Start by marking “The Further Chronicles of Conan (Conan, #4, 5, 7)” as Want to Read:
The Further Chronicles of Conan (Conan, #4, 5, 7)

The Further Chronicles of Conan (Robert Jordan's Conan Novels #4,5,7 omnibus)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  327 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Robert Jordan, international bestselling author of the Wheel of Time series, has been called the greatest writer since Robert E. Howard to tell the stories of Conan the Barbarian. Now his three most breathtaking chronicles are available for the first time in one volume, to the sure delight of Jordan and Conan fans everywhere. In Conan the Magnificent, our hero is stalked a ...more
Published October 14th 1999 by Tor Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Further Chronicles of Conan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Further Chronicles of Conan

H.
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-sf
Jordan doesn’t really get Conan. But Jordan is a very fine storyteller. He stumbled in his first Conan book (Conan the Invincible) but his books got better as he went on. This omnibus is slightly better overall than the first.

Jordan may not quite get Conan, but his Conan is charismatic and clever, not just strong. The barbarian versus civilization theme is dropped entirely, even though Jordan’s Conan is young. I think I would probably have rather seen Jordan write an older Conan. Jordan’s Conan
Josh
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally complete! I read this book in its three separate installments, and let me say that I am 1) a Robert Jordan fan, and 2) a Conan fan, so this was a great synergy in my opinion. However, these are a far cry from the Wheel of Time, and if he had written these books in that style (or had been given the freedom to do so), I feel that this could have been a very different series. Maybe he wrote the WoT as a catharsis from this episodic sequence of mind-numbing stereotypes, but as a WoT fan firs ...more
Bobby Luke
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This collection of tales was much better than the previous collection. Conan doesn't act like as terrible of a human being. Yes, he is still very much a chauvinist. Yes, he is still very much a man whore and womanizer. But in this collection of tales he comes off more like a James Bond and less like...well, his former self. I don't know how to explain this phenomenon, it just is...what it is.

Womanizing aside, Conan faced up against some really awesome villains in these three stories. Robert Jord
David
Oct 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: hyborian-age
The three stories are actually quite similar in the sense that the flow and the big picture are the same. There's the woman, there's the intermediate difficulty, and then there's the villain. On the whole, they're interesting enough short stories to stand on their own so, not too bad.
Dustin
Apr 09, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Loved the Wheel of Time, Cheyenne Raiders and The Fallon Blood.

Didn't love Conan... I guess its just too much on the swords and sorcery side of the genre for me. Too many empty calories I guess.
DavidO
May 13, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Not Jordan's best writing at all.
Dan
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better read than the Legends of Kern books that I had been reading. This author is a true master of Fantasy genre, and spun tales that were worthy of reading.
John
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good pulp fiction stuff.
bluetyson
isbn,original
Mike H.
Jul 07, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fifantasy
Not that great. I read it because it was written by Robert Jordan but it was not nearly as good as the wheel of time books.
Trenton Manchester
I love anything written by Robert Jordan - not the biggest Conan fan, but this book is worth reading for the fantasy and silliness! A good read so far!
Jeff Cadoff
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good interpretations of the Conan saga, though you still cannot beat the original Robert E. Howard stories.
Jason Young
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? Conan is Conan. I found that Robert Jordan did a good job in keeping with the style of the original Conan stories. I enjoyed all three stories.
YAHWEH
Mar 19, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-n-liked
Another Conan appetite pleaser...needs to be made into a movie like Lord of the Rings.
Peter
David DeWeese
Jan 03, 2014
Andrew
Feb 13, 2011
  • Conan of Aquilonia (Book 11)
  • Conan The Formidable
  • Red Nails
  • Conan The Hero
  • Conan the Buccaneer (Conan, #6)
  • The Dark Lord
  • The Tower of Shadows
  • The Savage Sword of Conan, Volume 1
  • The King of Dreams (Lord Prestimion, #3)

Robert Jordan was the pen name of James Oliver Rigney, Jr., under which he was best known as the author of the bestselling The Wheel of Time fantasy series. He also wrote under the names Reagan O'Neal and Jackson O'Reilly.

Jordan was born in Charleston, South Carolina. He served two tours in Vietnam (from 1968 to
More about Robert Jordan...

Robert Jordan's Conan Novels (7 books)
  • Conan the Invincible (Conan, #1)
  • Conan the Defender (Conan, #2)
  • Conan the Unconquered (Conan, #3)
  • Conan the Triumphant (Conan, #4)
  • Conan the Magnificent (Conan, #5)
  • Conan the Destroyer (Conan, #6)
  • Conan the Victorious (Conan, #7)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Ladies of Mandrigyn (Sun Wolf and Starhawk, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Lethal Velocity : A Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1)