Start by marking “Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys, #1-66)” as Want to Read:
Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys, #1-66)

Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66

(The Hardy Boys #1-66)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  4,313 Ratings  ·  176 Reviews
The Penguin Hardy Boys Complete Set: Available for the first time in one complete collection only at Amazon.com. The Hardy Boys have been America's favorite detective duo for over 75 years. Now, for the first time, you can purchase all sixty-six classic Hardy Boys titles in one complete set!
#1: The Tower Treasure
#2: The House on the Cliff
#3: The Secret of the Old Mill
Published October 20th 2006 by Grosset & Dunlap

Tim Kruse
Sep 20, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Any guy 8 to 12 years old
Throw two over-achieving high school guys, a convertible, hot girlfriends, great buddies, and a dad who's an FBI agent in with some mysteries far beyond the scope of most professionals... what more could a young guy want? These books rock, although quite unrealistic and I think about anybody could come up with a story line...

Something mysterious happens to Frank and Joe or someone they know...

They investigate...

They get caught...

They escape...

They go do something cool, like fly an airplane...

The
Rasheed
Jun 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Read and loved most of them!
Jeff
Dec 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Mystery
Great series
Laurie Carlson
I was at a Facebook party today and we were asked what our favorite childhood books were. Someone mentioned these and these were at the TOP of my childhood list! I HAD to write a review.
I LOVE these books! I think they are great for EVERY kid out there! There is nothing in these books that should prevent any child/young teen from reading them. There is no sexual content and no bad language. They are a great adventure to go on with the characters as the Hardy boy brothers solve mysteries as they
Jeffery Lee Radatz
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I used to loooove reading these stories. I still think of them every now and then.
Daniel
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was the first "series" of books that I was exposed to as a kid. Discovered the Hardy Boys in 1972 and spent that whole summer consuming them daily. I spent more time in trouble that summer because chores went undone because of these books. They also kept me in ice cream! A free cone for every ten books read. I read other books that summer (Lassie, Come Home being the largest I'd read up to that time in my life), but these were pretty much my constant companion.

As I found more and more titl
Nik Jütte
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been a Hardy Boys fan for a pretty long time. When I first started I think I was only 10 or 11, but years later I'm still hooked on them and re-reading them. I'm actually starting my own collection, actually, of the paperbacks because my mum has the hardbacks (this set). I'm so glad that they still make these books, even now, but I'm a little nervous about when I finish the ATAC series because I've heard that in the latest series they're banned from solving mysteries. I'm not sure how that ...more
Joshua Downer
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just want to read hardy boy books ......... please!
Chris Presta-Valachovic
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, 1950s
Okay, these things aren't great literature. There's too many errors in all of the books -- science errors, nature errors, geographical errors, legal errors, first-aid-errors, just-plain-stupid stuff, racism, horrible portrayals of folks who aren't white-American...the list goes on & on. On top of that, these things are BORING. Adults might remember these with fondness, but reading them now is just painful.

The original versions of the books -- while racist & dated -- at least were interes
Jao Romero
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I grew up on these books. My mom sent me the entire set and I read one book each night. Two on weekends.
They're not incredibly deep and as far as great literature goes, there are far better choices. But these books are great material to start your kids reading. Granted, I was already a reader before I started this series, but nonetheless, Frank and Joe will convince your little boys that reading could be fun, if they can just set aside a few hours every night.
Knut
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this series when in elementary school, until I realized that I had basically read the same story over and over. I came nearly half-through the series before realizing this, and so became more picky on the remaining books, and did not bother to read them all. Anyway, I think this series serves an educational purpose for that very reason. The plot line and structure is so consistent that even school children can discover the story structure, which is a very healthy lesson.
Raleigh
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved these books! They are great mysteries for girls and boys alike. I started reading them in fourth grade, and still will occasionally read one every once in a while. I still enjoy them! I own the first 2o or so, they were passed down to my by my dad, who got them from his father (my grandfather). They are very old! Personally, I prefer the originals, not the newest books. I recommend the originals over the newer books.
Ruchi Bhatia
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great books I read while growing up, and a must for all young adults.
Scott Drake
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
good. they're all good. great for early teens reading ability. I would read every one twice in the summers.
Jessica Harn
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite detective duos. Discovered these as a kid and love them even more today
Tope Laryea
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I want to read it
Julia
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Placeholder for this series--I read almost all of these, the Case Files, and the Nancy Drew crossovers in elementary school. I loved them then, not planning on rereading again though.
Stephen M. Theriault
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read as an elementary school student and thoroughly enjoyed.
Aarefel Essidel
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
thought they were a great series, have them all including the detective handbook.
first books that really got me hooked on reading in grade school.
Ashley (JaffaCaffa)
The Hardy Boys was my favourite series (besides Harry Potter) when I was in elementary school. Now that I think about it, these books were what got me into mystery books in general. Nearly all the books I read had some sort of mystery aspect to them, and even if they didn't I would inspect the book to figure out the ending as early as possibly. I even spent most of my free time solving puzzles when I wasn't reading. I sort of became obsessed with being the best puzzle solver amongst my friends, ...more
Tanner
Dec 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
I actually read 1-60, but never finished the last 6. Dixon's writing is repetitive from book to book; it seems like each one follows the same writing structure. In comparison to modern novels, well, you can't compare the two. These books are from the 60s and are written simply and to the point. No gritty drama, violence, language or shocking plot twists; just two boys and their friends trying to solve some mysteries.

Not to discount the books too much, I have to say that I was absolutely enthrall
Ethan
Jan 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Loved the Hardy boys growing up!!! Still like to pick one up now and then, but the plots have gotten a little stale...

Example 1:
Pretty much in every book Frank and Joe (and/or Chet or Tony) have a new hobby that just happens to provide the means to crack the case

Example 2: At the end of each book the bad guys revealed everything, who did what and how they pulled off the crime. Sometimes the hardy boys are the prisoners and the bad guys are bragging, and sometimes the bad guys are prisoners and
James
Jul 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kids!
I can't tell you how much I loved the Hardy Boys books when I was younger. I read every one the Lawrence Library in Pepperell, MA had to offer. And that was not just a few. Frank and Joe Hardy, Chet Morton, Biff Hooper, Tony Prieto and the gang were some of my best friends along the way. I always wanted to live a life with as much adventure as the Hardy Boys. I just didn't know where to start. I guess I even secretly wished some bad guys would want to get into a fist fight with me or kidnap me s ...more
Mahita
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Oh.. this series by Franklyn W. Dixon, many a time, left me wishing I had the entire series with me. Unfortunately, they were a hard find and every new mystery book I found thrilled me to the core. I wish they could republish this entire series along with the Clue brother series. Well, a girl got to wish for something :)

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy reading these little mysteries. Surprisingly, even after I read a lot of grown-up mystery thrillers, my fondness for these kid-adventures never stopped
Mad Dog
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have all of these books. I read them in elementary school. A few of the later ones came out while I was in jr high and I read them then. Man, I have great memories of reading these books. I have dabbled in collecting these, so I own multiple editions of some of these books. Some of these books were first written in the 30s (or thereabouts), and then rewritten in the 60s (or thereabouts). I read many of these books to my kids as bedtime stories when they were young. More good memories.
William Burruss
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Children
Shelves: children
One day my son asked me to read him the Hardy Boys. When I picked it up I had no idea that I would be reading the complete series to him. Not only will I cherish this time I spent with him, I am glad that he is now an avid reader.

Books are created for different reasons. I read several of this series as a child and found the writing to be monotonous. Reading to him brought a different enjoyment, excitement, and communication. My advice to other fathers is to do it for all its worth.
Theo kids
May 03, 2012 rated it liked it
The mystery solving brothers are honorable, clever, and respectful to adults. A mother's dream series! Interesting stories neatly solved by the Boys still allow the reader enough imagination to conjecture who-dun-it along with them. Since the boys are older (high school), but written for younger readers, they will either serve as role-model characters, or your readers will lose interest. So far, Troy is interested and impressed!
M. Thomas Apple
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read all of these hardcovers a long time ago, well before they were a "set" on Amazon. I'm just too lazy to go listing all 66 of them separately :p I don't remember how many of the "new" paperback series I got, either, but I didn't like them as much for some reason. Maybe just because they were paperback and not HC. These are the books that made me try my hand at writing "mystery" stories when I was in later elementary and jr high.
Kevin
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I own and have read at least twice all 66 of these books. I started reading them in grade school and have been a fan of the Hardy Boys ever since. I remember enjoying reading them the first time, and I still sometimes feel the urge to read them again now and then. Even years later, I still enjoy reading these books. They will always hold a special place in my heart as they were the books that made me love to read.
Jessica
Sep 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I began reading The Hardy Boys series when I was about 8 years old. I couldn't get enough of the stories and enjoyed a book a day during Summer vacation. This series is truly a wholesome and creative book that will provide any child with the curiousity and desire to read more books. One of the best series for young readers.
  • Nancy Drew: #1-64
  • The Boxcar Children 5-8 (The Boxcar Children, #5-8)
  • Encyclopedia Brown: Boy Detective (Books 1-4)
  • The Famous Five [4 Adventures]
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #2: Identity Theft
  • The Mystery of the Sinister Scarecrow (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #29)
  • The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #10)
  • Derwood, Inc
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.

The Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 190 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (The Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (The Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)
“The sooner, the better!” 13 likes