Start by marking “O Radiant Dawn: 5-Minute Prayers Around the Advent Wreath” as Want to Read:
O Radiant Dawn: 5-Minute Prayers Around the Advent Wreath

O Radiant Dawn: 5-Minute Prayers Around the Advent Wreath

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Lisa Hendey, Catholic social media expert and creator of CatholicMom.com, presents five-minute devotions to help Catholic households embrace the spiritual riches of Advent. Marked with a noble simplicity worthy of the season, these devotions feature distinctive daily texts within a weekly pattern of repeating elements.
Published August 27th 2012 by Ave Maria Press

To ask other readers questions about O Radiant Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O Radiant Dawn

Julie Davis
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a very handy book that I recommend to anyone who wants to get in the habit of regular reflection during Advent. Lisa Hendey has written a series of 5-minute prayers designed for daily use by individuals or families, even those with young children.

The family gathers round the Advent wreath, lighting the candle, a song is sung, and a scripture reading is provided to be read aloud for prayer and contemplation. There are reflection and conversation prompts, both for adults and for children.
lisa
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I recommend Lisa M. Hendey’s booklet O Radiant Dawn: 5-minute prayers around the Advent wreath. She writes of her wish that “this humble booklet can be for your family a doorway into the profound solace of a well-kept Advent.” This is a lovely and useful devotional.

For my complete review, visit light to read by.
Katrina
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is simply fantastic for quick family reflections. Come on, we've got five minutes a day to spend. So herd up the family, light the candle and use her book as a great prayer reference for the Advent season.
Ebookwormy1
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, own-it
The beauty of this book for us was not the content, but the practice.

The practice of Advent is utterly accessible in what Mrs. Hendey has laid out. Priced at under $2 each, we were able to purchase enough books for the entire family. The lessons consist of one page per day, and were not intimidating. We could accomplish them easily; some days when we had time and inclination, we talked a bit longer. Other days were shorter. We were unable to do EVERY day, but tried not to worry about it and sim
Emily  at Reaching While Rooted
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: catholicism
This book was amazing and key to enhancing our advent as a family this year. The discussion questions had us all drawing closer spiritually and the verses and prayers made sure to keep our hearts turned to the true meaning of Christmas. Will be pulling this out for advent for years to come
Jude Morrissey
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: devotional
This was a really good, short family devotional for Advent, with a lot of focus on how we can serve and bring joy to others during this season. For each day, there were two sets of questions: one for adults and older children and one for younger kiddos.
Michael Skaggs
May 10, 2014
Alicia
Jul 06, 2012
Lisa Hendey
Oct 18, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Cecily
Alison
Jan 20, 2017
Danielle Shelley
Dec 02, 2017
Lisa M. Hendey is the Founder and Editor of CatholicMom.com, a web site focusing on the Catholic faith, Catholic parenting and family life, and Catholic cultural topics. The author of The Handbook for Catholic Moms and A Book of Saints for Catholic Moms, Lisa lives in Fresno, California with her husband Greg and teenage sons Eric and Adam. She loves reading, writing and time with friends and famil ...more
More about Lisa M. Hendey...