Start by marking “Bad Boys of Summer” as Want to Read:
Bad Boys of Summer

Bad Boys of Summer

(Bowling Friends #4)

'Bad Boys of Summer' is an anthology of three tales by some of today's leading romance authors. ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Brava (first published May 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boys of Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boys of Summer

Start your review of Bad Boys of Summer
Patty
May 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, library
Review is only for Luscious by Lori Foster.
Quinn's Book Nook
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-romance
Review only for "Luscious" by Lori Foster. Super cute novella. ...more
Michelle
Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy are always solid go-to authors for me, but Amy Garvey was a "new to me" author. I was surprised that I ended up liking her story the best! I thought "Luscious" by Lori Foster was cheesy and lacked substance. A hero named Lucious, nicknamed Luscious by his female tenants? Ugh. "It's About Time" by Erin McCarthy was marginally better. I normally don't like heroines like Trish - smooth, polished, brash, ballsy, almost snobby. I loved how she immediately fell for Caleb, ...more
Kerry
Aug 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
The first story by Lori Foster was okay. I would give it 3 stars.

The second book by Erin McCarthy was great! I keep asking myself why I haven't hunted down every book she has written because so far, the books that I have read by her are awesome! Especially for a short story, she managed to get it all in...the meeting, the attraction, the flirting and then, of course, the hot sex. Throw in some humor and it's a perfect story! Five plus stars!!

The last story by Amy Garvey was okay. It wasn't reall
Michelle the Romance Witch
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: print-inventory
Lucius: 3.5 stars was definitely luscious! Great short story with a obvious chance for a continuation. Can’t wait to read Marci’s story sometime too.

It's About Time: 4 stars...hot, funny, & sexy all rolled into one short but awesome story"

Wish You Were Here: 3.5 stars… sexy, sweet, and a fun little secret coming out in the end leads to a great short story. Never read this author before but definitely worth checking out for the future.
Ashley F
The second story was the best. Over the course of two of these types, I've realized I don't particularly like Lori Foster. Erin McCarthy's was the best of the three since it was painful getting through the third one. ...more
Maura
Ruth
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
The first story, "Lucious" by Lori Foster, was kind of uninspired, but I finally DNFed it when she described the hero kissing the heroine as "raping her mouth." Just no. NO NO NO. Nooooooooooooo.

The second story, "It's about Time" by Erin McCarthy was cute and adorable and I will probably seek out more from this author. They actually used their words and didn't let their misunderstanding fester and lots of cute and adorable banter.

The third and final story, "Wish You Were Here" by Amy Garvey was
☂

Luscious by Lori Foster
❤❤❤ ½

While vigilantly positioned outside the home of Mary Seeder, whose son is holding her hostage for tossing out his cigarettes, SWAT member Lucius Ryder notices an emaciated dog off to the side. He tries to shoo the dog away but after making eye contact with the pup he notices that the stray is oddly perceptive and has taken an interest in the dangerous scene unfolding on the front porch. When Steve Seeder notices the dog he laughs at the joke of a police dog and atte
UnrulyReader
This review is for Lori Foster's Luscious;

Cute, fun, sexy and enough drama to round it all out. Quick read, with a nice into, and HEA.

Reviewed by GypsyBelle
* I own a paperback of this book*
Ashley H.
Lori Foster is amazing, as always, but the other two stories were just okay.
Lisa L
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this way before goodreads was a thing. But Luscious is my fav book in the series. Might just reread all the bad boys of summer
Linda Baron
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
cute love stories
Kathy
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Skye
This collection is filled with three very fun and cute contemporary romance stories. They took me on a great summer journey that left me smiling and believing in true love. It was a wonderful way to spend a few afternoons, filling my time with novellas of cuteness and romance.

I could most definitely imagine reading this collection on the beach somewhere. Enjoying the romances and the adventures of the characters. Sadly, I didn’t get the privilege of reading this on the beach. But everytime I tur
Virginia
Luscious - Lori Foster (3 stars)

SWAT cop Lucius Ryder (nicknamed Luscious by the women living in the apartment building he owns) has been attracted to his tenant Marci Churchill's twin sister Bethany from day one. The women might be identical, but it's Bethany's attitude and sense of humor that draw Lucius. That and the fact that, unlike most women, she doesn't fawn all over him. Meanwhile, Bethany just broke up with yet another man who was dating her to get to her sister. She has always tried t
Kathy Davie
Oct 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, romance
An anthology of three short stories with the focus on the bad boys. Boys who take and don't wait to be asked…

Series:
"It's About Time" (Bowling Friends, 4)

The Stories
Lori Foster's "Luscious" is all about the Luscious Lucius. A hunky SWAT team member who parlayed an inheritance into an apartment building he rents to women out of luck. One of his tenants has a particularly luscious twin sister he is just dying to know better.

Erin McCarthy's "It's About Time" is just that. About time for Caleb Vanco
Michelle Tempted By Books
Luscious by Lori Foster-
I read another story that matched this one previously so I was familiar with some of the characters. Lucius is a SWAT cop who owns an apartment building he rents to women that he saved basically. He has a crush on one of his tenants twin sister so when he finds her crashing on the sister's couch he takes advantage of the situation. This story was sweet and pretty sexy. I would have liked if it was a bit longer but it was good nonetheless.

It's About Time by Erin McCarthy
Cindy
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Contemporary romance stories. At least they got it right this time & only have 3 authors. So, I'm going on vacation & decide I need to review my Bad Boy books. So, I take them all along for the ride :)

Lori Foster - 4 stars. Protected sex. Now, this the LF I know & love!!Lucius (AKA Luscious) is a handsome, hot swat cop. Bethany is a school receptionist who has had to move due to a stalker bothering her. She moves in with her twin sister who is a pet psychic (I reviewed her story in a Christmas
Stefanie
Apr 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Stefanie by: I read all books by Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy
The stories were so-so. I always prefer full novels over these short stories. There's just not a lot of time to get to know and love the characters and the romance is always hurried.

Luscious by Lori Foster (2 stars)
It's about a man named Lucious (his women tenants call him Luscious). He's a hunky SWAT guy and he takes in a stray dog after the dog saves the day in a hostage situation. He owns an apartment building and one of this tenants is a woman who has an identical twin sister named Bethany w
L
May 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed all three short stories, probably the first and last the best. Hunky guys, quick read.

Luscious - Lori Foster
I liked him, hot SWAT guy who adopts a mangy mutt, Hero - combo that will almost always work for me! Bethany was a bit annoying but together they were fun. Little bit of danger and action and overall good short story.

It's about Time - Erin McCarthy
He was hot and huge and sexy, she was assertive and a bit over the top. It was a one night stand - very hot - but that was all...
Sara
Jun 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
while all three stories just ended basically in the middle of nowhere, they were still enjoyable.
Foster's story about a SWAT officer who has to face a personal hostage situation, McCarthy's story about the one-night-stand that is so much more than just that, and Garvey's story about a former musician that had me listening twice to music all day and wondering what happened to them in the last couple of years.
Interesting, if somewhat blunt and short, stories by some good story-tellers.
Maybe the
Just - The romance reader
Yum! Another tasty combo of bad boy inspired novellas. Lori Foster seriously never disappoints me with her stories and neither does Erin McCarthy for that matter. I recently read A Very Merry Christmas, another anthology featuring a Lori Foster novella, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Luscious (the BBofS novella) contains some of the same characters from Do You Hear What I Hear (the A Very Merry Christmas novella).

Bad Boys of Summer is steamy, and at times down right sizzling. P
Angel
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Luscious 4 Stars
I have only read a few short stories by Lori Foster and while this one wasn't my favorite, it was still really good. How could it not be with a "luscious" SWAT officer to read about?

It's About Time 3 Stars
This story was also not as good as some other short stories I've read by this author. I did like it though. Maybe I just need a break from these anthology books, this is my second one in a row.

Wish You Were Here 5 Stars
I have never read anything by Amy Garvey but this story was
Angie
Feb 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Picked this up for something light to read. I really like Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy. I had never read anything by Amy Garvey and I was glad I picked this up. I always like to find new authors to read. All three were hunks and pretty ladies with something stopping them from taking the first step. Then they do and it is fireworks! As I said earlier, I needed something light and fun and these three novellas accomplished that. Of course, the only down side is they are too short. :)
Darcy
May 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, 2011
This book is filled with light, fun and easy stories filled with women ending up with a guy they don't normally.

The first one had a guy named Lucius, who the apartment building full of women have named Luscious, which had me laughing, but what was even more funny was that they called him this to his face.

If you are looking for a "beach" read this would be the book to pick up.
Helen Vilaranda
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book-Luscious by Lori Foster 5*. This author has never disappointed me! Second book-It's About Time by Erin McCarthy 5*. Need more stories by her! Third book-Wish You Were Here by Amy Garvey 5*. Need more stories by her! ...more
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed these three steamy stories. 1) Jobless Bethany is staying with her sister and meets neighbor Lucius, a SWAT officer. 2) Prosecutor Trish meets brawny Caleb whose ex-wife is getting married tomorrow. 3) Photographer Mackenzie hires carpenter Leo to renovate her shed.
Season
Jul 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Liked each story for different reasons. Thought Lori Fosters might have been the best of the three though. Like to read this kinds of books....love how quickly they get the point....don't drag out everything. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Lori Foster, Erin McCarthy & Amy Garvey's Bad Boys Of Summer Are Back! 1 6 Aug 02, 2011 10:41AM

• The Troublemaker Next Door (The McCauley Brothers, #1)
  • All For You: Halfway There / Buckhorn Ever After / The One You Want / One Perfect Night
  • Just One of the Guys
  • Crazy For You
  • Trusting Taylor (Silverstone #2)
  • Rachel's Totem (Cougar Falls, #1)
  • Belong To The Night (The Long Island Coven #2)
  • Witchful Thinking (The Happily Everlasting Series, #4)
  • Once Hunted, Twice Shy (The Happily Everlasting Series, #2)
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
  • A Game of Chance (Mackenzie Family, #4)
  • Ten Rules for Faking It
  • Claim My Baby (Crescent Cove, #2)
  • Unwrapped (Hot Scot Trilogy #2.5)
  • Unfinished Business (Madaris Family Saga #13)
  • Frost Line
  • The Best Mistake
  • Taste of Passion (Madaris Family Saga #15)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds from t

Bowling Friends (4 books)
  • Bad Boys Online
  • Total Package
  • When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys (Includes: Dean Brothers & Friend, #3)