Start by marking “Cadillac Couches” as Want to Read:
Cadillac Couches

Cadillac Couches

Cadillac Couches is a picaresque road trip novel that journeys from prairie to big city and back again. A quixotic tale set in the late '90s and framed by the popular Edmonton Folk Music Festival, it follows two music-smitten
twentysomething women as they search for love and purpose. Annie Jones is trying to put her big love, Sullivan, behind her, and squash her demons of a
Published September 4th 2012 by Brindle and Glass Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cadillac Couches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cadillac Couches

Clare
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: canadian, music
Loved this! Why, oh why the main character is obsessed with Hawksley Workman I cannot tell you, but that may just betray my age. But I love music festivals and her depictions were bang on, including the feeling when you discover a new (to you) artist and it's like the world stops for a bit. Characters great, music-love great, funny and wry dialogue. Yep, it's a winner in my book. Playlist at the end -- she gets bonus point for including the Ghost of Tom Joad (whole album).
Michelle (FabBookReviews)

Cadillac Couches is pretty stellar.

You know when you're reading something so genuinely good, unexpected, so perfect-for-your-now that you feel like you're going to fly out of your head? I felt that way when I first read Megan McCafferty, Jaclyn Moriarty, Susin Nielsen and Elinor Lipman (among others)....and I felt that way when I was reading Cadillac Couches.

Through the slightly hazy and anxiety-ridden eyes of twenty-something Edmontonian Annie Jones, we're taken on a whirlwind cross-Canada adv
Melanie
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: canadian
Got this book from Ru for Christmas. She told me I needed to read pages 72-86 in particular, but not to skip. I read it all in two days. It was great. Definitely brought me back to my early 20s, and gave me the desire to head to a music festival sooner rather than later. It also gave me huge cravings for poutine and bagels. Definitely recommended.
Sarah Sammis
Cadillac Couches by Sophie B. Watson is a delightfully goofy road trip story about a pair of BFFs who are hardcore music fans. Despite a lack of funds and a health issue that causes fainting at inopportune times, Annie and Isobel head cross country from Edmonton to Montreal for a concert.

Suzanne
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, canadian
Very enjoyable road-trip novel that is equally an ode to Canada as it is to music, particularly real-life rock stars Hawksley Workman, Ani DiFranco and Dan Bern. Fun, light, and quirky. Full review to come in Quill & Quire.
James Kendal
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Cadillac Couches was a pleasant read and brought back memories of growing up and coming of age in Edmonton. We can find a bit of ourselves in each character and this is a good romp of a read.
Niamh
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastically easy to read - with really well developed characters - a must have!I thoroughly recommend this book! Would make an excellent stocking filler!
Emma
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favourite books. Why the main character loves Hawksley Workman so much I will never know, but as a twenty something who also loves Hawksley Workman, music festivals and roadtrips I identified so strongly with the characters of the book and the adventure they go on.
Peter Kohut
Dec 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Nice cover! :)
Sherri Keller
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much.
Emer Antar
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: me
A lovely read from start to finish. Great characters you can easily imagine knowing or relating to. A book you can read anytime, so easy to pick up. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
Stuart Riddle
Miranda
Aug 03, 2013
Vicki Corbin
Jun 24, 2016
Sophie B. Watson is an award-winning freelance writer who has been published in several magazines, including The Globe & Mail, Briarpatch Magazine, Canadian Dimension, Canadian Living Magazine, Legacy Magazine, and Sustainable Times (among others). She holds a degree in English and French literature from the University of Alberta as well as a master's in creative writing from Bath Spa Universi ...more