Start by marking “Baby Grand (Baby Grand #1)” as Want to Read:
Baby Grand (Baby Grand #1)

Baby Grand

(Baby Grand #1)

Best-selling organized crime thriller on Amazon Kindle!
Top-rated mystery/thriller on Amazon Kindle!

A compelling, fast-moving contemporary thriller: In Albany, New York, the governor's infant daughter disappears without a trace from her crib at the Executive Mansion. Hours later, newly divorced and down-and-out writer Jamie Carter is abducted from the streets of Manhattan.
Published May 23rd 2012 by Stonesong

To ask other readers questions about Baby Grand, please sign up.
Dina Santorelli My apologies for the late answer! The sequel to Baby Grand is titled Baby Bailino, and it is available now, and the third book in the trilogy, Baby…moreMy apologies for the late answer! The sequel to Baby Grand is titled Baby Bailino, and it is available now, and the third book in the trilogy, Baby Carter, will be out August 28, 2018. :) Thank you so much for reading!(less)

Heather
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Let me count the reasons why I loved Baby Grand: 1. It’s a fast-paced thriller you don’t want to put down. 2. The perpetrator was a surprise to me. 3. The main character was well developed, a little flawed and someone I would definitely like to know more about. 4. The bad guy had a little good in him. 5. The ending surprised me, but set up well for a sequel, which I can’t wait to read. 6. It has a plot, unlike many books out there especially those with “Grey” in the title.
Katey
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, I would like to thank Dina Santorelli for a free review copy of her book. There, now I've made the FTC happy....on to the review!

There is something about the east coast that seems to create excellent writers. This is now the second indie book I have read from the east coast that I have completely LOVED and found myself looking forward to really ANY work done by the author in the future!

Dina Santorelli is no amateur to writing, she has been a freelance writer for the past 15 years. With th
Keri
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really well done and I didn't see it ending like that. Don is crazy as a loon and a straight up killer and I don't know how anyone could think that he is anti-hero, he is a rapist and an abuser. Never mind kidnapping a baby for money. Yes he did protect, but he had no problem dishing out the abuse either to the people under his protection. I don't care how much he prettied it up in his head with making "love". When a woman is crying, screaming and kicking to get away from you, it's rape. Having ...more
Julie
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: firstreads
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. I was excited to get started because I hadn't read a good thriller in a long time. I wasn't disappointed. In the beginning there were several parallel stories that eventually merged. At this point it became fast moving. I liked the characters and thought they were well developed. The book ended with a twist that surprised me and the very end made me think that there will be a sequel. If so, I'll be reading it. I would recommend this book to anyone looking ...more
Tom Harris
May 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In a dramatic opening to this suspense thriller, ten month old Baby Charlotte is snatched from her crib, leaving housekeeper Rosalia Garcia in turmoil. The baby that has been taken whilst in her care is none other than the daughter of Governor Phillip Grand and his wife Katherine.

Detective Sergeant Mark Nurberg from Albany PD, is put on the case. This is his most high profile assignment to date, but with a habit of making promises he can't keep, can Nurberg afford to break a promise to the Gove
Doreen McGettigan
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with the cover for Baby Grand and anxiously awaited the novels release. It was well worth the wait.
Every guess I had as to what would happen next in this novel was wrong, shockingly wrong.
The characters hooked me from the first to the last page. I fell somewhere between love, hate and sorry for all of them. They are still running lines in my head. Dina’s writing style made the reading effortless. It is honestly hard to believe this is the author’s debut novel. I highly recommend
Deidra Rattay
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an sit on the edge of your chair, non-put downable thriller. Every fiber of me was wrapped up in this book from chapter one. I didn't want to eat, sleep, or anything else because I NEEDED to see what happened next. The only part of this book I did not like was the last sentence. I would have given it 5 stars except for the fact that the last sentence made me feel like I had been in a speeding car that suddenly hit a brick wall....maybe there will be a sequel???
Kat
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good book I could tell it was as I just kept thinking I just will read another chapter,fast paced,good plot,twists all the things that make a great read. Not a difficult read and as others have said possible sequel coming up ..I certainly hope so as I will certainly be reading it ,4 stars and recommended
Carol Pearson-oldmixon
I read this as a book club choice for this month. The author Dina Santorelli is a Massapequa resident and attending our book club this month.

This was a great book- keep me going- a real page turner! I cant wait for our book discussion!
Lisa Diaz Meyer
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent read! Can't wait to read Baby Bailino!
Sonja Randall
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although a bit confusing at the beginning all came together in an excellent thriller. Fast paced, with believable, strong characters. The main character’s survival instinct and a good heart saved the day. Even showed a good side to the bad person. Written with sequel in mind – I can’t wait.
Shelley
Sep 08, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guest
Author's guest post at my blog:
Lori ~ BF Bookies
I read this book back in October, 2013. I wrote a review on our blog page, but forgot to put it on here. OOPS - Sorry Dina! Here is the review I wrote back in November, 2103:

We are members of one of THEE coolest book clubs. Ever. Just thought you should know that. ;) Last month, one of our lovely bookies picked Baby Grand by Dina Santorelli. I hadn't heard of this book, nor this author. And all I can say is, I’m SO glad it was picked! I had no idea what to expect – and was pleasantly surprised.
Dad
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent fast paced thriller about the baby of Governor Grand being kidnapped. In addition a young woman from Long island is kidnapped to look after baby Charlotte. Loved this book
Alisa Bowman
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Santorelli's first novel, a thriller, is gripping. I read it in two days. I could have read it in just one. I still find myself thinking about the main complication, especially one of the characters. There was something lasting about him that just stuck with me, which is not typical of a thriller. Many of the characters are atypical. By that I mean that they do not respond as most people would. At first I found that a bit disconcerting, especially the parents of the lost child. They didn't seem ...more
Stanfry
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This is a brilliantly well written book, gripping right from the starting blocks! I was very impressed with how each character became to life and each were really believable. This novel is based in New York, tells tales of kidnap,corruption and oddly a bit of a love story is thrown in there too...so there you go, a bit of something for everyone.

The book centres around the kidnapping of a local governors baby!its full of drama and is really quick paced, quite difficult to put down. The reas
melinda Sprinkel
Cute baby and harrowing terror. Rapid pace action.

some authors have the knack to hook you with the first. Words in the story. Dina is pretty close to being one of those authors. She took her time to develop her characters so that you could "see them" and care about. You care about Jamie. You love baby Charlotte. You wish you had a brother like Edward. You have mixed feelings about the antagonist/monster Don.I almost want him to win Jamie's heart even though he becomes crazy with power and cruelt
Ian
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers
When a senior politician’s baby daughter is kidnapped the result is a chain of events that takes in a mobster on death row, an innocent young woman, high-powered lawyers and struggling garage mechanics.

There’s the occasional info dump of back story that harms the pace in places and one or two passages that would have benefited from a little editorial smoothing. There are also a few references that will send non-Americans scuttling for Google – I still have no idea what a “large sectional” might
Beth Ann
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could remember who told me to read this book so that I could thank them! All I could think of when I saw the title was a baby grand piano and that is definitely not what this book is about. The author has an engaging writing style and it was definitely a book that I wanted to finish---staying up way past my bedtime a couple of nights in hopes that I would finish before I zonked out.
Any mystery lover will enjoy this book and the ending makes me think that perhaps there is another book c
Rina
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It starts in Manhattan, runs to upstate Albany and back down again (sort of), always with Long Island in the background. Maybe it's a "coming-of-age" novel as Jamie, the main chick, does a lot of growing by the end, just because of the circumstances of what happens to her. Maybe it's a mystery as the title is the governor's daughter, who gets kidnapped (LOL, actually the main plot). But no maybes about it, it's a good and enjoyable read.
K.L. Murphy
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the moment the governor's baby disappears, I wanted to know what happened in this fast-paced thriller. What kept me turning the pages were the well-drawn characters and the fascinating storyline. In addition, the relationships between the main characters provided great subplots right up until the unexpected twists at the end. This is a fun and fast read and I look forward to the author's next novel.
Michelle
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure, I have worked with the author. Saying that, I will admit that I don't read a lot of thrillers, but my mom does and she really enjoyed this book, so I borrowed it. Wow!! It was great! The plot had twists and turns, and it all came together in a wonderfully told, exciting story. Well done, Dina!
Eric Davis
I wasn't more than a chapter into this book before I knew that Dina could tell one hell of a story.

To say I was impressed is an understatement - I was so impressed I asked her to write a book with me.

Great read and myself and my wife are both looking forward to the sequel.
Stephanie
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good! A perfect mystery that I could not put down. The author even leaves the ending open for a possible sequel, but even if there isn't one the end was still great. This book must be read by anyone who loves a good action packed mystery. A++++
Lori
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book, really good story - just took a little bit to get through the character introductions. There were a lot of characters! but all needed - and once you get going it really takes off.
Julie
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wonderful, suspenseful read!

Very much enjoyed this. Full of suspense and intrigue. You weren't sure who was good and who was bad except for the main characters of course. Written well, so read it quickly.
Debbie Dananberg
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
Quick moving book that i did not want to end. Unfortunately, i finished it in 1 day. Loved the plot and the characters.
Catherine  Matsubu
A very good read

Thank you, MS Santorini, for an unexpectedly good story. I truly enjoyed the refreshingly new genre as well as the exciting story
Sara
Wow! What a great book!
Jules
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
good book, look forward to more from this author
« previous 1 3 next »

• Death of a Spy
  • Nameless
  • Pendulum (Pendulum Trilogy, #1)
  • The Archangel Project (Jax Alexander Mystery #1)
  • By Reason of Insanity
  • Innocent (Beckett, #2)
  • Still Waters: A Mystery
  • The Black Mile (Soho Noir #1)
  • Remembering Sarah
  • A Man Overboard
  • The Increment
  • Annabeth Neverending
  • Caught In Time (Alysian Universe, #1)
  • Rumours of War
  • Stolen Gifts (Gifts Series, #1)
  • Generation
  • Apocalypstick
  • The Bridgeman (Emily Taylor Mystery #1)
FREE short story! Join Dina’s newsletter and get flash fiction titled “A Baby Grand Story: Bailino,” a companion piece to the Baby Grand Trilogy! You’ll also receive regular updates on Dina’s various books and author events, as well her popular 3 Things I Love: http://tinyurl.com/dinasmailinglist

Voted one of the best Long Island authors for two consecutive years, Dina Santorelli is the author of t

Baby Grand (3 books)
  • Baby Bailino (Baby Grand #2)
  • Baby Carter (Baby Grand #3)