Start by marking “Un Misterio En Italia” as Want to Read:
Un Misterio En Italia

Un Misterio En Italia

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  1,098 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Gianluca ha de reconocer que su vida está vacía. Su opresivo trabajo en la ciudad, sus ingresos de siete cifras, sus deslumbrantes amigas… hace mucho que todo eso ha dejado de satisfacerle. Su matrimonio se ha acabado y apenas conoce a sus hijas. Buscando serenidad y un fin a su existencia más profundo, viaja a Italia, al mágico palacio Montelimone, restaurado por sus padr ...more
Published May 30th 2012 by Urano Publishers (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Un Misterio En Italia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Un Misterio En Italia

Ana Rodrigues
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gostei apesar de ao início ter pensado 2 ou 3 vezes se desistia ou não do livro por causa do tema dos espíritos.
Pesou muito o facto de se desenrolar em Itália para continuar a ler.
No final acabei por gostar e fiquei com curiosidade de ler mais livros desta autora, até já sei qual vai ser o próximo, "A última viagem do Valentina", que está relacionado com este livro. :)

Eva
Jan 07, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-2-stars, read-2011
So, I didn't really enjoy this book.
The story was, in some way, hard for me to follow.
I was excited about the progress between Luca and Cosima, but I couldn't care less about the whole story around Valentina and the pallazzio. It was actually just plain boring... I hope that her other books will amuse me more...
Sandra Melo
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
É o meu primeiro livro da autora e posso dizer que adorei. Depois de uma semana sem muita vontade para ler, este livro conseguiu mandar embora a preguicite aguda que me tinha assolado. Uma boa leitura para as férias.
Chantal
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the story of Luca and Cosima, but was plain bored with 1) the endless repetition of what happened to Valentina and 2) the numerous flat characters residing at the Palazzo without bringing added value to the story... I definitely have read much better books of Santa Montefiore...
Anne
Oct 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While it's the sequel to The Last Voyage of the Valentina, this was a lovely stand-alone story with strong characters, a heart-warming romantic storyline, the perfect setting of a palazzo on the Amalfi coast and a nice touch of the supernatural. Most enjoyable.
Fran
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As of all Santa Montefiore books, this was a beautiful book to read. It was such a romantic story. After reading the sequels to this book , this one followed on beautifully.
Janette Elsworth
A real love story

Having never read a book by this author I didn't know what to expect. I can't wait to read more! This was such a tender story of love, ghosts and new beginnings. I could almost imagine I was there with them. I didn't want it to end and would love to know what happens to Luca and Cosima next. A sequel please
Annabel Price
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story well written but sad and kinna unforgettable
Joyceling
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful! (Much more fun than a ghastly book just finished) Wonderful mix of the Italians and English with a bit of a mystery as well.
Adrianna Kowalska
Z całym spokojem mogę dodać tę pozycję do kategorii ulubione. Dlaczego? Już dawno żadna książka nie sprawiła, że pod koniec poleciały mi łzy. I chociaż czytana drugi raz podobała mi się mniej niż za pierwszym razem to jednak dalej zostaje na tej samej liście. Jednak przejdźmy do sedna, czyli recenzji.
Książka jest typowym romansem i nie będę tego ukrywać przed wami. Dlatego na początku radzę, żeby nie brały się za nią osoby, które lubią tego typu pozycję, bo w innym wypadku można ją źle odebrać.
Sonia Cristina
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este livro foi a minha estreia com Santa Montefiore. Apesar de eu ter as expetativas mais altas, foi uma leitura que me deu muito prazer, o que é ainda mais surpreendente por nas últimas 3 semanas(!) ter sido tão difícil encontrar um livro que me cativasse o interesse e a atenção. Este cativou!

Luca, recém divorciado e farto da vida que leva dedicada ao trabalho, decide vender a sociedade, deixar Londres e vai para Itália, para uma localidade chamada Incantellaria com a sua magia onde os pais rec
Louiza Egan
Sep 20, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
Although it irks me I can forgive a book where the leading characters are an extremely rich devilishly handsome mid life crisis rake from the city, and an (of course blonde and willowy and still beautiful) woman likened to a sugared almond - sweet as sugar on the outside and hard as a nut on the inside. But not if by nearing the end of disc 1 I am feeling I am trapped on the 'story' page of a less imaginative magazine aimed at the older woman, and we are STILL at the dinner party we began on. Wi ...more
Christine
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This is the first Santa Montefiore book I've read and would be interested in reading more, especially the other story in the Valentina series. I was looking for something light and Summery, and this definitely did the trick. I enjoyed all the characters and the beautiful Italian setting. if you love all the charms of Italian villages by the sea, this book is for you! It has a pleasant, feel-good vibe to it as it meanders gently through the storyline with the backdrop of a restored Italian palace ...more
Dani
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Santa Montefiore book I have read, and I will definitely be reading more. The only down side to this book is that there are so many characters, so of which don't really serve a purpose - Max and Dizzy, for example. I also felt that this book could have done with a family tree included, as Cosima had a large, complicated Italian family!
But apart from those few things, I loved this book. If you love a good romance, set in a beautiful, fictional Italian town on the Amalfi coast th
Kandie Sweeney
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed all Santa Montefiore's books and this one was no exception. They always transport me to the locations they are set in. I especially love her books that are set in Italy because I loved Italy. This book also had somewhat of a mysterious element to it as well which I enjoy. I couldn't put it down. This book came out about ten years ago and having read some of her more recent books, I think she has developed more depth in her writing since then. I still thoroughly enjoyed this ...more
Lucia Becci
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did enjoy this book. there is the voyage of the valentina to read first which I have read but forgot the story until I read some other reviews.however thoroughly enjoyed this I love a book that can bring out some emotion in you I am a sentimental old bugger so some tears were shed.the clairvoyance idea's in the book appeal to me anyway but for other's I can imagine they would find it tedious or hard to understand.
Diana
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. The story just pulled me straight in the discriptions of the scenery were so vivid you could picture them. The characters were all believable even if some were more than a little eccentric. The love story building between Luca and cosmia was beautifully built and the haunting addition of cosmias son added a lovely depth and interest to the book. Can't say any moe with out spoiling the end for others.
Anne
May 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book club read. This seemed very fanciful and unbelievable. Not sure what the writer was trying to achieve - a mystery, a romance or a travelogue. Gianluca is not a sympathetic character - and it is hard to find one in the book. However loved descriptions of Amalfi coast and the narrative moved along - I saw the ending about 1/4 way through the book!
Natasja
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roman
Dit is mijn derde boek van Santa Montefiore,en het zijn allemaal prachtige verhalen en zo verschillend.
Ook van dit boek heb ik weer genoten en ging me niet snel genoeg,en toch tegen het einde had ik zoiets van......nee ik wil nog verder lezen.
Heerlijk romantisch en het mooie onverwachte...
Ik ben fan
Natalie
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: head-mush
I took a while to get into this book due to the whole ghost aspect of it but loved the ending. Just what I needed after a wonderful trip to Sorrento - a beautiful story full of sunshine and lemons. :)
Lauren
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good, I think I cried a little a few times. The title had me trying to figure the book out from the beginning, but I was totally wrong and really like it when I found out the true "match maker." Also made me want to go back to England and Italy!!
Yvonne Klooster
Aug 08, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: weggelegd
Ben gestopt met lezen. Wat een voorspelbaar slap verhaal. De hoofdpersoon vind ik een arrogante kwal. Dit boek heeft voor mij een veel te hoog ' bouquetreeks gehalte' . Niet mijn idee van een goed boek. Jammer...
Katerina
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, this is a book for fans of fairytales, mistics and lovestories. But I liked it because of exceptional style of writing. I had a bright picture of place, emotions... Now, I've loved Incantelaria and this special castle)
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of her finest books! I did not expect to like it that much! Even though I do not believe in ghosts - and thought that Cosima and Luca fell in love way to fast - I loved the plot! The other characters and their story lines are amazing!
Lynette
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a terrific sequel to "Last Voyage of the Valentina". The story skips a generation, Alba is now a grandmother still living in Incantellaria. Glad I read it because it completes the first story. Well written, lovely characters.
Dolly Sapra
So many characters in this book!! why? i still dont know.. what was the book meant to be? A ghost story?A romantic story?

The novel might have been an enjoyable read if all that extra baggage was dropped
Saybre
Apr 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book because of the Italian theme.
Karen
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excelent book, but any book by this authro always is....
Alfonsiene
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meeslepend vanaf de eerste zin. De ideale roman om in zomerstemming te komen! Santa Montefiore rules!
Renata
  • Villa Serena
  • The House of Dust and Dreams
  • The Third Heiress
  • A Filha do Barão
  • A Case Of Spirits (Sergeant Cribb, #6)
  • Sins of the Mother
  • Changing Grooms
  • Warnings Of Gales
  • Gardens Of Delight
  • De Mannentester
  • Class (Maggie Adair #1)
  • Voyage of Innocence
Born in England in 1970 Santa Montefiore grew up on a farm in Hampshire and was educated at Sherborne School for Girls. She read Spanish and Italian at Exeter University and spent much of the 90s in Buenos Aires, where her mother grew up. She converted to Judaism in 1998 and married historian Simon Sebag Montefiore in the Liberal Jewish Synagogue in London. They live with their two children, Lily ...more
More about Santa Montefiore...