Start by marking “I Believe in Santa Claus” as Want to Read:
I Believe in Santa Claus

I Believe in Santa Claus

Finally, a book that says it's OK to believe in Santa Claus, yet shows how this time honored symbol is meant to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas.
Published September 1st 2000 by North Star Publications (Miami, FL)

To ask other readers questions about I Believe in Santa Claus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Believe in Santa Claus

Cherie
Dec 28, 2009 Cherie rated it really liked it
Nathan and I decided that building up our kids hope/belief in Santa Claus was something that we'd rather not do. We don't discourage them from thinking Santa is cool, or going and sitting on his lap for a candy cane, but we don't feed them ideas of someone coming through our chimney either. Our kids know that we got them presents, and that we do that each year because we love them and we want to symbolize Christ's gift(s) to us. Anyway! This book draws parallels between Christ and Santa Claus, a ...more
Shauna
Oct 08, 2012 Shauna rated it it was amazing
This book has a very plain cover...
But open it up and you will be truly surprised!
Cute illustrations and simple verses tell the similarities between Santa Claus and Christ.

From the book:

"Santa wears red
Christ wears red (Isaiah 63:2)
Santa has white hair
Christ has white hair (Revelations 1:14)
Santa comes in the night
Christ came in the night (1 Thessalonians 5:2)
Santa loves little children
Christ loves little children (Matthew 19:14)
Santa wants us to be good
Christ knows we are good(1 Timothy 2:3-4)
S
Liz
Jan 19, 2013 Liz rated it it was amazing
I'm one of those parents who doesn't ever want to admit to her kids who Santa is. I love "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus", and I love this book too. For when that inevitable question, "Is there a Santa?" comes, I'm happy I have this book. It puts perspective behind the tradition of Santa, and brings us back to what we're really celebrating, our Savior. Everything about Santa should remind us of Jesus Christ. The colors he wears, the children he loves, are all symbols. So it's ok to believ ...more
Melanie
Dec 10, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
I love the image of Santa as a symbol for Christ. This book explains in easy terms for young children how they are alike. I felt the message was still just as poignant for older children and adults, as well.
Tiffeny
Nov 15, 2014 Tiffeny rated it it was amazing
I believe in Santa Clause too! I love the parallel with our Savior and how the book points out that Santa doesn't have to replace a believe and focus on Jesus Christ, but how he can add to the beautiful Christ-Centered message of the season.
Dec 11, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Another book to add to our Christmas book list! A simple story of Santa and how he symbolizes Jesus. Very well done and perfect for children of all ages
Kimball
Ashley has a tradition of reading select books for Christmas Eve to her sisters. This year I listened to her read them aloud. This is a good little Church book that compares Santa with Jesus.
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
Dec 05, 2009 Holly (2 Kids and Tired) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
I love this gem of a book. It's very short and very simple, but it draws a beautiful parallel between Santa Claus and Jesus Christ. With beautiful illustrations and explanations of the symbols of Christmas, this is a wonderful addition to any collection of Christmas books. Fun for children to look at and easy for them to read. Santa Claus is a wonderful symbol of Christmas and I, for one, believe in Santa Claus.
Missy
Dec 04, 2010 Missy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: little-guy-books
This book compares Santa to Jesus Christ and lets children know it's okay to believe in a symbol who is intended to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas.

We let our kids enjoy the excitement of Santa Claus without focusing on him a great deal. In our family he only brings one or two special gifts (unwrapped on the couch) for the kids and they know that Mom and Dad give them the gifts under the tree.
Kara
Dec 12, 2011 Kara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books, favorites
I found this 3 years ago at Deseret Book and it has become one of my favorite Christmas books ever. It is a wonderful way to connect Santa Claus and Jesus Christ. It puts into words my long-held belief that Santa and our Savior go hand in hand not in conflict to each other. Definitely a must-read for every family!
Marek
Dec 17, 2012 Marek rated it really liked it
This is short, simple, and to the point, but a wonderful reminder of why Santa Claus (in my opinion, anyway) shouldn't be so demonized in Christian households. He is the spirit of Christmas after all, and a symbol for the greater good. This is perfect for children of all ages and I look forward to sharing this with my 4 year old this Christmas season.
Adison
Feb 15, 2013 Adison rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book in simple words with detailed pictures capturing the spirit of Christmas. I love the connection it makes between Santa Claus and Christ. It puts the true meaning of Christmas into modern Christmas by explaining how all our current traditions are symbols of the birth of our Savior. It is certainly a book children will love.
Beth Ann
Dec 21, 2007 Beth Ann rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: parents, Christians, Mormons, families
While the pictures are good, I think they could be better. However, the CONTENT of the beautiful book so perfectly brings back the true reason for the season while not losing the magic of Santa for kids, it is one of my FAVORITES and I plan to read it to my kids if I ever have any. Till then I will keep reading it to myself... because *I* believe in Santa, too!
K.Q. Webster
Sep 16, 2011 K.Q. Webster rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It is always cool to know why one object symbolizes another and that is what this book is all about. Christmas can get very worldly so it's nice to have a refresher of what it is really about.
Marianne
Nov 30, 2009 Marianne rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It is one of my favorite Christmas books. It reminds you to see in the true meaning of Christmas within all the symbols that surround us during the holidays. It's perfect for teaching kids about the symbols.
Kim
Nov 02, 2008 Kim rated it it was amazing
A short, beautifully illustrated picture book. It does a beautiful job connecting the symbol of Santa Claus to the Savior. Now when we think of Santa, we will be reminded of the Savior.
I cry every time I read it.
Christina
Dec 16, 2008 Christina rated it it was amazing
This book reflects my belief about Santa and shows how he is a symbol of Christmas, reflecting the Spirit of Christ. I feel in many ways, it explains how my understanding of Santa and his role of giving reflect the life Christ led.
Alissa
Dec 28, 2010 Alissa rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I loved that there is a book that can tie Jesus and Santa together. I have had a hard time accepting the whole Santa thing and knowing how to tell my kids about it, but this book was great for showing the comparisons and the reason for Santa.
Alice
Dec 03, 2013 Alice rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This is one of the few Christmas books I can read without getting too much Santamas...when it is CHRISTmas! I like the parallel between the two!

description
Whitney
Dec 22, 2008 Whitney rated it it was amazing
A great book that draws parallels between Santa and the Savior. For adults who adamantly believe in Santa Claus and the symbolism behind him, and also for helping children connect Santa with the real meaning of Christmas.
Mindee
Sep 06, 2012 Mindee rated it really liked it
This book parallels Santa Claus and Jesus Chrst through the symbols of Christmas. It is very few words a page and the message is quite clear. It would be a good book to read to your children to help keep the holiday in perspective.
Melissa
Mar 08, 2009 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful book reflecting on the symbols of christmas and helping to explain to children (and adults alike) how Santa can help us remember Christ our Savior and the true meaning of Christmas.
Alex
Nov 07, 2011 Alex rated it it was amazing
The symbols of Christmas can remind us of Christ... if we choose to see them.
He wears red.
His hair is white.
He comes in the night.
He loves little children.
He knows we are good.
He brings gifts.
Chrystal
Dec 11, 2009 Chrystal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Nice little sentiment and pretty art.
Shayna
Dec 30, 2010 Shayna rated it it was amazing
This is our most favorite Christmas book!
Janeal
Jan 05, 2013 Janeal rated it it was amazing
Absolutely one of my favorites!
Katie Lorsch
Nov 30, 2015 Katie Lorsch rated it really liked it
Shelves: tommy
It was really surprising to me that Santa is a symbol of Jesus. I read it in like, one minute and 10 seconds. I read it three times in one day.
Christene
Dec 11, 2008 Christene rated it it was amazing
I have big love for Santa and love how this book correlates the similar attributes between Santa and the Savior. It's a great book for helping kids understand the true meaning of Christmas.
Mike
Nov 30, 2012 Mike rated it it was amazing
No explanation necessary. A classic.
Shimmywith4
Jan 04, 2012 Shimmywith4 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
This book draws such beautiful parallels. Perfectly tells who Santa is trying to emulate.
  • A Christmas Dress for Ellen
  • Christmas Day in the Morning
  • Christmas Oranges
  • The Christmas Candle
  • Shepherds, Why This Jubilee?
  • Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect