Start by marking “Summer Boys (Summer Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Summer Boys (Summer Boys, #1)

Summer Boys (Summer Boys #1)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  6,280 Ratings  ·  267 Reviews
From the creators of GOSSIP GIRL comes a fresh, edgy take on teenage romance. Three interconnected stories explore the different stages of love over the course of one summer on the seashore.

It's summer. It's hot. And it's time to hook up.

Cousins Ella, Beth, and Jamie are at their family's beach house, and they're gearing up for the wildest time of their lives. Sassy Ella i
Published June 1st 2004 by Scholastic Paperbacks

Alaina Meserole
Summer Boys,/I> is from three different point of views: Ella, Beth, and Jamie. They have one thing in common: boy drama.

Ella is considered the beautiful one who can most likely get any guy she wants. Beth is the one that cares more about sports than the way people look at her. Then there's Jamie who wants a summer love and thought she found the one. Oh, and they are all cousins.

This book kind of made me love and hate it at the same time. I just felt like Jamie was kind of whiny because her bo
Apr 12, 2011 rated it liked it
A few years ago, before I had discovered the joys of internet shopping and book availability really depended on what I could find in - usually department - stores, I really wanted to read this. I never got around to buying it though, because I thought it would be too trashy for my tastes. Now, with the wonderful evolution of ebooks, I picked it up pretty cheaply and gave it a go. So what was the verdict?
Well, it was trashy, but not in a hide-this-somewhere-where-it-won't-embarrass-you-if-someone
Sierra Doehring
Mar 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teenage girls
Recommended to Sierra by: christina D.
"Summer Boys" by Hailey Abbott was a "must read" according to my friend Christina. I went with her opinion and picked it up and befor I knew it I couldn't put it down. Three cousins: Ella (the beautiful one that gets any guy she wants), Beth (the one that cares more about sports then the way people see her), and Jamie (the one that wants to look for a summer love, but the one she falls for was right in front of her face for the past cupple of years). They spend every summer together at Pebble Be ...more
Katherine
Apr 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
Just, no.
Domagoja
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rachel
Jan 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is about three teenage girls and there summer at pebble beach. It's also about their relationships they get in with guys. Each chapter is about three different girls. They are all best friends. One of the the girls Ella is super pretty and all the guys like her but one. Ella like him a lot but he is dating her older sister so her chapter is about that. Beth cares about sports and how she looks. Beth has been dating this guy Ethan since last summer but it all goes wrong in the end. Jaim ...more
Josephine Troia
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alyssa
Feb 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Alyssa Morres
Romance

"Summer Boys" is a novel about best friends becoming lovers, breakups, jealousy, and anything else you can think of in a relationship. It is narrated by each girl character and talks about each of their experiences. Very well written book and it really portrays the issues in which young couples go through when dating, or even on summer relationships. Abbott really catches the true essences of teens in love and lust.
Erik Saenz
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Es un 2.5, es un libro para pasar un rato nada más. Se siente como una película juvenil y ya. Es entretenido pero no tiene algo que lo haga único o diferente. Son aventuras y desventuras amorosas, con triángulos amorosos, rompimientos,traiciones, los mejores amigos que se aman etc. o sea cosas muy cliché. No es malo pero pues no creo que siga con la saga, no me atraparon ni la historia ni los personajes.
Abby
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
My friend recommend me this book it's such a great book. They are Three cousins Ella (the beautiful one that gets any guy she wants), Jamie (the one that wants to look for a summer love, but the one she falls for was right in front of her face for the past couple of years), and Beth (the one that cares more about sports then the way people see her). They have been hanging out each summer all they wanna do is have fun and enjoy themselves but this summer is different from all summers. They meet t ...more
The best couple(; 3 18 May 21, 2012 07:46PM
SPSV Mrs. Rodgers...: Nicole Nino 3 6 Sep 14, 2011 10:08PM
  • Tan Lines: Sand, Surf, and Secrets / Rays, Romance, and Rivalry / Beaches, Boys, and Betrayal (Summer, #5-7)
  • Meet Me at the Boardwalk
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • South Beach (Alexa & Holly, #1)
  • Cruel Summer (Fast Girls, Hot Boys, #1)
  • The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1)
  • Fireworks (Four Summer Stories)
  • Sun-Kissed (The Au Pairs #3)
  • Laguna Cove
  • Sixteenth Summer (Sixteenth Summer #1)
  • Breathing
  • Endless Summer (The Boys Next Door, #1-2)
  • Honey, Baby, Sweetheart
Hailey Abbott grew up in Southern California, where she split her time between creative writing and creative beaching. She is the author of Summer Boys, Next Summer: A Summer Boys Novel, The Bridesmaid, Getting Lost with Boys, and The Secrets of Boys. Hailey now lives in New York City.

Her first book was Summer Boys, published in 2004, the first of a series. It was described as "escapist beach rea
More about Hailey Abbott...

Summer Boys (4 books)
  • Next Summer (Summer Boys, #2)
  • After Summer (Summer Boys, #3)
  • Last Summer (Summer Boys, #4)
“Jamie knew now that were certain things you had to let go. But that didn't mean they ever had to leave you.” 3 likes
“She thought about how this summer was small. On the ground, it felt huge, but really, it was just a moment in a series of moments.” 0 likes