Start by marking “When I'm Feeling Sad” as Want to Read:
When I'm Feeling Sad

When I'm Feeling Sad

(The Feelings Series)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  105 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Have you ever been so sad that the world seems gray and droopy? Does being sick or hearing a family argument make you want to cry and cry until it floods? The little rabbit knows how it feels to be sad and just what to do to feel better. Read along, and you too might find that a great big hug is all you need to make the sadness go away.
Published December 28th 2005 by Gingham Dog Press (first published May 14th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about When I'm Feeling Sad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When I'm Feeling Sad

Cathy
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series of When I’m feeling... was recommended by social worker with a major in psychology for five year old son with global delay and ASD. This is to help with the theory of mind, to read other people’s body language if they are happy, sad or jealous; particularly to help son or individual to recognise their emotions and feelings, with guides to make them feel better (sad/angry)or extend the feeling (happy).
Merwan Eal
Jun 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
i still sad im nothnig im just a mistake
Peacegal
Apr 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
There’s something about me and sad bunnies. A bunny just seems to be able to convey sadness more than any other cartoon animal. The presence of a bunny character in When I’m Feeling Sad alone doesn’t make it a winner, but it certainly helps.

Seeing as I’ve spent a good portion of my life feeling sad, I found this to be a wonderful book. It validates children’s feelings and tells them that it’s OK to feel sad. This is a tremendously important aspect; emotions are messy things and our culture activ
Valerie
Nov 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
I bought this book for my son, who at the tender age of 8 is suffering from depression.
I read it to him, and at first he wasn't to keen on it as it begins by going through how it feels to be sad, and what things can make you sad. Then it begins to discuss how feeling sad is ok and normal and that everyone feels sad sometimes. Then there are tips on how to cope with feeling sad, and how to help yourself to feel better.
After I read it to him once, he made me read it again, then he wanted to read
Saifa Begum
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book describes the emotion 'sad' and reasons as to why someone may feel sad. It relates to real life situations where the rabbit is sad, because their mummy and daddy are fighting and because the rabbit is feeling lonely, towards the end it states solutions how to overcome these feelings.
This book is primarily for the key stage 1 and the early years however it can also be implemented with in key stage 2.
It can be read to children who are feeling sad and emotional.
Debra
Jun 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
fantastic books for children, with beautiful pictures and simple word s to describe feelings... and improve communication....
we have the whole set.... often if one of the kid's is upet with something they wil get out one of the books and get me to read to them and then we talk about whatever happened or whatever is bothering them....
Alshaimaa
Jun 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-books
I need to carry this book everywhere !
Bring the emotions and feelings for children in an easy way.
but It's not just for children:P
great illustration, I can feel the rabbit fur in the cover !!!

Kerri
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just bought this book and 3 others like it. I really like how they explain to my son about what it means to be scared, sad, angry, and happy. Then it talks about how to deal with these feelings and that it's okay to feel this way sometimes. It does so without being to complicated.
Jeniann
Sep 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is a great little series of picture books that talk about different emotions (there are ones on sad, happy, scared, and angry). My two year loves these and it has made it easier to talk about different emotions and how to best deal with them.
Miss Kelly
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great touch and feel picture book that talks about sadness and how to make one feel better. Good kids book
Felicia
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful good on how it ok to be sad, reasons for it and what to do about it.
Jen
Feb 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, read-alouds
another cute book about emotions so that small kids can better put into words what they are feeling.
Andrew
Jun 03, 2016 added it
Shelves: childrens
I absolutely love these books and I love using them in child care. They really do help.
(And I'm going to post this same review on every one I've read and owned).
Elfi
Jun 13, 2018
Sally
Nov 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Trace Moroney is an energetic and dedicated professional with an extraordinary passion for publishing. After many years of being employed in corporate management with international publishers, she found herself in the highly desirable position of being able to follow her heart and establish her own business.

Trace is an internationally acclaimed author and illustrator specializing in children’s boo

The Feelings Series (8 books)
  • When I'm Feeling Angry
  • When I'm Feeling Happy
  • When I'm Feeling Kind
  • When I'm Feeling Scared
  • When I'm Feeling Loved
  • When I'm Feeling Jealous (When Im Feeling)
  • When I'm Feeling Lonely