Start by marking “SecondWorld” as Want to Read:
SecondWorld

SecondWorld

(SecondWorld #1)

Lincoln Miller, an ex-Navy SEAL turned NCIS special agent, is sent to Aquarius, the world’s only sub-oceanic research facility, located off the Florida Keys, to investigate reports of ocean dumping. A week into his stay, strange red flakes descend from the surface. Scores of fish are dead and dying, poisoned by the debris that turns to powder in Miller’s fingers and tastes ...more
MP3 CD, Unabridged Library Edition, 1 page
Published May 22nd 2012 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about SecondWorld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SecondWorld

Start your review of SecondWorld
Kristin Lundgren
I read a lot of YA books which tend to fall into the paranormal/fantasy, SF, and dystopian genres, and a few stragglers. And I enjoy them, some immensely. But they don't give me that thrill. That rush of adrenaline, which I had been missing. Then I picked up Jeremy Robinson's latest thriller. He writes like James Rollins and Matt Reilly - somewhat improbable plot, improbable feats of derring-do, etc. But they are fun and enjoyable, and they all do well in bringing people to life. And that was ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I started this on Playaway and I had to turn it off because of the disturbing scene at the beginning. I got the print copy and I'm so glad I picked this up again, because this book rocked!

Warning: If you hate Nazis, you will either love this book, or you will find your hatred for Nazis inflamed to even higher levels. The Nazis (and all their modern counterparts) seriously suck (which is putting it lightly) and inspired many violent thoughts in my head as I was reading. I think that this book
Cheryl
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ex-Navy Seal turned NCIS agent, Lincoln Miller has been tasked to check out the Aquarius underwater facility in the Florida Keys. Lincoln notices something strange. The sky is blazing red with red specks falling from the sky. Fish are dying Lincoln makes it to land, only to learn that an attack has been launched on the world. Someone has depleted the world of oxygen. With the lack of oxygen, people are also dying and the specks falling from the sky is all that is left of civilization. Miller ...more
Mike
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Attention, Clevelanders -- Miami is DESTROYED in this book! Not the Heat basketball team, the ENTIRE CITY! LeBron James won't be winning any NBA championships after Navy SEAL Lincoln Miller saves the world and cleans up the mess resurrected Nazis create in this world.

Yes, resurrected Nazis. Seems the biggest villains of all time are back to take over the world 70 years after they lost World War II. Miller and his little band of rag-tag commandos must dodge thousands of bullets, ward off aerial
Julie Carter
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lincoln Miller is an ex Navy Seal who can take care of himself in any situation. This story takes him all over the world, and the precarious situations he finds himself in will leave you breathless. Very fast-paced story with great character interaction!
Jonathan Wilson
4.5 Stars
Thom
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll be honest - parts of this book are (unintentionally?) hilarious. No spoilers, but the final scene is so over the top that I have to think that Robinson is in on the fun as well. But I look past all that because this is an incredible concept with delicious sci-fi inspired action that is just close enough to reality to be great. Five stars.
Susan
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, adventure, 2013
I loved this book from the first page to the last.

It is a rip-roaring, heart-pounding adventure and one of the best books I have read in recent times.

If you love high adventure and haven't yet discovered Jeremy Robinson, do yourself a favor and read this.

I can't wait to read more about Lincoln Miller, he is giving King and the Chess Team a run for the money.
Diane
The beginning was 5 stars, but once the hero is out of immediate danger, it got boring and bogged down with history and explanations . So I just skipped to the end to see what happened.
Audrey Arnold
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was a really good book! The apocalypse, Nazis, and fast-paced action -- what could be better? Jeremy Robinson takes readers on a whirlwind ride with twists, turns, and danger around every corner. Perfect for lovers of action and intrigue.

This book sucked me right in and held me there until the very end. Highly reccomend SecondWorld!
Jordan Anderson
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have often times wondered what would happen if James Rollins and Matt Reilly somehow managed to team up and pen a new thriller. Two of the penultimate (and two of my all-time favorite) thriller authors, combining their respective talents. The result would be nothing short of marvelous! Now, I know that's more of a self-professed book nerd's wet dream. The chances of something as fantastic as that are most likely never to happen.

However, there is a close second to that never-to-happen fantasy,
Dee Haddrill
Originally read 27 April 2013; listened to via Audible 24 June 2015 (Phil Gigante has an amazing voice and really brought the characters to life!)

Lincoln Miller is an ex-Navy Seal turned NCIS agent who finds himself smack-dab in the middle of a terrifying scenario. The world around him is suddenly inundated with strange red flakes that appear to have one purpose - remove the oxygen from the air around him. With evil villains (Neo-Nazis)abounding, and an assortment of interesting sidekicks beside
Brian Taylor
SecondWorld is a solid read that will keep you entertained. It has plenty of action and characters that could have stepped out of an action movie (even if the nicknames were annoying). What I like about Jeremy Robinson is he's not afraid to go big with his plot...although there are times where things seem a little too unbelievable, or a little too convenient. If you're looking to get lost from your everyday life for a little while, give SecondWorld a try.
Nathalia
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy of this book through First Reads.

One of the best books that I've read all year! The plot was absolutely refreshing, the characters were fantastic and action scenes kept me on my toes until the very end. Great read!
Suzanne
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO MUCH FUN!
This book was exactly what I needed. If you love movies like Die Hard, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Con Air, then this book is for you. The action never stops and the short chapters keep the story racing. I will definitely be reading more from this author!
Kate
May 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this thriller, absolutely loved it - I could barely control the pages flying through my fingers. One of the most enjoyable reads I've had this year so far. Review to come on FWN.
Cheryl
May 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Makes you think & frightens you......an amazing read!!!
Jeffrey Higgins
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man can Mr. Robinson spin a tale. Don't miss this one. One of his bestt
Daniel Rudge
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action
An adrenaline-packed thrill ride that combines the best conspiracy theories into one plot, SecondWorld delivers the goods for action/adventure fans. The pace is set at a break-neck speed, the plot weaves in some science fiction and the action is almost non-stop. It loses a star for the lack of character-development, and for some of the action scenes not as well-scripted as say Matthew Reilly's best. Otherwise, a very enjoyable escapist read highly recommended to action/adventure and thriller ...more
Mary
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To say this novel is non-stop adventure and thrills is a gross understatement. With maybe one or two brief moments where the reader is allowed to catch a breath, the action literally does not stop. So why only 3 stars? This is something I never thought I would ever say but there is just too damned much. Too much damage one person could ever inflict. Too much coincidence. Too much luck. Too much pain and injury one person could endure. Too many bad guys. And too damned much need to suspend ...more
Elektrohase
Nov 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF!
Yeah. Of course. The bad, bad Germans who were forced to support Nazis in thread to their family being killed had a choice. Descendants of Germans who were forced supporters better were never been born. Sure. The book is a little TOO USA-and-anti-german patriotic. And all the shaved Nazis with the blond hair and the heavy German accent. Please! How ridiculous!
Garbage!
And a 12 year old girl that is soooo intelligent and has the same thoughts as the 'hero'? Garbage. Who should believe this.
Grace Heneks
Listened to this as an audiobook on our trip up to Colorado for Christmas. It was a fun listen. It kept both of us awake which helped make the long drive more bearable. I will say that the characterization was a little canned and the plot needed some trimming. It felt a little messy at times. I also did not like the narrator’s female voices. But overall, it was a fun, silly book that made a great road trip listen.
Gene
I'm taking a break from Nemesis series to fill in some back story. Nazis taking over the modern world??? OK, I'm in! His books are a lot of fun, with some good characters that you really start to root for.

Audiobook notes: Phil Gigante did a great job, especially with the German phrases - either he's a native speaker or so good that he didn't even stumble on them.
Kasey
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read quite a few action books—mostly James Rollins. What stood out the most to me in this book was not only the lack of a forced and uncomfortable romance (thank goodness!) but the better-than-usual writing of a female character. She was a real person with real skills, and it was a nice break from how many female characters in this genre are written.
Crystal M. Ecker
The first 50 percent of this book was amazing! Full of action. The last half had action, but I was less interested in this action. The two air battle scenes were not enjoyable to me. I liked the characters well enough, but the plot felt a bit weak and predictable in the second half. Really good concept for a story and perfect execution in the first half. 3.5 Stars.
Tony
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brian
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good, high paced and fast action Science Fiction Thriller.
Joe
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Catching up on logging old reads and discovered this one in the mix.
It keep me up waaay past my bedtime - and that's the best review I can think of!
Jeff Correll
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like a 3.9er. The last 50 or 75 pages seemed like Mr. Robinson was just throwing things at the characters to up the page count. I did like the book though.
Crystal
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. After reading the chess team series I decided to pick up a stand alone book. I was not disappointed, lots of action, humour, it was a great read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Refuge Omnibus Edition (Refuge 1-5)
  • Deep Silence (Joe Ledger #10)
  • Torment
  • Winter World (The Long Winter Trilogy, #1)
  • Frozen Earth (Rogue Star #1)
  • The Solar War (The Long Winter Trilogy #2)
  • The Lost Colony (The Long Winter Trilogy, #3)
  • Refuge: Night of the Blood Sky
  • Ripper (Event Group Thriller #7)
  • Hunger (Hunger #1)
  • The Breach (Travis Chase, #1)
  • The Warp Clock (In Times Like These, #4)
  • Zone War (Zone War, #1)
  • The Andromeda Evolution (Andromeda #2)
  • Quantum Time (Quantum, #3)
  • Hosts (Repairman Jack, #5)
  • The Day After Never (In Times Like These, #3)
  • The Chronothon (In Times Like These, #2)
Jeremy Robinson is the international bestselling author of sixty novels and novellas, including Apocalypse Machine, Island 731, and SecondWorld, as well as the Jack Sigler thriller series and Project Nemesis, the highest selling, original (non-licensed) kaiju novel of all time. He’s known for mixing elements of science, history and mythology, which has earned him the #1 spot in Science Fiction and ...more
“The hallway grew darker still as the big door closed over several guards’ bodies behind them with a crunchy squish.” 4 likes