Start by marking “The Deadly Messiah” as Want to Read:
The Deadly Messiah

The Deadly Messiah

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Catastrophe time as communities fall victim to mysterious illness. Bensonhurst, Kentucky (pop. 1242) is hit first: 1039 dead within 24 hours. Just when the team of specialists identifies the cause--rampant infections due to the collapse of immunity systems--Bridgeton, Minnesota gets it too. The experts' panel enlarges and begins to disagree: are bacteria at work or is a ma ...more
Paperback
Published April 1977 by Avon (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Deadly Messiah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deadly Messiah

Feliks
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: genre-sci-fi
A book which could have been better considering the authors responsible--no slouches at all. Albert Fay Hill & David Hill know how to craft a story but there was just something off-kilter in the root concept of this one.

Still, its a better book than the ugly sneer leveled at it by 'Kirkus Reviews' leads one to assume. The climax of the book--'stopping the killer from striking again' may be predictable only because its now such an over-familiar mechanism with which to finish any thriller. Con
Natt Cham
เปนการผสมผสานวิทยาศาสตรโหราศาสตร และอาชญากรรมไดอยางกลมกลืน

สนุกตืนเตน เดาเรืองไมออก ตังแตหนาแรกไปจนหนาสุดทาย วางไมลงเลยทีเดียว

ไมแปลกใจเลยทีลีลาการแปลแบบนีถึงสรางชือใหสุวิทย ขาวปลอด เริมจากเรืองนีมาจนบัดนีกวาสามสิบปี แลวเรืองกยังไมลาสมัยไปเลย

แตนาแปลกใจทีเลมนีหลุดสายตาเราไปไดอยางไรหลายสิบปี
Erik Graff
Sep 13, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sf suspence fans
Recommended to Erik by: no one
Shelves: sf
I must have borrowed this sf suspence novel as my notes from the period have a question mark where the authors' names should be noted. In any case, it wasn't very memorable. A.F. Hill seems to have an interest in diseases judging by his other, nonfiction publications.
Bracken
Jan 05, 2008 rated it did not like it
It started as an interesting medical thriller, but became a commentary on how astrology doesn't conflict with christianity or science. At 80 pages left, it was so predictable, that I didn't feel like I needed to finish.
Tara
Mar 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
My Grandfather and uncle wrote this book in the 70s and I've been seeing it on their shelves for years. I finally decided it was time I read it. It's a great thriller, and I think the idea is still pretty fresh, even 37 years later!
Anna
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I first read this in 7th grade (1983) and was utterly fascinated. Yes, the first few chapters are grisly and that probably caught my attention. I re-read it a few years ago and thought it was still decent, if dated.
John
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thiller
A good thriller however I do not know if I buy all the astology
Patrick Nichol
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent thriller that is slightly dated and a little too bogged down in Astrology.
But the vivid portrayals of people dying of ordinary diseases rivals any Zombie Apocalypse flick today.
Eduard Hafermann
Apr 12, 2017
Philip
Feb 16, 2013
Brad
Jul 30, 2012
Kayla
rated it did not like it
Nov 22, 2013