Start by marking “Whit's End: The Biography of a Breakdown” as Want to Read:
Whit's End: The Biography of a Breakdown

Read Book

Whit's End: The Biography of a Breakdown

"Whit's End "is the biography of a breakdown. It will bring hope to any Christian who is wringing their hands over a loved one's addiction. In author Whitney Moore's family, the problem was related to alcohol, but addiction is addiction is addiction. This story proves that nothing is too hard for God-that when we can't, God can.

The victory that is unfolded in these pages s
Published May 13th 2011 by WestBow Press (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Whit's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whit's End

Start your review of Whit's End: The Biography of a Breakdown
Catherine Townsend-Lyon
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an Amazing Memoir by Author, Whitney McKendree Moore!

Bravo for shedding light on how alcoholism can take a toll on a family that by all accounts from the outside looks happy and normal, but Whitney shares in writing, behind closed doors can be a very different picture and slowly becomes real life dealing with addiction and mental illness.

Don't let the beautiful beginning of her tribute to the fond memories of her family and childhood fool you as delve deeper into reading her story. As many
Gammi
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whitney has a compelling story to tell, of family dynamics, of addiction and recovery, of love and faith, and a remarkable ability to tell it. Her life story is presented so honestly that the reader almost feels intrusive. But Whitney balances that raw introspection with such optimism and humor that the reader is immediately "hooked". An amazing story well told.
Eric Jonas Swensson
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whit's End is one of the most "memorable" books I've had the pleasure to read. Whitney McKendree Moore has written a memoir that is vastly enriching for its hard-won wisdom. She writes of her life: her parents, her spouse, the people and their shared history that shaped her. Though I read it two weeks ago I could recite to you whole scenes, and I could describe every single character in the book and tell you what makes them tick.

Reflecting on this particular biography, it seems that this is the
Sis Kinney
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As I read ever more into this biography, I feel as if I'm looking into the mirror of my own adolescence. Although the details are - obviously - different, I can relate to nearly everything Whitney writes. It all flows so easily and I find that I want to keep reading rather than stop and prepare dinner or change the diaper of the grandson for whom I am babysitting. Makes me curious about her other books. Good job, Whit!!

Well, I finished reading it. Wow! I mean, Wow! I love the way you write, Whit
Diane Phillips
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved Whit's End! It is definitely my kind of book. Very engaging, with a peaceful cadence and a nature ebb and flow. I grew up in the same area of the country and in the same era as the author and could relate to much of her life's story. It is a book that I was anxious to get back to at the end of the day and thought about after I had finished the book. I would and have recommended Whit's End to friends and family, and I am hopeful that Whitney McKendree Moore will write another book soon.
Shelley
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is wonderfully moving account of love, loss, and a journey through life. Whitney chronicles her journey in beautifully crafted prose, while at the same time giving the reader an insight into her most personal thoughts and feelings. We meet a woman who is warm, intelligent, and introspective, a person who is searching for meaning and who is willing to share her search - and her conclusions - with us. The author's strength, courage, and humanity shine through every page. an absolutel must rea ...more
Katie Beecher
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful for anyone going through any sort of issue, and who isn't at one time or another? On the surface it deals with alcoholism and loving an alcoholic but the trials and tribulations apply to almost all families, situations, addictions, dysfunctions. Whitney puts you in her story, which is a true gift. You feel her emotions and those of her family. I wish I had time to write more because this easy to read book is highly recommended.
Christine
Jun 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I wanted to go on the journey with the author. The family emotions and dynamics were very powerful. I think there are many people who would read this and feel that their own lives have shared elements. The more we share, the more we come together and feel for each other. Thank you for sharing.
Andras Holczinger
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is therapeutic to read a refreshingly honest and real story like Whit's End in a time when everyone is busy making their life look better than yours on social media. Whitney walks you through their life sharing, accepting and embracing all the perfect and not so perfect moments and decisions. I highly recommend the book to every one of my friends.
Christine Crosson
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Honest, compelling and interesting. A great read for anyone in need of inspiration and support.
Deborah Lyon
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. A must read.
Heather
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In depth look at what happens when someone becomes totally overwhelmed with life, and the strength an average person has to get to the other side.
Jaimie-Lynne St. Onge
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderfully written and inspirational book. Anyone going through a tough time emotionally or psychologically would benefit from this story. It certainly helped me!
Susan Hackett
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Words of wisdom when I was in need of another perspective.
Peter
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found this book compelling and moving. I'm a stop start reader and have finished only a handful of books started. Loved Whit's End and the fact that I read it from start to finish speaks volumes for it......no pun intended.
Exfpottery
Jun 21, 2016
Nancy Adams
Jun 28, 2016
Christian Books -...: Free Ebook Available 1 12 Jan 10, 2017 01:05PM
Whitney was born in New York City to medical parents -- her mother an R.N., her father a neurologist following the footsteps of his father. Back in those days, physicians lived under an awning of prominence. Both her father and her grandfather were treated like demi-gods at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital, where the phrases “wonderful bedside manner” and “dear and glorious physician” were said alou ...more

News & Interviews