Start by marking “I'm Not Your Other Half” as Want to Read:

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Unknown Binding
Published January 1st 1984 by Pacer Books

To ask other readers questions about I'm Not Your Other Half, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Not Your Other Half

Dana

This is a realistic book for tweens that highlights the issues of getting too obsessed with boys. I think this is a good novel for tweens to read, because that is around the time that girls start getting boy crazy. I'm Not Your Other Half stresses the importance of keeping your own identity and hobbies even after starting a relationship with a boy.

The only thing I didn't like was that the women in the story acted as though they were living in the 1950's. I can understand a teenage girl having t
Dorothea
Awww, I really liked this. High school junior thinks her life is perfect when she starts dating another student, but in order to spend as much time with her boyfriend as they want, she has to give up all kinds of activities that she loves and he doesn't. Is she being selfish to want time and interests of her own?

It's very explicitly writing against the romantic ideal of becoming one with one's lover and against the romanticization of women accommodating their schedules and goals and tastes to th
Michelle Kidwell
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Cooney Classic Romance
Caroline B Cooney

Fraser is a high schhol girl with an unusal name and a crush on a peer of hers named Michael.  She also has a best friend named Annie but before long Fraser is spending all her spare time with Michael always doing the things he wants to do.

When a little girl Fraser knows is seriously hurt Fraser begins to see Michael's true charscter when he is more concerned about missing a date than he is about a little girl whose fighting for her
Julia Nashif
Often the romances themes in YA novels are about making sacrifices so you can be with the one you love. But how much is too much?

Thank you, NetGalley and Open Road Integrated Media, for this free book to review!

Fraser is a fantastic heroine who I find very relatable. She loves beginning things, not ending them, and enjoys the spotlight, if only in a few short doses. And she cannot give herself completely to a guy.

I may or may not have cheered when she released how demanding the relationship was.
Liz Gibbs
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star
This was a great teen romance, more because of the way they didn't get along and the way they ended up. There's more than one way to build a relationship and not everyone is meant to give up their life for the love of their life.
June Jones
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a typical teenage book, not many pages, but interesting, taking you back to your youth, o.k. for a quick read
Brin
Dreama
Jun 10, 2013
Junessa
Feb 17, 2017
Caroline Cooney knew in sixth grade that she wanted to be a writer when "the best teacher I ever had in my life" made writing her main focus. "He used to rip off covers from The New Yorker and pass them around and make us write a short story on whichever cover we got. I started writing then and never stopped!"
When her children were young, Caroline started writing books for young people -- with rem