Start by marking “Love and a Promise” as Want to Read:
Love and a Promise

Love and a Promise

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  186 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Maddy Kiernan knows her situation is desperate. With her parents dead, her brother Thomas is left as guardian to Maddy and her sister Carmel. But Thomas has plans that don't include his sisters and his reckless ambition could put all their futures at risk. Sharp-witted and strong-willed, Maddy knows she must assume responsibility for the fragile young Carmel.

When Thomas de
Paperback
Published September 2nd 2002 by Headline (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Love and a Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and a Promise

Brenda Anderson
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this book a slow starter,took a long while to get into this book a four star rating for me.
Naomi
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I loved the storyline and every chapter kept my attention. Maddy Kiernan, the main character, is an absolutely positive character. She is loyal, honest, devoted and persistive.I liked that in every chapter happens something interesting and you can't put the book down. I felt pity for Maddy's sister, Carmel. She was a lovely character. The end of the book shocked me a little bit but at least it ended with a sort of a happy end. I appreciate the perseverence of the two girls bec ...more
Emma J
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just finished yet another brilliant Lyn Andrews story, this time set around a backdrop of the Irish potato famine of the 1840's, as always with her books poverty, love, and family are recurring themes.
An excellent story with all the usual Lyn Andrews magic that makes you feel that you're actually living there with the characters!
Nicky
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I used to read books like this all the time - to the point that I got bored with the same story lines but I enjoyed this one, probably because it's been around 10 years since I picked up a Lyn Andrews book, which are always good. Worth a read if you like historic/family/Liverpool based sagas.
Carolanne
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Caroline
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family-saga
All the Lyn Andrews books I've read I've enjoyed.
Shelley Connor
May 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I always love Lyn Andrews books. Same format every time, but I just love a good family saga.
Sadaf
Sep 16, 2015 added it
I simply loved reading this novel! (y)
Neelima
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
it was a light read. interesting and simple.
Juliana Graham
Jul 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Quite good - a surprising ending and entertaining story. A nice easy read.
Shirley
Sep 26, 2014
Aishwariya Ramachandran
Dec 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Lyn Andrews is one of the the UK's top one hundred paper-back bestsellers. Born and brought up in Liverpool, she is the daughter of a policeman who also married a policeman. After becoming the mother of triplets, she took some time off from her writing whilst she raised her children. Shortlisted for the romantic Novelists' Association Award in 1993, she has now written twenty-one hugely successful ...more