the heroine when they were younger that he asked her to leave her husband to be with him. Although Laura married young and had to care for her
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

I love Shannon Stacey. It's been far too long since I've read her and the Kowalski Family series. When I opened All He Ever Desired (book #5 of the Kowalski Family) it was like coming home. With that being said, as much as I liked the first 4 books of the series it's nothing compared to how much I liked this book.

Ryan Kowalski took a leap of faith as a young man and asked the pregnant wife of his best friend to run away with him. He cared for her, but more importantly
Lisa Filipe
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ryan Kowalski is back in town, and trying his best to stop running into the one woman that he always wanted and never had, Lauren Carpenter. Lauren can't forget that "what-if" moment in her life with Ryan years ago, but now she may have a second chance with him and she plans to take full advantage. But for two people who's lives are so far apart, can a romance work between them, or will they just crash and burn?

The fifth book in the Kowalski Series was so much fun! Not only did we have a steamy,
Cathy
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
This was good and on its way to a 4-star rating, but then the end happened and nope.

I feel like I should've liked this series more than I actually did. With the exception of Mitch and Paige's book, there was nothing that really grabbed me or featured any of the things I look for in a contemporary romance book. I liked all of the other books fine, I just didn't love them. A combination of the writing not totally working for me and all the instant-proposals, I would guess.

In any case, I am VERY in
ShoSho
Nov 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
woooohoooo I love Netgalley :D I've already bought the next in the series , hoping I'd get approved by Netgalley for this one and I just got approved !

************
It wasn't what I expected it to be not better or worse just different.The blurb is all wrong for it!
I really liked this one , I've read the whole series in order so far and this one was one of the good ones.
I have already started on the next one.

Lisa Kay
★★★★ I probably shouldn't give this so many stars, but it has been so long since I visited with the Kowalskis, and I was just in the mood for some of their family fun.

The funniest part? When everyone was telling Ryan their secrets. LOL! I would have liked to read more of that.

Plus, I gobbled it down in one day.

This author made something work that I didn't think would, and for all the right reasons, too.
Susan
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love second chance stories and this one was fantastic. Ryan is back in Whitford to help his family repair the family lodge. He's left his successful construction business back in Massachusetts for the month he figures it's going to take. On his brief visits before he's managed to avoid Lauren, remembering the way she shot him down when he asked her to leave with him. When he catches Lauren's sixteen year old son vandalizing the lodge he offers to let the boy work off the damages, which also gi ...more
Ni_kii
Full review at http://scorchingbookreviews.blogspot....

I love this series; it makes me so happy! This is the book of Ryan Kowalski, the serious constructor introduced to us in Mitch’s book. In that book, he was so serious and work driven that I wondered how this book. We had been tantalised with the rumour that “something” had happened between him and the mysterious Lauren that had kept him away from home. In this book, we find out that he had thought himself madly in love with her and asked her
Christi Snow
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
My Review:
The one thing I can say about absolutely every book of Shannon's from this series is that I am constantly laughing. I love the Kowalski family and the camaraderie that Shannon has created among them. This is a family that loves each other dearly and show it by giving each other a hard time and snarky comments. I love that!

This book follows Ryan. We met him in the last book and knew that there was something up with his history with Lauren, but WHOA...I had no idea. They do have some his
Jonetta
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ryan Kowalski (36) has never forgotten Lauren Carpenter (34) after almost 14 years and the passion of his past has certainly tempered. She's only improved over time and he has a whole new set of feelings to contend with. Lauren has played the "what if" game with herself since her divorce eight years ago, imagining what her life might have been like if she'd taken Ryan up on his offer to run away with him. She's got a chance to play things out in the present but wonders if he still has any feelin ...more
Judy
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
All He Ever Desired by Shannon Stacey
The Kowalski Series Book 5
Ryan Kowalski has come back to Northern Star Lodge in Whitford, Maine to help his brothers get it fixed up to sell. He’s been home over the past few years and each time he tries to ignore the beautiful Lauren. This time is different. Not only does he run into her in town, he catches her son vandalizing their property and makes Nick work it off. Leaving Lauren to come by the lodge to pick her son up and maybe giving Ryan a second chan
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Posted on Under the Covers

Lauren Carpenter once had a beautiful family. Now she and her husband are divorced and their son is an emotional teenager. Keeping her head up is a hard task when all she wants to do is simply catch a break. But when Ryan Kowalski returns to Whitford to help his family restore the Northern Star Lodge, Lauren finds that her heart has never really let Ryan go.

Ryan and Lauren have an interesting past. All is revealed as you read the book, but I have to say that Shannon Sta
Dee Sauter
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Ryan Kowalski has come back to his hometown in Whitford, Maine to help his family refurbish the Northern Star Lodge that has been in his family for generations. At this point in the trilogy, they are not sure if they are getting ready to sell it or hire someone to run it so the youngest Kowalski can go off and do who knows what. There are 6 children in the family and each, except for Joshua has moved out of state.
While Ryan is there he reconnects with a girl that he carried a torch for 14 yea
Amanda Ryan
Nov 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Ah, The Kowalski's. All He Ever Desired brings us Ryan Kowalski's story. Ryan owns and operates a successful construction company, and he returns to his roots in Maine in order to put his skills to use in restoring the family's lodge. He's hesitant to come back, mostly because he still has a knee-jerk reaction to seeing the woman he once loved, Lauren. Lauren is divorced and has an angsty teenage son, and she's having her own unwelcome reactions to Ryan's return. After her son is caught vandaliz ...more
Mikaela
Nov 14, 2012 rated it liked it
After reading All he ever needed, which was a disappointment to me, I hestitated before I requested this one on Netgalley. Since it was an Arc, I figured all I would lose if I didn't like it was time. I am happy to say that I did like it.

Just like all the Kowalski novels, this book was a small town romance with down to earth characters. I loved how both the good sides and bad sides of living in a small town were included in the novel.

If this novel had a theme, it was second chances. Lauren and R
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Another great romance!

This and other reviews can also be found on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews.

All He Ever Desired is about a second chance in love. Is it even possible? Ryan Kowalski sure doesn’t think so, and when he comes back to Withford after a long absence, he does the best he can to avoid Lauren, the woman he has loved since high-school. They meet on his first day back, however, as their paths cross in his soon-to-be sister-in-law’s diner. Ryan has no idea what to say to her, and en
Jenn Scranton
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
"I like being your 'you know, whatever'..."

You know, this book was recommended to me forever and a half ago and I didn't think I would like it... But it was great!

Sweet and comical!

Mature love that grew with time, but at the same time had all of the intensity that you want! It was great! I devoured it!

**ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012

{This review as originally published on Clear Eyes, Full Shelves.}
“You are going to dance with Ryan before this party ends. I don’t care if I have to stand on a chair and announce to everybody that he has to dance with you.”

“If you do that, I’ll go to the library on Tuesday and check out every Nicholas Sparks book you have and not bring them back so you’ll have to tell everybody you don’t have any of his books. Forever.”

“You wouldn’t.”

Lauren smiled over the rim of her champagne glass. “
♥ Joy Joy ♥
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kowalski-series
All He Ever Desired was not my favorite Kowalski book but still better than the first book of the series. It was a sweet love story but I thought the ending events were rushed through. I thought the last blow up/obstacle was played out a bit too dramatically and then the resolution a little too sappy without much depth that portrayed the growth of the relationship.

But that could have just been me. Still, a good story and really enjoyed the inclusion of Lauren's son.
Desi
le doy 1.75 estrellas
Porque si bien Ryan me gustó bastante, Lauren me pareció insoportable...me cayó muy mal esa mujer!! Y de paso lo que hace casi al final terminó que ya no me gustara el libro.... (view spoiler)
Brie
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Originally posted at Romance Around the Corner

Source: A review copy of the book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley.

The Kowalski books keep getting stronger. This new trilogy almost feels like a different series, maybe because it features a new set of brothers living in a different town. I’m very glad because it keeps the books fresh. This new installment also features a role reversal in the main couple, and a heroine that pushes some genre boundaries, or at least has a set of goals
Ally
Oct 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, ebook, netgalley
The last person Lauren needs back in her life is Ryan Kowalski. With a bitter ex-husband and a moody teenage son, she has enough man trouble already. But her son needs to learn a few l
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
All He Ever Desired is the fifth book in Shannon Stacey’s Kowalski Brothers series. Usually around this time in a series, especially if I’m reading them one after another, I might find myself getting bored or that the stories are becoming less interesting or too similar. Not so with this series. Each brother and their story is unique, and I really love that about this series. Oh, all the Kowalski’s are good men but each faces different challenges when it comes to life and love.

Ryan Kowalski has
  • Lean On Me (Holloway, #2)
  • Under the Mistletoe (Lucky Harbor, #6.5)
  • Romancing the Holiday (Kent Brothers, #3; Holloway, #3)
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
  • Along Came Trouble (Camelot, #2)
  • The Downfall of a Good Girl (LaBlanc Sisters, #1)
  • Suddenly You (Porter Siblings, #2)
  • The Virgin's Revenge (Rancho del Cielo, #4)
  • Real Men Will (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #3)
  • That Thing Called Love (Razor Bay, #1)
  • Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, #2)
  • Willow Springs (Destiny, #5)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shannon Stacey lives with her husband and two sons in New England, where her favorite activities are writing romance and really random tweets when she’s not riding her ATV. She loves mud, books, football & watching way too much TV.

Kowalski Family (10 books)
  • Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1)
  • Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2)
  • Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)
  • All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4)
  • All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)
  • Love a Little Sideways (Kowalski Family, #7)
  • Taken with You (Kowalski Family, #8)
  • Falling for Max (Kowalski Family, #9)
  • What it Takes (Kowalski Family, #10)
“Ryan: Lady, I ain’t a boomerang. You throw me away again, I’m not coming back.
Lauren:You call me lady in that tone again, it’s your balls that won’t be coming back.”
9 likes
“If somebody wants you to pin a label on my place in your life, just tell them I'm yours. It's that simple.” 6 likes