Start by marking “Key to Yourself” as Want to Read:
Key to Yourself

Key to Yourself

Key to Yourself combines modern psychology and the same principles taught thousands of years ago by master teachers such as Jesus. In searching for her own spiritual enlightenment, Dr. Venice Bloodworth found the root of happiness based on concepts of spiritual psychology that disclosed the power of the mind to think itself to wellness, prosperity, and peace. In The Key to ...more
Published February 7th 2012 by Bottom of the Hill Publishing (first published June 1st 1970)

To ask other readers questions about Key to Yourself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Key to Yourself

Start your review of Key to Yourself
Vivian Hanawalt
Everyone should read this book. The content of Dr. Venice Bloodworth's teaching reflect both the findings of modern psychology and the principles taught hundreds of years ago by Jesus of Nazareth. She referred to the subject matter of her teachings and writings as Spiritual Psychology, and said that her goal was to help humanity by explaining to people that they can THINK themselves into actually being well, happy, prosperous and beautiful. This book will give you a golden return if you study it ...more
Karl
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had never heard of Dr. Bloodworth until having stumbled upon, or perhaps I was led to?, “Key to Yourself” and after recently having read several less than stellar books in this genre, I was very pleasantly surprised with “Key to Yourself.” Although her name may not be as recognized as Ernest Holmes, Joseph Murphy , or Neville Goddard, Dr. Venice J. Bloodworth has produced a very readable and empowering book.

From what I can ascertain, “Key to Yourself” was originally published in 1952, toward
Maria Carreira
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book as a library borrow about 9 years ago. Since then I have bought three copies because I keep giving them away. This book changed my life and was the start of the life journey I am on still. My gratitude to the author and encouragement to all who wish to read this book. You will benefit on every level.
Cody
Jan 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only thing I learned from experience that this book seemed to lack was the emphasis on how crucially important FEELINGS are in the process of manifestation. That's the one thing The Secret had over this one. It really emphasized the importance of feelings.
Richard
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Extremely powerful, although I started to get the idea that the author was saying the same thing over and over again in many different ways, I think because the basic idea is so simple, but I think simple is good..
Sheila
Feb 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bloodworth was so a head of her time, a 1950's woman with a personal understanding of what thoughts can do to our bodies and how to find the true essence of who we are. This book is a simple read with so much depth.
Robin
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome spiritual discovery. Shaped a lot of who I am today. One of the mandatory ones, IMO.
Carole
This is one of the books recommended in You've Got to Read This Book. I've just started. It is much like The Secret (although written back in the 1950's) but has more substance, I think.
Lyndsey
This book and the Wayne Dyer one are very similar.

I like how she kind of kept religion out of it more.

Was easy to read and comprehend.

Sibo Hlabangana
I’ve read many books on thinking positively but this book explained it in such a way that all the others never quite managed. From this book I realized not only the power of my conscious thoughts, but that of my subconscious thoughts, and those are the ones that matter the most. Although I’m now generally a positive thinker, this book has had me forming habits whose results I’m seeing. It’s basically helped do a somewhat reprogramming of my mind. I don’t even know how to properly explain it, it ...more
Trina Sonnenberg
Oct 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Trina by: a friend
This book is an awesome read for those who are into personal growth. You can get it with a meditation CD in the back of the book too. I have read it several times, and each time I get something new from it.
Nancy Lynn Martin
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Law of attraction in zenith form.
Michele
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome. Buy it.
Julie
Mar 06, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only thing that doesn't make this book a five star is when she says that evil isn't real. Everything else was amazing and very helpful.
Daniel York
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: philosophy
Not worth the read.
Rachel
Jun 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fictrion, 2014
a bit hard to read, bad editing and old but still very worthwhile

great info but one of those books you need to study
Satia
Aug 11, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: law of attraction
Kenny
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Essence of Leadership
  • Life Is Tremendous
  • Every Monday Matters: 52 Ways to Make a Difference
  • The Serving Leader: Five Powerful Actions That Will Transform Your Team, Your Business, and Your Community
  • 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness: Power Ideas from America's Foremost Business Philosopher
  • Get Anyone to Do Anything: Never Feel Powerless Again--With Psychological Secrets to Control and Influence Every Situation
  • Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
  • How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life
  • Leadership by the Book: Tools to Transform Your Workplace
  • You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference
  • The Dash: Making A Difference With Your Life
  • Success! the Glenn Bland Method
  • The Secret: What Great Leaders Know and Do (Third Edition) (Large Print 16pt)
  • Mary Magdalene Revealed: The First Apostle, Her Feminist Gospel & the Christianity We Haven't Tried Yet
  • Bleachers
  • The Partner
  • The King of Torts
  • What Happened to the Cross? Distinctive LDS Teachings
“Hold all men in mind as being healthy, happy, and prosperous. When you do this you are helping others and sowing good for yourself. Always send out thoughts of love and service. They will come back to you laden with their kind.” 3 likes
“Man is the highest expression of individual life, because he thinks. We sometimes blame God for our misfortune, but the fact remains that we are entirely responsible for our success or failure, happiness or misery. Man makes himself, creates his own personality, character and circumstances.
Destiny is fixed by subconscious action; you are not the slave of circumstance, but the creator of your own destiny. We attract to ourselves only that which corresponds to our subconscious impressions, and you can always make a new start and create new conditions by changing your subconscious impressions.
If you have thought failure, think success; replace
sick thoughts with thoughts of health. If there is any reason for unhappiness, resolutely put it out of your mind, for LIKE ATTRACTS LIKE, and the more you think of discordant conditions, the more such conditions will manifest for you. CONCENTRATE ON WHAT YOU WANT. When you do think you are impressing that desire on your subconscious mind; NEVER let your thoughts dwell on what you DO NOT WANT.”
2 likes