Start by marking “A Catholic Mother's Companion to Pregnancy: Walking with Mary from Conception to Baptism” as Want to Read:

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Designed to help expectant mothers embrace pregnancy as an opportunity for spiritual growth, A Catholic Mother's Companion to Pregnancy prepares mothers for the trials and joys of pregnancy, childbirth, baptism, and, ultimately, motherhood.
Published September 10th 2012 by Ave Maria Press

To ask other readers questions about A Catholic Mother's Companion to Pregnancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Catholic Mother's Companion to Pregnancy

Cheryl
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Catholic Mother's Companion to Pregnancy by Sarah A. Reinhard arrived on our doorstep somewhere in the second half of my pregnancy. I will admit that I was a little skeptical that there would be much new in the book for me given that I was currently smack dab in the middle of my eleventh pregnancy. I was surprised to find that there were things for even a seasoned Mom to glean from this book.

First, this book is not full of the nitty gritty physical and medical aspects of what is going on when
Julie Davis
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So many of the crosses I have are made heavier by my approach to them. Instead of just walking along and dealing with them, I spend energy complaining, dreading, and trying to avoid them. Rather than offer them to God or--better yet--rather than asking him to help me, I try to do it just like my toddler insists, "By myself!"

When Jesus carried his cross, it wasn't easy. But it did end. Our crosses aren't forever. If there's an aspect of your pregnancy that is a cross for you, turn to this mystery
Jane Lebak
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: catholic, self-help
Review copy through Netgally. I contributed a sidebar/short to this book.
---
My full review is available at my blog here: http://wp.me/p8I00-1u1, but this is the conclusion:

This book would be a great gift for women who are a) Catholic and b) disciplined enough to read a week-by-week pregnancy guide. The weekly segments are only a few pages each, and so take little time to read, but are deep enough that you can keep thinking about them afterward. Although the format is unassuming, there’s plenty o
Dianna Kennedy
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I heard word that Sarah was planning this book a few years ago. At that time, I wasn't planning on adding to my family.

Fast forward to now -- as I hold my sweet new baby in my arms ... I NEEDED this book last fall, to read through during my fifth pregnancy. My pregnancy was very much planned, but I struggled with the aches and pains of being an 'older' mother, chasing after a rambunctious set of twins as well as my older daughters. I whined .... a LOT.

Sarah's writing style is so easy, like you'r
Alicia
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing

check out my review above
Kathleen Basi
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious
Whenever a book gets as unswervingly glowing reviews as Sarah Reinhard's A Catholic Mother's Companion to Pregnancy, I get suspicious. But in this case, the book lives up to the hype.

First, some general thoughts, and then I'll outline structure.

A Catholic Mother's Companion to Pregnancy is unique for its fusion of Catholic faith study with pregnancy guide. This book feels like a conversation with a friend who's going through pregnancy at the same time as you, and who shares your faith and priori
Emilia P
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: real-books, churrrch
Yay! I had a baby! I read this book while I was pregnant! I think I'll read it again the next time I'm pregnant! It was a great book! So like, when you're pregnant you have about a million different feelings, some good, some bad, lots scared, some totally freaking exhausted, some just really grateful and in awe of everything. Reinhard covers all of these, speaks from her own heart and experience of pregnancy (and she's not a big mooshy Preganancy is Soooo Great gal, in fact readily admitting tha ...more
NormaCenva
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christians, orthodox Christians, Catholics, expecting mothers,
Well I honestly don't know where to begin! This book was a true god sent.As a practising Orthodox Christian it was easier for me to relate to an experience of a catholic mother, then to any other Protestant/Christian book on pregnancy that is available. I really liked the reality of the down to earth writing, and the honesty of it, but it doesn't mean that I never smiled while I was going through the pages, I did, and a lot. So, all in all a very good thoughtful and thought provoking book that g ...more
J
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book has been my favorite literary discovery in my pregnancy. In a week-by-week format, it references the baby’s development and other pregnancy issues, but focuses more on helping you use your pregnancy experience as a sacred time to grow closer to God and bond spiritually with your child. Highly recommend!
Joyce
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sarah Reinhard's book offered some very good points for meditation. It was nice at times to read from a woman of faith who struggled with the way pregnancy changed her very self and led her to (albeit small) sins -- like self-pity.

Reinhard also offers some excellent suggestions for meditating and praying through labour and delivery.
Jane Dugger
Oct 18, 2012 marked it as to-read
OK ... I'm not pregnant nor Catholic but there is something about the excerpt (which I read on Pathos) that really intrigue me. I'll keep you posted.
Elizabeth Buergler
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Would recommend it to any Catholic woman who is pregnant!
Colleen
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had this book when I was pregnant! A great book and I highly recommend it.
Lisa
Sep 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, catholic
I'm sure this book was lovely and helpful. I only read parts of it because I was very busy being pregnant and I didn't read much of anything. Maybe I'll give it another shot next time...
Heather
Ruth Anne Holloway
Jun 20, 2014
Katie
Jul 28, 2015
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-writing
Sarah Reinhard is a Catholic wife, mother, and writer living in Ohio. When her nose isn't stuck in a book, she writes at SnoringScholar.com in the midst of rural farm life with little ones underfoot. A convert to Catholicism, she's still learning what to do and when to do it, and she struggles (like so many others) with keeping sight of her faith in the midst of everyday life.
More about Sarah A. Reinhard...