Start by marking “Last Olympian” as Want to Read:
Last Olympian

Last Olympian

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5)

4.50  ·  Rating details ·  706,754 ratings  ·  24,707 reviews

All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds are against them. Kronos is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, his power only grows.

In this momentous final book in the "New York Times" best-selling series, the prophecy surrounding Percy's sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western
Encadernação para biblioteca, 381 pages
Published January 25th 2011 by Perfection Learning (first published May 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Last Olympian, please sign up.
kxmkxm Well, he made some related to the books named "The Heroes of Olympus" Series. They have Percy Jackson as part of the book, but it's written in third p…moreWell, he made some related to the books named "The Heroes of Olympus" Series. They have Percy Jackson as part of the book, but it's written in third person, not Percy jackson's point of view.(less)

·  706,754 ratings  ·  24,707 reviews

Start your review of Last Olympian
Sasha Alsberg
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow that was a great ending to this very fantastical series! I cannot wait to go into more detail in my series review which will be out probably next week. I'll be covering my opinions on all 5 books and then my overall opinion of the series. I am so happy I FINALLY read PJO! This was a "dam" good series (lol get it? "Dam") ...more
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
wow wow wow still need to get all my thoughts together but wow wow wow full video review coming soon
Jayson
(A-) 84% | Very Good
Notes: A battlefront ballad to salvation in sacrifice, where willing oneself to weakness wins affinity, accession, and affection.
Cara
I'm a little sad actually because I didn't want to say goodbye to our hero, the one and only Percy Jackson.

From the beginning we can already see things are going to move quickly. Kronos has a lot of things up his sleeve and won't let Percy and the other demigods have a break. The book pretty much starts off with a bang and doesn't slow down from there. Annabeth and Percy's relationship is kind of strained and Rachel showing up isn't helping matters. I have to say all the books have a lot of act
Tharindu Dissanayake
"God of medicine, at your service."
"Follow that pig!"

It is chaos, chaos, and then more chaos. Final journey of Percy Jackson is ready to reveal itself, where all those seemingly loose ends are about to come together. The Last Olympian arrives with fully battle-prepped Percy Jackson, along with rest of the gang.

"With great power... comes great need to take a nap."

We enter full-battle-mode right off the bat with Titan army pounding everyone in their path. Though this battle has been a long time co
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Grover cradled his laurel sapling in his hands. “Well ... sure good to be together again. Arguing. Almost dying. Abject terror. Oh, look. It’s our floor.”

Isn’t it lovely to be with your friends? I mean yeah, it’s basically the end of the world they are dealing with, but hey, at least they have each other to argue while they are almost dying, right? You always have to see the positive things. XD Unfortunately the situation in “The Last Olympian” isn’t all sunshine and rainbows though. In fact it
jessica
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i am so so so pleased with the conclusion of this series and i am surprisingly happy with how much i have really come to enjoy reading this books. the first couple of books were okay but, as the characters started to grow and the plot became more developed and complex, i really had fun with this.

this last installment is so action packed - there are no fillers, no down time - its the epic finale that this story (and percy) deserves. i also appreciate how everything ties together nicely. things f
Mark Lawrence
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 5th Percy Jackson book I've read to my daughter Celyn. It's half-term and we've not had many carers (Celyn is very disabled and gets respite care) so we've had a chance to finish the book off.

As always Celyn has supplied the rating and left the review to me.

The concluding (well - we could go to book 4.5 & 5.5) volume of the Percy Jackson series continues in the same vein as the previous volumes, though with an added sense of danger and sadness as named/known campers are killed and ev
may ➹
rereading this book is literally just me crying over every Percy and Annabeth moment

12/30/20: I finished this book and The Battle of the Labyrinth in the same day so you can imagine the kind of Percabeth brainrot I’m going through right now
may ❀

Hello, my name is PJO Trash™ nice to meet you.

description

I’ve been blessed to join this fandom due to the INCREDIBLE and significant amounts of fan art. It helps me survive.

The Last Olympian continues off from the previous book. Kronos’s army is gaining rapid strength and the Half-Bloods are having a hard enough time holding the crazy beast, Typhon. Kronos takes his chance and begins advancing on New York City, home to an unguarded Mouth Olympus.

Also, let’s not forget, Percy’s terrible prophecy is day
The Burning Rose (Jess)
2020: “And it was pretty much the best underwater kiss of all time.” I forgot how good this feeling is. Great re-read (and a fast one too, tho I’m not surprised).
2016: So they're a couple now. Oh. Okay.
Yeah, of course I'm fine!!! Why wouldn't I be???!?!
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms
Percy Jackson series: ★★★★★/5

the Lightning Thief : ★★★★(★)/5
the Sea of Monsters : ★★★★(★)/5
the Titan's Curse: ★★★★★/5
the Battle of Labyrinth: ★★★★★/5
the Last Olympian: ★★★★★/5

Another Complete 5 Golden Stars
another favourite book in this series.

reading is dreaming with open eyes.
- Yoyo

I love how the scenes revive in front of my eyes, in my mind, while reading, like watching a movie, don't you? watching the act of bravery of Percy Jackson & his friends, warriors, heroes, defenders. Watching the Ol
Tom
Sep 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: percy-jackson
I'll bet you 1,000,000 dollars that this is gonna be the best Percy Jackson book! ...more
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
My favorite of the series for sure! This is a great conclusion to the story, and definitely a book worth the build up of the rest of the series. It is so much fun to see how far our characters have come, and how big their fight really is. Absolutely fantastic. (upping my previous rating of four stars to five stars because I just enjoyed so many parts of this book!)
Zoë
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW JUST WOW. Easily my favorite book in the series! It wrapped up this series perfectly and gave hints to what would happen in the Heroes of Olympus series! I'm definitely a little in love with Percy now and have a total girl crush on Annabeth and those last couple of pages killed me (in a good way). I'm so glad I finished this series and I can't wait to start the Heroes of Olympus next year! ...more
Bangadybangz
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man, I loved this series so much! Totally rekindled my love for Greek mythology :)
Now I cannot WAIT to start the Heroes of Olympus series!!
Reynita ★ The Night Reader ★
THE MINI REVIEW IS POSTED

So actually I have finished reading this book a week ago but I just have the time to write the review today ( okay, I'm lying, I was just being lazy hahaha 😂 )

I read this book while I was in reading slump and IT WAS THE WORST READING SLUMP I HAVE EVER BEEN IN. IT LAST FOR A FEW WEEKS. I swear those days when I was in reading slump, I felt hollow, empty and I didn't know what to do and I was frustrated a bit for not being able to read like I usually did and thank God,
FireLily
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

ALL HAIL GODLY RICK, MASTER OF SASS.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 The Lightning Thief ★★★★☆
#2 The Sea of Monsters ★★★★☆
#3 The Titan’s Curse ★★★★☆
#4 The Battle of the Labyrinth ★★★★★
#5 The Last Olympian ★★★★★

Wow, I can't believe this series is over! I thought it was an amazing close to this part of Percy's adventure but I'm also SO HAPPY that I have another series to look forward to with these characters (and some new ones, I'm sure). ♥ RTC!

Buddy read with Sylwia!
✨    jamieson   ✨
OKAY I FINISHED READING PJO FOR THE FIRST TIME I FEEL SO ACCOMPLISHED I mean this is soo many people's favourite series and I'd never read it but now I have ! I feel like a true reader !

Anyway, I got to see my mans Percy Jackson go from a scared 12 year old who wouldn't breathe in Ares direction for fear of pissing him off to a 16 year old boy who pretty much told all the gods to go fuck themselves because they're disrespectful trash and I'm living for it

“She looked at me, like she was drinki
prag ♻
literary masterpiece👌

i really want to take it down but my wild 2017 not-a-review is still valid tbh

-----

REASONS WHY PERCY JACKSON IS THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS (or a reading slump):

● It’s the perfect blend of puns and humour.
● Despite the overwhelming situations and terrifying plot, it never fails in what intended to deliver: a lighthearted read with loveable characters.
● ANNABETH FREAKING CHASE
There are satyrs, centaurs, demigods, root beer, deaths and pizzas.
● The chapter titles are t
Inge
Hey so I designed an adventure game which you should go play because I've put a lot of work into it. It's nothing serious, just for fun, but you can see how YOU would do in the Battle for Manhattan! Check it out here.

*deep sigh*

Bentley ★ Bookbastion.net
See this review and more like it on www.bookbastion.net!
_________

Before you all start throwing lightning bolts at me, please keep in mind that in my book, a 3 star review is still a positive one!

I just had a number of problems with this particular entry to the series that I couldn't overlook and plan to discuss in depth.

Don't get me wrong, The Last Olympian is definitely an entertaining spectacle from start to finish. The sense of action was on point, basically from page one until the very end.
peachygirl
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
All hail Uncle Rick, an underrated hero of the YA fantasy genre and a myth master.
Valerie
I finished this with a smile. After finishing The Battle of the Labyrinth I had no doubt that I would love the last one. Why specifically I knew this, I have no idea. But I was right and I'm happy when I'm right.

I was surprised that most of the book is set in New York City but it actually makes sense since Mount Olympus is above the Empire State Building.

I liked this book so much for the same reasons that I liked the other books. It was so funny. The part with the peanut butter had me laughing
Dylan Williams
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And that is how you finish a series!
Ashley Nuckles
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forgot 90% of this book before my reread but that’s ok because we here now & it was a lovely conclusion :)
Brigid ✩
12/17/20:

Well it took me like two months (oops!) but I finally finished re-reading this and I still love it just as much as when it first came out 11(??) years ago. Still one of my favorite series of all time!

Old reviews under the cut.

7/9/14:

Finished re-reading this––and yup, it's still amazing. It's been five years since I first read it, and that ending still makes me tear up. GAHHHHH. <3 I will write a longer review at some point.

I'll put my old review under a spoiler because it was very spoi
Claudia Ramírez
THIS DESERVES ALL OF THE STARS. IT WAS AMAZING!!!
Definetly my favorite of the series <3.
Luffy
The book didn't upset me, make me want to hurl, or make me depressed. However, it never rode above the niche of mediocrity that it carved for itself.

I couldn't be lenient. Being so might have guaranteed me more likes, but difficult as it is, it feels right not to cut the book any slack.

The driving force behind this book especially, is the literary power of the prophecies.

Rick Riordan deserves the rewards he has reaped due to his work. Nevertheless, I don't know if this book is the result of hard

• Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
  • Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
Rick Riordan is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many books, including the Percy Jackson series. You can follow him on Twitter and via his official website.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)