Start by marking “You Don't Know Jack (Jack B. Smart, #1)” as Want to Read:
You Don't Know Jack (Jack B. Smart, #1)

You Don't Know Jack (Jack B. Smart, #1)

Humorous book #1 of Jack B Smart mystery series

Aspiring writer, JACQUELINE BOUVIÉR SMART has sworn off men and murder, but sexy guys and killers won't leave her be. Then a ghost decides to help her solve his murder, along with 3 hilarious, gun toting senior citizens.
Published May 24th 2012 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about You Don't Know Jack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Don't Know Jack

Laurie Ryan
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I just finished You Don’t Know Jack and loved Ms. Lee’s new mystery. She had me guessing, and laughing, throughout the story.

I love a heroine who is willing to laugh at herself. Jack B. Smart is self-deprecating, tenacious, and funny. In fact, the entire story was funny (and delightfully irreverent).

And Stone...well, talk about your strong, silent types. **fans self**

Ms. Lee created an entire book of diverse and interesting characters. Add in a mystery I couldn’t quite figure out until it was re
Dolores Ayotte
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
"You Don't Know Jack" by talented Author Adrianne Lee is what I would classify as an easy and fun read. Ms. Lee pretty well covers all the bases with this well-written fictional novel. She embraces murder, mystery, intrigue, romance, sexual desire, humor, and a delightful story to boot in order to add to the reading pleasure of those who enjoy this genre.

Jack B. Smart is the main character in this 'whodunit' novel. This aspiring author who supports herself by engaging in a variety of jobs, is an
Bonnie
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery & romance readers
This first person mystery was wonderful with great characters (I have a fondness for Lars - a talking DEAD ex) and a wonderful hero and maybe hero...and best friend...and wacky old ladies. Never mind the mystery: the characters themselves make me want to hang out at the beauty salon.

Adrianne Lee's got a winner here and I'm waiting for more in this series!

I took far too long to read this because I was waylaid by family obligations. But when I next picked it up...I flew through the pages.

Thoroughl
Jami
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, mystery
This is one of the best mysteries I've read in a very long while. I loved Jack, and I hope Ms. Lee writes several more books in this series.
Anne-Kathrine
Fun read mix of humor, ghost, and mob uncle to make things interesting.
Maryruth Drescher
Great read

This was smart, funny with a few sadness all wrapped together. Boy was I surprised by the ending, which doesn't happen often.
Thanks for a great read.
charmaine White
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Hold on to your seat belt,this one had me laughing until I had tears in my eyes.I never did figure out who was the guilty party.But who cares,I had a great time.
Marilyn
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

this young woman who wants to have the books she has written but is having found any company willing to do so.
Donna
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a fun mystery with romantic elements. This story will keep you guessing. These fun characters will keep you turning pages trying to keep up with their funny attempts to solve a couple of murders, the identity of an author, and finding out if the night club owner’s husband is cheating on her. Also there is a sexy cop, crazy old ladies, a gay BFF and the ghost of an ex-husband. This is a total romp and I look forward to the next installment.
Linda Carroll-Bradd
The pace is fast and the twists are many in this enjoyable read. Toss in a couple of sexy brothers, a supportive and nosey family and eccentric friends, and aspiring mystery author Jack B. has her hands full in figuring out who murdered her not-so-nice ex-husband. The writing style is fresh and funny, and the protagonist had a sympathetic personality. A good line edit like the main character yearned for would have ridded the manuscript of multiple instances of wrong word usage and typos.
Donna
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emmabain
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The heroine is smart, male-addicted, and hilarious. Having many single friends, I found her thinking believable. The mystery was complex, edgy, and twisty. With a swarmy bunch of side characters, I liked her BFF and the older gals were a hoot. Not to mention the ghost. If you like Janet Evanovich's Stephany Plum books, then I highly recommend YOU DON'T KNOW JACK.
Cynthia Cirrincione

FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adrian...

Blog www.adriannelee.wordpress.com

Amazon www.amazon.com/author/adriannelee

Twitter https://twitter.com/akaAdrianneLee

NEW RELEASE!! The Skinny On Jack book #2 in the humorous Jack B Smart cozy mystery series.
Jacqueline Bouviér Smart, aka Jack B to friends and family, is an aspiring my
“When you're writing a whodunit, the dead body is the most important character. It's the pivot point around which the plot spins.” 0 likes