Start by marking “On the Day the Tall Ships Sailed” as Want to Read:
On the Day the Tall Ships Sailed

On the Day the Tall Ships Sailed

3.18  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
As the tall ships sail into the bay on the Fourth of July, an American bald eagle watches from above -- a living symbol of our freedom. In this rousing patriotic song that heralds the glory and pride of our nation on Independence Day, Betty and Michael Paraskevas show a different side of their work. This majestic book celebrates our country's history as well as its future. ...more
Published June 1st 2000 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about On the Day the Tall Ships Sailed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Day the Tall Ships Sailed

Millie Simonds
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is set in the New York Bay on the Fourth of July when the ships came back into the bay. I believe that this book really shows the American spirit in a child friendly way and it also references the bald eagle and what it symbolizes many times which is neat because I do not remember learning too much about the eagle as a child. I believe that this book would be great to read to children when they are learning about America becoming a free country.
Jasmine Bowman