Start by marking “Truth or Dare (Whispering Springs #2)” as Want to Read:
Truth or Dare (Whispering Springs #2)

Truth or Dare

(Whispering Springs #2)

Praised for keeping readers "on the edge of their seats till the explosive ending" in the phenomenal New York Times bestseller Light in Shadow, Jayne Ann Krentz returns to the town of Whispering Springs. Now Zoe Luce and Ethan Truax are thrust once again into the heart of deception, where daring to tell the truth may be more deadly than lies....

Upscale interior designer Zo
Published December 29th 2003 by G.P. Putnam's Sons (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Truth or Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth or Dare

Sep
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sigh . . .Three women with tragic pasts, three men ready to protect them. A darling senior citizen P.I. Bad guys abound. My kind of book.
Lizzy
Jayne Ann Krentz does a very good job with Truth or Dare, the sequel of Light in Shadow. It pursues the story of PI Ehan Truax and interior designer Zoe Luce.

I didn’t expect to enjoy the continuation as much, for I assumed the potential for a good plot was limited since most issues were already resolved. I was wrong. Jayne Ann Krentz builds a very interesting and creative plot that is as much about Ethan and Zoe, but also about Arcadia, Zoe’s best friend from Candle Lake as her past finally
Tiffany PSquared
Zoe uses psychic energy to solve mysteries. Not interested? It's OK. This is one of those that you either love or you're just ho-hum about. I keep "inheriting" books from this series from a family friend who is an avid reader of everything, but mostly of compact, hand-held, paperback romance novels. This one was a little light on the romance (since the MCs are already married *rimshot*), but there were several mysteries going on at the same time beefing up the action, which frankly needed it. #3 ...more
Carrie
3.5* Truth or Dare was an enjoyable sequel to Light in Shadow. The ending was satisfying, but liked that Krentz didn't try to tie up every issue or subplot in a neat little bow. So often in romance novels we don't get any in depth look at the leading couple from a previous book, so it was especially gratifying to me to get a second book that still has significant focus on just such a pair. I like Ethan and Zoe and was happy to spend more time with them.

As I've noticed before, Krentz rarely lets
Lyndi W.
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
Now that's a more satisfying ending. I still have a bit of a problem with how Krentz does her "wrap up" dialogue, it feels a little silly. But it fits with this duology - there was quite a bit of dry wit that I appreciated.

I find I enjoy a duology like this - suspense, drama, romance, humor. Not enough books to get soap opera-ish, but more than just one book that tends to leave you wanting just a bit more. I'd be interested in reading more like this.
Sonia189
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still interesting but not as much as the previous one, I'd say.
The biggest conflict was solved very quickly and was very anti climatic, to be honest, especially after all the problems caused in both books.
Heather
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!! Great sequel to Light in Shadow! I only wish there were more books about Ethan and Zoe lol
Cruth
Author: Jayne Ann Krentz
Published: 2003
Length: 401 pages
Setting: Whispering Springs , Contemporary.
Sex: Not frequent. Mostly fade to black.
Hero: PI
Heroine: Can feel emotion in the walls.

Nice plot with a satisfying ending.
Good characters, good writing, nice complexity.
Exactly what you expect from Krentz/Quick/Castle.

Whispering Springs:
Book 1 Light in Shadow - Zoe Luce and Ethan Truax
Book 2 Truth or Dare - Zoe Luce and Ethan Truax

References:
Jayne Ann Krentz's website: http://jayneannkrentz.com/tru
Paraphrodite
Feb 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2012
Truth or Dare continues with PI Ethan and his 4th wife, Interior Designer Zoe from Light in Shadow. They are now redecorating Ethan's pink elephant and thinking about what to do with their hasty marriage. There are more side stories in this book, especially with Arcadia, Zoe's best friend and fellow asylum inmate. I quite enjoy all the little tangents. One of the best part of the book was the talk young Jeff had with Singleton about not remembering what his dad looked like, it was quite heartbre ...more
Lara
Oct 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2017
I first read this book several years ago and found I had forgotten many of the details. I remembered only a few aspects. There is a main mystery that has a red herring for the characters (though not the reader) and two smaller mysteries as well. Along the way, Zoe and Ethan have to work on the marriage that they started before knowing each other well and learn to fully trust and accept each others' feelings. I enjoyed the book at least as much this time around as the first.
Barbara ★
Typical Krentz, twisty turny suspense with a two great protagonists and their men. Arcadia Ames and Zoe Truax are in deep trouble. Their past is finally catching up with them and PI Ethan Truax is helping to safe guard them while investigating the mystery.
Cheri
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2nd in the series and just as good as the first!
Mikha ϟ
Jan 05, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really didnt like it because I wasnt able to read the first book. I didnt understand a thing about this book.:D
Adri266
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Taka oddychovka, romanticko napinavy pribeh, autorka pise aj pod menom Amanda Quick. Je to druha cast z trilogie, ale vobec to nevadilo, dolezite veci boli v knihe vysvetlene. Odporucam tym, ktore mate tento druhy literatury rady.
Kittenlittle
สนุกดีคะ เลมนีจะมีเรืองสืบสวนเยอะหนอย มากกวาโรมานซ เลมนีพระนางกใชชีวิตอยูดวยกัน ทังคูมีฝันรายเหมือนกัน กคอยปลอบกันไป เราชอบทีนางเอกชอบซือของเพือความปลอดภัยใหพระเอก ตลกดีคะ

**อานเวอรชันไทยเรืองเงารักเงาอดีต
May 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Ethan is a PI and Zoe is a hippie and they need to fight spirits and murderers. A weird timelessness to this book, but not in a good way. Maybe one of those that was published in the 80s and then superficially updated for re-release? Too many characters, too much psychic-ness, too long.
Maddy
Romance - 3
Fluency - 5
Ending - 4
-------------
Overall - 3.875
Evelyn
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book , at least 5 since I purchased it in 2010 on my Kindle..... it is a sequel so I recommend reading Light and Shadow first,
Marionela
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Не знам защо е в категория "любовни романи", когато цялата книга прелива от криминални загадки в стила на доброто старомодно ченге, с бонус от малко паранормални усещания.
Anne Henry-Gross
Intriguing mystery

A tangled web inter weaves the lives of six friends and their mysterious pasts. Couldn't put it down and get hated to finish it.
Ginger Mcclintick
Love this author this series was very good loved the second book as much as the first book I will be reading this author again.
Jackie
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good
Jenny
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Registered on Bookcrossing - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5...
Charlie Moses
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
The sequel to Light in Shadow, this follows the engaging characters from that story into new mystery and danger. The characters are engaging and the story is enjoyable.
Cindy Miller
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Loved Whispering Springs books!! Truth or Dare is the last installment on Ethan & Zoe and the gang, it was a great read, enjoyed the suspense and twists.
Joanne Tarabicos
A good book with many twists and turns. enjoy reading this author.
Jan Quinn
Not my favorite story. Probably won't read any of this author again
Maxine
This is book 2 of the "Whispering Springs" set of books by Jayne Ann Krentz - and although it is a classic JAK novel, I didn't feel it was as good as the first one - Light in Shadows. These two books are part of JAK's line of contemporary romances with a titch of paranormality. Zoe's psychic abilities are part of the plot, but not the main part of the plot (and there are no werewolves to be found). I've always really liked that aspect of JAK's novels, the touch of magic, but I like how she write ...more
Marybelle
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how this book has several story lines going at the same time, without loosing focus of the characters or circumstances. First is the mystery of the psychic "spiderwebs" that Zoe keeps sensing. Next is the stalking and eventual kidnapping of Arcadia, and third is the mystery of the missing manuscript. Throughout all this is the stress and maneuvering of all the relationships - Zoe & Ethan, Bonnie & Singlton, Arcadia & Harry, and even the relationship of Ethan's competitor Radne ...more
Maria
The second in the series, preceded by Light in Shadow, this book has a wonderful cast of characters that are "starting over" in Whispering Springs, Arizona. The plots and sub-plots abound as well. There is only one loose end. What happened to the Valdez case? Ethan Truax takes the case, but it is not mentioned again and I still wonder what the answer is after re-reading this book at least four times. Ah well, it wasn't an important sub-plot. All the others get resolved and I particularly enjoy t ...more
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Truth or Dare (2004) Book 2 1 1 Sep 27, 2012 11:37AM
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
  • Wicked Widow (Vanza, #3)
  • Shield's Lady (Lost Colony, #3)
  • Worth the Risk (The Challoner Bride & The Wizard)
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre

Whispering Springs (2 books)
  • Light in Shadow (Whispering Springs, #1)