Start by marking “Firebrand's Woman” as Want to Read:
Firebrand's Woman

Firebrand's Woman

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Cruelly banished from her tribe, the beautiful half-breed Gyva lived as an exile in the alien world of white men. But she would return in unrivaled glory to lead her people on a mighty exodus...to know the heartbreak of The Trail of Tears...to find a rapturous love many dream of, but few will ever know...

As floods of hungry settlers swept over the wilderness, Firebrand, th
Published December 28th 1980 by Dell (first published December 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Firebrand's Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firebrand's Woman

Tammy
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This was an amazing story. I couldn't put the book down and I didn't want it to end.

It starts out with Four Bears an Indian Chief and his braves go to raid a camp to get his baby granddaughter back from the white men. Andrew Jackson had killed both Four Bears son and his white wife, so Four Bears was out for revenge as well. When Four Bears has Andrew Jackson where he wants him ready for the kill, Andrew explains to him why he had to kill the baby's mom. When the white men raided there camp many
Lori
Apr 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was one of the few " adult romance novels" that I read in my late teens. Looking back, there are a few cheesy love scenes, but other than that, this was very well written and had a fantastic plot weaved into historical happenings. This book was also like 500+ pages.
Dawn Gehler
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg it was not a disappointment to read that's for sure. I really enjoyed this book. Torch and Gyva really belong with each other. I was in wow in what all Gyva went through in her life. I laughed and I cried with her when the Choctaw tribe burned down Harrisville, I bawled for her she lost so much that night. It is definitely worth the read.
Diane Madison
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! This is the fourth time I have read it and I will probably read it again. It is the true story of a half-Chickasaw and half-white woman during the time of Andrew Jackson. Great plot and good telling of history.
Jan 11, 2018
Penny
Apr 18, 2013
Neeradhi
rated it did not like it
Aug 28, 2016
Tracy
Oct 24, 2015
Mermarie
Oct 20, 2016
Pseudonym of Michael T. Hinkemeyer.

Born in Central Minnesota in 1940, Mike lived there until earning a B.A. at local St. John’s University in 1962. Two years in the military followed, where he served as a U.S. Army officer in Europe. Then came Northwestern University, where he earned a Masters degree in 1966 and a Ph.D. in 1971. He left academics in 1976 and turned to full-time writing. He has pub