Start by marking “The Love Academy” as Want to Read:
The Love Academy

The Love Academy

(LoveTravel #6)

Do you have enough romance in your life?

Journalist Kirsty Bailey would have to answer no. She has the essential starter kit - a boyfriend - but somehow Joe seems to have skipped the vows of for better/for worse and gone straight to for granted.

But then just as she's on the verge of settling for a swoon-free existence, Kirsty's magazine sends her to a majestic Venetian
Mass Market Paperback, 386 pages
Published July 19th 2007 by Arrow (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Love Academy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Love Academy

Start your review of The Love Academy
Rea Cobb
May 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am sure many of you are chick lit lovers and I am sure that if you love chick lit then at some point you must have read Belinda Jones books! Belinda Jones has travelled to many different countries through her life due to her work and this shows in her books. She has a way of making you feel as if you are in the same country when you are reading any of her books and this book, The Love Academy is one of them. The book is set in Italy and after reading this book I feel a trip is in order for ...more
Christina
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
What I liked most about this book were the quotes at the beginning of each chapter.
It's obviously a book about relationships. But what's special about this one is that it's helping you realize what you want from a relationship isn't always what you need.
Megan
Review to come
✨ Sara ✨
Jul 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
if i could give it zero stars, i would.
PrettyFlamingo
Aug 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I quite liked this book, but I didn't love it. I remember reading I Love Capri a good few years ago now and I enjoyed that very much. One thing I really liked about that was how it was firmly set in a specific time owing to its topical references of Heat magazine, Simon Cowell and so on. That is a fab element of chick lit and something I love when I pick up a new to me book that may be a few years old; it's almost amusingly retro. Basic premise: Kirsty is a journalist and feels that her ...more
Alice Rose
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
It's very hard to enjoy a book when you think the main character is a whiny, high maintenance, selfish, irritating, self-pitying idiot.

Kirsty Bailey is a journalist who is sent by her magazine to the Love Academy, a mysterious place that promises true love at the end of your stay. Kirsty's mission is to find out if the Love Academy is nothing more than a brothel all dressed up in fancy clothes.

I have a major issue with the main character. In general, I cannot bear women who constantly moan that
Nikki Bywater
Oct 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Journalist Kirsty Bailey is sent on an assignment to Venice by her magazine on an undercover mission to “The Love Academy” to find out if “The Love Academy” is all it claims to be a school for singles, teaching lessons on how to find romance and true love or if it is what her editor suspects it to be just another well dressed up escort agency.

Back home Kirsty love life and relationship with her boyfriend Joe is a big disappointment to her due to the lack of romance that Joe brings into her life.
Dark-Draco
Mar 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Light - check! Fluffy - check! Happy Ending - check!

To be honest, there's not a lot more I want out of this sort of book, as I usually only pick up a romance between heavier books or when I need to lift my mood a bit.

The story is fine - Kirsty is a reporter goes undercover at 'The Love Academy' - a luxury package holiday in Venice where the guests are partnered with Italian 'Amores', who teach them romance, confidence and how to be just a little more Italian! Only Kirsty has a boyfriend back
Stacey
Mar 28, 2012 rated it liked it
An entertaining and fun novel about love, romance and Venice!

Journalist Kirsty Bailey is sent on assignment to Venice, to investigate 'The Love Academy' - a 'school of romance', or is it? However, along the way she must deal with temptation in the form of Dante, the Italian gentleman who the Academy matches her up with. What should she do about this when she has a romance-inept boyfriend back in London?

Belinda Jones is a fun writer, very down-to-earth and natural, and I wouldn't hesitate
Moya
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Belinda Jones; she is hands down one of my favourite authors. Not just for the book content themselves, but moreso that after reading any of her novels, you feel as though you have been to the place yourself, and experienced the town / city / country that the book has been set in. She certainly does her research on locations!

The Love Academy is no exception, from the passionate drama of the Italians, to the delicate descriptions of glass-blowing (which, by the way, I loved the idea of!)
Carlin
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paperback
I actually purchased this book, written in 2007, from Amazon because I could not find it as an ebook, $.01 + postage! I had to read it because I knew the characters in another book make a cameo appearance in this one. I Love Capri was such a fun book, and since this book was also set in Italy (Venice), I knew I would enjoy it as well. Belinda Jones obviously knows her settings. Everything she wrote about Venice rang true (I've been there), and I could easily imagine the scenes.

I gave this a
Ann
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-liked
The Love Academy was a lovely, fun read. Kirsty, a reporter, and Kier, her brother go to Venice to attend a course in The Love Academy. Kirsty is sent undercover to reveal The Academy`s secret agendas and Kier goes against his wishes suffering from a broken heart by a Venetian woman.

They spend 9 days, learning about themselves and being reminded what romance is and isn`t. I really liked the message of the book. It has been my belief for quite long now and it was nice to be reminded. One cannot
LadyTechie
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really had fun with this book. There were secrets and the amazing Venice that so far I only know from live webcams, pictures and books. I hope to make it there this year so I can see all of the beautiful spots that Kirsty saw during her visit. Murano sounds so amazing. The story was interesting and had some great characters who each needed to grow in their own way. I have to admit that I could go either way with who Kirsty ended up with at the end of the book because Dante was amazing, but, at ...more
Rebecca Haslam
Sep 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I managed to finish this book in a few days, which is nothing new admittedly, but it also wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. If anything, it was a little too unsurprising and I could see where the story was going long before it played out on the pages. Had I been given a few surprises along the way I may have rated this book higher. I won't be reading it again, though I will be keeping it since my copy is signed by Belinda herself ;-)
Umi
Feb 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
as i read through this book, i thought the main character would end up with her amour but nope. i think she's just confused with her demanding state on how she wanted her partner to treat her as a lover. and make her escapade cum academy sneaking adventure her way to learn things.

i don't think i can ever stand to read another contemporary chic-lit novel.
Nicholas
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an okay book, but I will admit the ending just didn't do it for me. About halfway through the book it was easy to see that the book could go in a few different directions. The book was a pretty fun read. The story was pretty interesting and the characters really did grow on me by the end of the book. It was sad to see the story end.
Steph
Sep 18, 2008 rated it did not like it
As I intend to visit Venice with my mother early next year, I thought it a light way to learn about the less serious aspect of Venice. Belinda Jones definitely has a way of making every corner seem enticing, and she also offers a sugary alternative to an official guidebook. As far as the story goes ... less said the better.
Sandra
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm kind of disappointed in how this book ended. When I was 80% of the way through, I knew it could go a few directions and I wish it'd gone in a different one than it did. That being said, it wasn't a bad book.
Iwishiwasjane
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
though i am a fan of romantic novels, i have to admit that i didnt really like this one. i actually fell asleep whilst reading it and therefore refused to continue :)

call me stupid, but i took that as a bad sign. maybe i will read it again in a few months but right now *eh*
nabilah
i love this book.
the love academy is a place 4 anyone who would want to know about a perfect love.. they'll teach u everything about love.. they even show u how to deal with love!!!
Sunne
Jul 28, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
The story was not quite as stupid and simple as the title suggests, but of course it still is only chick-lit.
A
Mar 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Very cute, light read. I enjoyed it but found the messages were a little obvious. However, it is a light read, or chic-lit as they call it, so I wasnt expecting much more.
Siërra Wouter
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, i was only not to happy about the end.
i felt like she ended with the wrong guy,
i am glad her boyfriend, Joe came to his senses but i liked the italian better.
Nadia
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Too slow to start....
Paula Gainey
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Now i definitely plan to tour Italy
Marf Villangca
Sep 10, 2012 rated it liked it
fun read.. at least before the ending..
Angela
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was alright but riddled with clichés, the only thing that surprised me was who the main character ended up with in the end.
Kiru Taye
Feb 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
A fun light chick-lit read.
Kimiko-K
I love this book! Need I say more?
Karen
Sep 20, 2016 added it
I enjoyed her wit and vivid imagination, there is a very mushy ending

• The Waitress
  • Never Greener
  • A Family Recipe
  • Just A Family Affair (Honeycote, #3)
  • Song of the Skylark
  • Autumn Magic (Thorne Witches, #2)
  • Spring Magic (Thorne Witches, #4)
  • Christmas at the Crescent
  • Making Hay (Honeycote, #2)
  • Rekindled Magic (Thorne Witches, #5)
  • Coming Home to Island House
  • Winter Magic (Thorne Witches, #3)
  • One Evening in Paris
  • Champagne e camomilla
  • 12th of Never (Women's Murder Club, #12)
  • The Shadow Land
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • Bij Verdiensten (De Kiekeboes, #114)
Belinda Jones was born in Turnbridge Wells, Kent England. At the age of 19 she moved to London, where she resided for the next ten years before moving to California. She now lives in Los Angeles.

Belinda Jones writes books for women which focus around travel and womens issues, particularly relationships. Her books tend to fall into the romance, chick lit and women's fiction categories

LoveTravel (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Divas Las Vegas
  • I Love Capri
  • The California Club
  • Cafe Tropicana
  • The Paradise Room
  • Out of the Blue
  • Living la Vida Loca
  • California Dreamers
  • Winter Wonderland (LoveTravel #10)
  • The Travelling Tea Shop
“The research on male-female attraction tells us that in reality neither males nor females thinks that physical attraction a turn-on. It's the slightly tousled hair, imperceptibly loosened tie, the little flaws that attract someone because we perceive them as human and thus like ourselves” 0 likes