Start by marking “The Crimson Purpose: The Calling of Casey Evand” as Want to Read:
The Crimson Purpose: The Calling of Casey Evand

The Crimson Purpose: The Calling of Casey Evand

Deciding to leave town for college is one thing, but deciding to leave her family and boyfriend, Dan, is another story. Struggling to discern a balance between her new found resolve to follow God's leading for her life, and a long-instilled sense of responsibility to placate her controlling boyfriend, Casey must make a choice. Although confident in her decision to let God ...more
Published December 20th 2011 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about The Crimson Purpose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crimson Purpose

Start your review of The Crimson Purpose: The Calling of Casey Evand
Abbie Belt
Aug 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book for free through Goodreads first reads.

As a believer and Christian myself I so wanted to love this book. Truthfully I did love the concept of the story. I loved the idea behind it and the teachings it sought for the reader to pick up. I did not, however, love the the execution of the plot, and to provide an honest review I feel like I have to talk about the issues I found in the writing.

First things first...I found the whole book entirely too "preachy". It was like
Rachel Carr
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book from a goodreads giveaway.

As a nonbeliever/questioning person, I was intrigued by this book. I did like the idea of the story, but I struggled with the plot development, character development and pace of the story.

I thought the use of Biblical teachings sprinkled throughout was okay, to be expected by the genre of the book. The characters were very one dimensional (the mother, the father, friends, the main characters) and I struggled to connect with them. Blind fai
April Schmidt
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Crimson Purpose : The Calling of Casey Evand is an excellent read for anyone who wants a good, clean, thought-provoking read. I have this book in my classroom as a free read on my personal bookshelf, my female students enjoy it immensely. Lots of well-rounded characters any reader can identify with - hope there is a follow up book, seems like a great series piece.
Kelly Ward
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: rainbow
I may be a little biased (: but I think it's a great read for women of dating age and beyond! It's a work of faith-based fiction, it's contemporary, and it's realistic.
Tanya Wright
Mar 08, 2013
Lisa Propst
Aug 11, 2014
Kelly Ward
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Rebekah Butler
Elaine Needelman
Debbie White
Tara
Jul 05, 2014
Check out my website! https://www.kellylward.com

I'm a newbie in the world of writing faith-based fiction, and I hope you'll give my first book a read, and let me know what you think! The Crimson Purpose is the first installment of a six-book series, and I can hardly wait to bring you the next in the series!

Thanks to the nearly five hundred readers who entered for a chance to win a free copy of my

News & Interviews

“Remember Whose You Are.” 0 likes
“She was choosing obedience over comfort--God's will over hers--and the reassurance that infused her at the realization was nothing short of miraculous.” 0 likes