Start by marking “Tintin and the Lake of Sharks” as Want to Read:
Tintin and the Lake of Sharks

Tintin and the Lake of Sharks

(Tintin)

Tintin and his friends are holidaying in Syldavia with Professor Calculus, who has invented an amazing new duplicating machine. But a series of strange occurrences makes Tintin suspicious. Who is the mysterious King Shark, and what does he want with Calculus' machine?
Published November 4th 2002 by Egmont Books Ltd (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Tintin and the Lake of Sharks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tintin and the Lake of Sharks

Ahmad Sharabiani
Tintin et le lac aux requins = Tintin and the Lake of Sharks (The Adventures of Tintin), Michel Regnier, Hergé
Tintin and the Lake of Sharks is a 1972 animated film based on The Adventures of Tintin, directed by Raymond Leblanc. It was not written by Hergé (who merely supervised), but by the Belgian comics creator Greg (Michel Regnier), a friend of Hergé. It was later adapted into a comic book with still images from the film used as illustrations.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: روز هفدهم ماه آگوست سال 2001 م
Gary
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Originally known as Tintin et le Lac aux Requins, based on the Tintin animated film, directed by Raymond LeBlanc (1972).
The world's biggest pearl is stolen from the Museum of Oceanography.
Meanwhile Tintin and Captain Haddock arrive at Klow airport in Syldavia , on a visit to see Professor Calculus at Villa Sprog on the mysterious Lake Pollishoff.Tintin makes friends with two Syldavian children , Niko and Nushka who rescue Tintin and the Captain from a plane crash. The Professor has invented a ma
Natalie
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - not my favorite Tintin, but still a good story. This is not an original by Herge, but I still enjoyed it.
Jason
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
The book was fun, lots of danger and explosions. In this book Tintin successfully lands a plane that was certain to crash, finds some treasure, locates the bad guys, has a few fights (wins some, loses some), gets in a situation where a bomb is gonna go off but he is trapped, he escapes of course and then nearly drowns before a finally boat chase.

All that action is fun but it has been crammed into only 44 pages and it feels rushed at times. Shame really, might have been better if more care was ta
Maria Carmo
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Not as enticing as some of the other adventures - I am not sure if this was directly done for the movies, which might explain small differences from Hergé's original books... Still, very funny and readable!

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon, 21 January 2015.
Riju Ganguly
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is there someone left who hasn’t read this book? If there are such readers, then my humble advice: PLEASE read this book, ASAP. It’s not only witty and colourful. It also provides for lots of adventure and climatic showdown with Tintin's archenemy.
Highly Recommended.
Gareth
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Was good, but not great. General feel of characters captured, but not quite the same as if Herge himself had done it I feel. Book also a bit shorter than the normal ones, so felt a bit rushed - and quite a bit captured in brief headings to explain what was going on, rather than the panels showing it. I know that this will be due to it being based off the film, and I will try and watch the film at some point, but after recently reading other Tintin comic books, just not at the same level.
محمد  جبر
لا بأس جيدة وكانت ملونة جميعها
Peter Greenwell
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
As with the remainder of the Tintin stories, I read them years ago but am now just adding them to Goodreads.

This one wasn't written by Hergé and is the book based on the film of the same name. It differs a little from the film, but in the main, this is a decent addition to the Tintin canon - at least I think so. The basic nature of the characters is still there, and it's not that much of a departure from what Hergé himself may have written.

The underlying plot doesn't hold up to as much scrutin
Roohul  Poolak
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Clearly, we are missing Hergé a great lot here! In every page of the book, I missed him. And I dunno how Tintin came to be tied in the pipe, when he was walking with Rastapopulous, I really don't! Nonetheless, despite missing Hergé, this is a decent make.
Owen Connor
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
its good
Kate
Jul 24, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-comic
Eh. It just looks wrong, so you don't want to read it. Perhaps the only Tintin I can't describe the plot of.
Asraful Shumon
May 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Don't know what happened to this book. It lacks the wonders of Tintin. I remember when I read it, I was about 18, and tried so hard to like it, but instead left panicked.
Aaron Kadkhodai
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Not Hergé most inspiring effort, it still captivated my little four-year-old. The adventure in some fictional Balkan country seemed untethered, but it’s a comic book with lots of fun, so I should get over it.
Amy Woods
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Super cute and very nostalgic. The older style of speaking/writing threw me off for a bit, but not for long. Definitely will get more if I see them, but I won’t hunt for them.
τλιϓλ
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tintin
استمتعتُ بها.. مسكين كابتن هادوك لا مفر له من بيانكا هاهاهاها
Paula Goros
No es una de las mejores aventuras de Tintín, la verdad. Es bastante sosa y con apenas misterio.
De las más simplonas que he leído de Hergé
Marcus
Nov 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Núria Sancho Subirats
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
En general, la historia es bastante sencilla, siguiendo la trama habitual de las historietas de Tintín: por casualidad (y por su natural e inagotable curiosidad) Tintín descubre un peligroso complot, lo investiga, se enfrenta a situaciones peligrosas en las que incluso arriesga la vida y, finalmente, logra desbaratar los planes del malvado con la ayuda del capitán, los torpes pero imprescindibles agentes Dupond y Dupont (lo siento, pero para mí nunca serán Hernández y Fernández), Milú y los amig ...more
Mateen Mahboubi
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Boy this this one weak. I haven't seen the movie, but if I had to guess, the dialogue was lifted directly from the film with no thought as to how it would translate to the page. Maybe that's why there is no author listed on the book. Also there is very clunky expository text at the top of most frames, most of which just describes what is being shown. While I am not the biggest fan of Hergé's storytelling and identify a lot of problematic elements in the stories, this book makes it very clear tha ...more
David Cain
Feb 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
This is not an official Tintin book, but rather a recap of an animated film from 1972. Hergé was involved in the film as a "supervisor" but did not directly write or draw the movie or book. This is shorter than other Tintin works and some of the scenes don't flow together as well as they could (since all the artwork is just animation captures). It stays reasonably true to the Tintin universe and many favorite characters make an appearance. Although not something for a newer Tintin reader, this i ...more
Leila Anani
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was made for the 1972 animated film and is not actually by Hergé himself which really shows. While the characters and dialogue are pretty much spot on this just doesn't feel quite right. The story is absolutely ludicrous and nonsensical and feels very rushed and it lacks the charm of the other TinTin classics.
Maureen
Dec 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: tin-tin
An enjoyable grab bag last lap for Tin Tin, which is marred because the story is penned as an adaptation of a film and isn't drawn by Herge. The exposition annoyed me and showed that the person creating this comic wasn't as experienced as Herge with the medium. Herge would have known how to show not tell many of the exposition boxes.
Thomas
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tintin
I only gave four stars to this story because the illustrations were not actually by Herge. The story itself was very interesting and full of intrigue and adventure another titian book I can tick of my list,
Dana Atallah
Jul 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
ok this was the first comic book i ever red and it was okay i felt it was kinda lame and i didnt really like the name i thought they were so old and wierd and classic i dun know but the story is okay .

so generally the book was good.
Senthil Kumaran
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
yet another fun book for tintin fans. introduction of nushka and niku is lovely part in this comic book. captain haddock's dialogues are funny as usual. I liked the part where he wonders why the thompsons were doing skateboarding when they were actually struck in the boat. :)
Rami Samaha
Oct 23, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a ''Not Bad'' book but I didn't like it much because it's 41 or 42 pages,not like the others cause they have 63 or 62 pages and it did not feel like real Tintin books but no prob with this bøøk
Mark
Jun 22, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: any Tintin hardcore fan
this tintin adventure was not special since it was actually developed from the cartoon series version, and not the other *traditionally* way around.
and this time the villain was again tintin's nemesis (perhaps), the one and only evil-genius rastapopoulus (did i spell his name correctly?).
Catherine
it was funny
  • Asterix in Belgium (Asterix, #24)
  • Asterix and the Secret Weapon (Asterix #29)
  • Tintin
Georges Prosper Remi (22 May 1907 – 3 March 1983), better known by the pen name Hergé, was a Belgian comics writer and artist.
His best known and most substantial work is The Adventures of Tintin comic book series, which he wrote and illustrated from 1929 until his death in 1983, leaving the twenty-fourth Tintin adventure Tintin and Alph-Art unfinished. His work remains a strong influence on comics

Tintin (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Tintin in the Land of the Soviets (Tintin #1)
  • Tintin au Congo (Tintin #2)
  • Tintin in America (Tintin #3 )
  • Cigars of the Pharaoh (Tintin, #4)
  • Le Lotus bleu (Tintin #5)
  • The Broken Ear (Tintin, #6)
  • The Black Island (Tintin, #7)
  • King Ottokar’s Sceptre (Tintin, #8)
  • The Crab with the Golden Claws (Tintin, #9)
  • The Shooting Star (Tintin, #10)