Start by marking “The Seven Serpents (Fighting Fantasy: Sorcery!, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Seven Serpents (Fighting Fantasy: Sorcery!, #3)

The Seven Serpents

(Fighting Fantasy: Sorcery! #3)

As your quest brings you ever closer to the Crown of Kings, seven deadly serpents race to the fortress of Mampang to warn the Archimage of the impending threat...Your task is to destroy the serpents and reach the Archimage's fortress. As in previous books, you choose between playing a Warrior or a Sorcerer, and must use all the information you have gained throughout your q ...more
Published June 5th 2003 by Wizard Books (first published November 6th 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Seven Serpents, please sign up.
Juho Pohjalainen The game changes a small number of things, and on a personal note, isn't nearly as pretty. You're missing out if you don't pick up the books as well.

Start your review of The Seven Serpents (Fighting Fantasy: Sorcery!, #3)
Rich Stoehr
May 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was ridiculously addicted to the 'Sorcery!' series as a a kid, and this book in particular. Though I'd read many other interactive books (Choose Your Own Adventure, Fighting Fantasy, etc.), this one really grabbed me with its mixture of role-playing elements, puzzle-solving, and clever story. This book stumped me many times but I always went back to the beginning to try it again, to see what detail I'd missed. I wound my way back and forth through its pages until I finally found a way to destr ...more
Paul Christensen
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adrift in the glow of the Baklands, where Space conquers Time
(Trying to gain the fortress Mampang, where the Archmage plots his crimes),

Your footsteps must lead from the Baddu plains to the wastes of Klatta-Bak,
And thence to the mighty forest that is home to the SNATTACATS.

Then, if you manage to cross the lake and enter the Swamp of Vischlami,
You may find instead that Time conquers Space, and slices you up like salami.
Michael Kelly
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'm going to revisit this one at some future date when I'm in a better frame of mind and I may then revise my review of it. But at present, I've just lost patience with it.

It's a huge book compared to other gamebooks. Not as huge as volume 4, but pretty damn huge. But at the moment, it doesn't seem to be huge in a good way. It's sprawling rather than epic, and just about every single situation I've been in has scythed away huge amounts of Stamina, without even the excuse of a fight.

I met and des
Stuart
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an innovative combo of choose your own adventure and RPGs in a cohesive fantasy series. Really loved it as a kid, to the point of contorting my body to roll dice on the floor of the plane in economy on my my way to Wisconsin for Christmas one year. Good fun!
Stefano Lodi
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: librogame
Il migliore dei quattro della serie. Sono riuscito a sconfiggerli tutti, i sette serpenti. Ma che fatica.
John Somers
Have this as part of the Sorcery! boxed set.
Juho Pohjalainen
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one offers a fine compromise to the plot coupons, possible by means of continuity and there being one more book in the series before finishing up - you need to hunt down a bunch of serpents, but failing to catch them all does not necessarily mean a game over, only making things more difficult in the final part of the saga.

After the slump of Part 2, we're back to good stuff in every other way. I particularly liked the artwork of the magic shop blending in together with gameplay.
Jeff Miller
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Having a break from the computer screen during Coronavirus Lockdown I am revisiting this epic series of Fighting Fantasy books from my youth...

Difficult...I only managed 4 serpents so news of my plan will have preceded me...all 7 must be almost impossible surely!?!?!
Paul H
Aug 23, 2015
Maxwell
Aug 28, 2016

• Le Cid
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • Superlópez. A caixa de Pandora (Superlópez, #1)
  • Spider-Man: Torment
  • El Supergrupo (Superlópez #2)
  • Los Petisos Carambanales
  • Cachabolik Blues Rock y el fantasma del Museo del Prado (Superlópez #11)
  • El Tesoro Del Ciuacoatl (Superlópez, #21)
  • La semana más larga (Superlópez #6)
  • Los cabecicubos (Superlópez #7)
  • Hotel pánico y La cosa del pantano, el flautista de Hamelín y otras soserías (Superlópez, #19)
  • Longshot
  • La gran superproducción (Superlopez #9)
  • The Amazing Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
  • Spiderman, Los Imprescindibles #1: El traje maldito
  • Sin City, Vol. 7: Hell and Back (Sin City, #7)
  • Sin City, Vol. 4: That Yellow Bastard (Sin City, #4)
  • Sin City, Vol. 3: The Big Fat Kill (Sin City, #3)
Steve Jackson (born 20 May 1951) is a British game designer, writer, and game reviewer, who is often confused with the American game designer of the same name.

Along with Ian Livingstone, he is the creator of the Fighting Fantasy books. The US Jackson also wrote three books in the Fighting Fantasy series, which adds to the confusion, especially as these books were simply credited to "Steve Jackson

Fighting Fantasy: Sorcery! (4 books)
  • The Shamutanti Hills (Fighting Fantasy: Sorcery!, #1)
  • Kharé - Cityport of Traps (Fighting Fantasy: Sorcery! #2)
  • The Crown of Kings (Fighting Fantasy: Sorcery!, #4)