Jump to ratings and reviews

The Key to Excellence

48 books31 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 reviews
Profile Image for Karl.
Author 2 books13 followers
April 22, 2015
Although I wasn’t a really big fan of Charlie “Tremendous” Jones’s other book, “Life is Tremendous”, I decided to give this book, “The Key to Excellence” a try. Honestly, I added it to my order because I needed the extra few dollars get over the $25 mark for the free shipping. I must say though that this small book, and I would hardly call it a book because of its small size (it’s actually more like a large pamphlet), was an enjoyable read.

Charlie Jones must have been a real character in person because, even in print, the reader quickly discovers that Mr. Jones incorporates a good sense of humour into his material. To my amusement, I read, “You understand language and you’re going to understand politics. ‘Poly’ means ‘many’ and ‘tics’ means ‘bloodsuckers.’” Who doesn’t like to poke fun at a politician once-in-awhile?

In addition to the humour, Charlie Jones also does provide some valuable information in a little package – information that can certainly benefit those who read it AND those with whom they are in a relationship with. As an example, Charlie Jones discusses a contract he made with his children to get them to read more. For every book they read and provided a book report for he would put money aside. As he said to his son, “Read a book and give me a book report and I will put $10 in a car fund for you. Give me another book report, $10 in the car fund. So, in two years, if you read in style, you’ll drive in style. But, if you read like a bum you’re going to drive like a bum.” Charlie even went so far as to draw up a contract, which he provides for the reader at the back of the book, because he is a firm believer in the power that books have to transform our lives.

Practical information like the reading contract, the general advice on improving the quality of one’s life and the humour in which it is presented made the money spent on this book worth the price I paid for it ($2.96). 3 1/2 stars
Profile Image for Jared.
37 reviews14 followers
July 19, 2020
Charlie is awesome!
God rest his soul he was truly a unique man with an awesome sense of humor wrapped around timeless truths.

The reading contract in the back I’ll be using for my daughter for sure!

Video review on Instagram

November 12, 2019
I mostly enjoy Charlie tremendous Jones because of his humor being so unique. He was our speaker at our annual men's retreat years ago for a couple of years. I don't know if I've ever heard anyone else quite like "Charlie".
Profile Image for Nicky Billou.
Author 10 books8 followers
August 10, 2019
Charlie Tremendous Jones is amazing! What a great message. I highly recommend this book.
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.