Start by marking “The Einstein of Money: The Life and Timeless Financial Wisdom of Benjamin Graham” as Want to Read:

Warren Buffett—widely considered the most successful investor of all time—has repeatedly acknowledged Benjamin Graham, a man he personally studied and worked under, as the primary influence on his investment approach. Indeed, there is a direct line between the record-shattering investing performance of Buffett (and other value investors) and Graham’s life. In six books and ...more
Published July 24th 2012 by Prometheus Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Einstein of Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Einstein of Money

Start your review of The Einstein of Money: The Life and Timeless Financial Wisdom of Benjamin Graham
Sivaram Velauthapillai
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in value investing, biographies, business
Shelves: business
If you are interested in the personal background of value investing pioneer, Benjamin Graham, you will like this book. Each chapter of the book covers a time period in Graham's life, followed by some important investment and business lessons he imparted. The "financial wisdom" part is somewhat weak if you are already familiar with value investing; however, the biographical sketch is quite thorough and covers warts and all.
William Strong
Interviews Mr. Carlen on Good Books Radio. He had written a beautiful history of the man who made Warren Buffet rich. Great history. Great guidebook for investors.
Trung
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Joe Carlen did a good job providing a third-person point of view on the life of Benjamin Graham, given that the Dean of Wall Street's own Memoirs book contains, as he put it, his "selective memory" (e.g. things that were important to him only). This is a great add-on to the Memoirs book, as readers are able to have a sense of both the underappreciated facts (such as Ben's superb purchase of GEICO, which was not included in his annual returns of his fund until its dissolution) and the hidden ...more
Max
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I learned about Benjamin Graham from a biography on Warren Buffet called Snowball. The man and his investing methods sounded intriguing and that led me to read the Intelligent Investor. The Intelligent Investor is a tough read because it is a long book and finance is not particularly exciting, but during and after reading it, it is clear that the mind behind the book is exceptional. Post read, I felt like a smarter investor and better person based on grahams adherence to the principals of hard ...more
Charles
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty enjoyable biography. Besides a brief discussion of the Graham formula, not too much on value investing, but that's to be expected because it's a biography.

Neat stuff: Graham was into the philosophy of stoicism. Also, he was an infamous philanderer yet maintained high moral standards in his business dealings.
Oliver Schnusenberg
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I particularly enjoyed the balance of theory and personal life of Ben Graham. It helped clarify where he came from and what shaped him to develop his theories. Nicely done!
Viktor Nilsson
For anyone interested in investing Graham is a very famous person, to anyone else he's not very well known at all. Considering this, it's a great disappointment how much time the author devotes to explaining Graham's investment philosophy. This doesn't make sense - anyone interested in knowing about Graham the person should be well acquainted with those well-published principles.

Getting to know about Grahams private life is very interesting - he really was an interesting character in himself.
Krzysztof
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice book, great to get the perspective on Graham before getting to know his other works
Sotiris Makrygiannis
Ok Im convinced, I have to read the Intelligent investor the soonest.
Muriel
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I am interested in Benjamin Graham for his impact in value investing. But this book reads judgment-heavy and fact-light. Many paragraphs are of this structure: although Graham had A failing, event B proved he had good C quality, overall (this author believes) Graham is a positive influence on D. The judgment-heavy and fact-light writing distracts from the main topic, and it is the reason for 3 stars.
Milan
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
A lot of investors study Warren Buffett, but only a few of us bother to study Benjamin Graham thoroughly. We forget that it was the ideas of Graham which Buffett applied in his own unique ways which are mostly responsible for his huge success. Even now, Buffett says "Graham is still my hero." Ben Graham's most popular work is "The Intelligent Investor," which most of us have read. But I think we need to study his teachings properly. We can learn a lot from Buffett's mentor. And there is always ...more
Jonathan
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I saw this book by chance on Amazon, and I picked it up in Q1-16 driven by a curiosity to learn more about the personal life of the famous guru of Value investing Benjamin Graham. I found his life fascinating although at times tragic.

I didn’t know that he had lost his father very early in his life. I also didn't know that his mother got addicted to stock market gambling to try to resolve the families’ finances, and lost it all. It must have had a profound impact on him at the time. I knew that
Joseph
May 24, 2015 rated it liked it
The author provides an interesting dichotomy of a life, from the subject’s brilliant theories and applications on the financial markets to the sometime sordid and insensitive personal life that Graham led. The book is surprisingly honest and candid, with source material from those closest to the subject, as well as straight from the subject himself.

In addition to covering Graham’s life, the book also presents a biography of sorts on Graham’s theories, from where they were likely derived to how
Mark
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Early on, I have been searching for value investing books and had noticed this book as a popular read. After finishing The Intelligent Investor, one must wonder how that book was inspired, and there was no book other than Einstein of Money that clearly depicted how Benjamin Grossbaum/Graham came to be. This is the only book that had even included images of The Father of Value Investing himself in action.

I consider this book priceless. The book also provided me the right path in searching for
Justin Bacon
book on tape
Dan Cotter
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Decent book about Ben graham. Mixes biography with chapters about the principles of Ben Graham.
MICHAEL J
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor
  • What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence
  • The Little Book of Behavioral Investing: How Not to Be Your Own Worst Enemy
  • When Markets Collide: Investment Strategies for the Age of Global Economic Change
  • Tap Dancing to Work: Warren Buffett on Practically Everything, 1966-2012
  • Warren Buffett's Ground Rules: Words of Wisdom from the Partnership Letters of the World's Greatest Investor
  • Mastering the Market Cycle: Getting the Odds on Your Side
  • The Little Book That Builds Wealth: The Knockout Formula for Finding Great Investments
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • Stocks for the Long Run
  • One Up On Wall Street: How to Use What You Already Know to Make Money in the Market
  • Tao of Charlie Munger: A Compilation of Quotes from Berkshire Hathaway's Vice Chairman on Life, Business, and the Pursuit of Wealth With Commentary by David Clark
  • Trilogía de Trajano: Los asesinos del emperador / Circo Máximo / La legión perdida (Trajano #1-3)
  • Africanus: El hijo del cónsul (Publio Cornelio Escipión, #1)
  • Dictator (Cicero, #3)
  • Los secretos de los asesinos del emperador
  • Las legiones malditas (Publio Cornelio Escipión, #2)
  • La traición de Roma (Publio Cornelio Escipión, #3)