Start by marking “Ghosts of Gettysburg: Walking on Hallowed Ground” as Want to Read:
Ghosts of Gettysburg: Walking on Hallowed Ground

Ghosts of Gettysburg: Walking on Hallowed Ground

2.84  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
"Ghosts of Gettysburg: Walking on Hallowed Ground" is a keep-you-up-all-night book from real life master ghost hunters Drs. Dave and Sharon Oester, cofounders of the International Ghost Hunters Society, the largest ghost research society on the Internet. Drs. Dave and Sharon Oester spend their time traveling the back roads of America, investigating some of its most haunted ...more
Published May 23rd 2007 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts of Gettysburg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts of Gettysburg

April
May 02, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: those interested in battle history
Perhaps I've become accustomed to how things are done by the members of TAPS, because I found many of the methods used here to be...not quite up to par.

It's a somewhat dry read, except for the parts telling the history of the sites. Those I found compelling and engaging, readily emanating the sadness of what happened on those three days. But I just can't get past the authors methodology.

Perhaps it is just me, but I don't find orbs compelling evidence; it's just energy. Neither do I find "spirit
Karyn
Jul 14, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: history
I liked parts of this book: the parts that were snippets of ghost stories. However, other parts of this book came across as whiny "people don't believe our ghost stories" and we have all this scientific evidence (very little of which was even explained). I'm not on a mission to prove ghosts exist... but there's a little girl deep down inside of me that just still loves a good ghost story- and that's why I didn't rate this book very highly.
Shelly♥
Jan 22, 2011 rated it liked it
I loved the background information on gettyburg and the listing of the sites by day. I wish the authors would have included information on what spirits supposedly haunt each sites or a listing of some of the types of experiences that have been there, along with their own stories. A Map of the various locations would have also been helpful.
Tim
Oct 02, 2012 rated it liked it
While it had some good stories, this book could have been organized better. It was a steady stream of randomness.
Elissa Lowe
Dave Oester
Nov 18, 2013
Judi
Sep 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
More Gettysburg history than actual documentation of ghost sightings. Skip this one.
Diana M Rains