Start by marking “Thinking Toolbox” as Want to Read:
Thinking Toolbox

Thinking Toolbox

This book is like a toolbox, full of different kinds of tools you can use for different thinking tasks. Just as you use the wrench in a regular tool box to fix the sink, so you can use the tools we give you inthis book to solve thinking problems.

-When it is dumb to argue

-Using the scientific method

-Five rules of brainstorming

-Who has a reason to lie?

-How to analyze opposin

Published May 26th 2005 by Christian Logic (first published January 30th 2005)

Start your review of Thinking Toolbox
Amy Meyers
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought the Fallacy Detective was more coherent and enjoyable. This seemed like a cornucopia of general topics relating to improvement of the mind and logic, such as brainstorming, listing pros and cons of an argument, the difference between an argument and a disagreement, and the differences between fact, inference, and opinion (my favorite parts). I may also not rate it quite as high because we took a long school break in the middle of the book, so maybe I didn't remember some of the parts w ...more
Rana
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an enjoyable read that makes learning fun. The authors have a great sense of humor and use great sometimes real-life and sometimes just memorable far-out-there examples to teach various logic concepts. I highly recommend it as well as their other book, The Fallacy Detective, for homeschool text books on learning a Christian view of logic. They look like they are recommended for about age 13 to adult and can be self-teaching books. As a homeschool parent, I actually enjoyed reading both b ...more
Vanessa McCulloch
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good for teaching the kiddos.
Lebenator
Aug 22, 2020 rated it liked it
This is not traditional logic. It's more about general study skills and thinking habits.
Karen
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun and simple book for learning basic thinking tools, logic, etc.
Jorge
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good books to teach children how to think critically and use the scientific method. Hope to use these when we homeschool our children. Also check their "Fallacy Detective" book.
Heather
Aug 27, 2011 is currently reading it
I am reading through this (and discussing) with my 11-year-olds. My 7-year-old is sitting in and he's able to understand and answer, so maybe he'll be formally included! They're all really liking the lessons and think they're "funny". I like to watch the little gears in their heads turning.
Eliza Noel
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I marked another school subject off my list of schoolwork to get done this week :)
The Bluedorn's books on logic are quite entertaining.
Ryan
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: textbooks
Great starter for debate students. Not as fun as The Fallacy Detective, but still quite humorous for a logic textbook.
Karen
Mar 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: home-education
I preferred the more serious and true examples and exercises to the humorous, concocted ones. I think this book would be more suitable for middle-schoolers than high-schoolers.

Zeke
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was super funny but it was also educational. But all over it was fun to read.
Emily
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teaching
This book is so engaging and makes concepts in critical thinking easy to understand for young people.
Kenyan
May 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: school-books
the chapters are nice and short. they are also frequently entertaining.
Onysha
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Good companion to "The Fallacy Detective." Most of the info here can be found elsewhere, but the quirky thinking exercises and funny questions are special to this book. I definitely recommend it.
Verena
Jan 27, 2010 rated it liked it
This had some great stuff in it. Some of it was just too dorky and some just not that well thought out. I'm glad we read it though.
Celeste Batchelor
Jan 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: home-education
Some interesting thoughts on how to increase logical thinking. Some of it is corny. A bit young for my teens and is probably better geared towards 10-14 years old.
Susan
Q&A on The Thinking Toolbox 1 1 Oct 29, 2019 10:47AM

• Girl Defined: God's Radical Design for Beauty, Femininity, and Identity
  • The Running Dream
  • Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual
  • Dave the Villager 29: An Unofficial Minecraft Novel (The Legend of Dave the Villager)
  • Dave the Villager 28: An Unofficial Minecraft Book (The Legend of Dave the Villager)
  • Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook
  • Mudras of India: A Comprehensive Guide to the Hand Gestures of Yoga and Indian Dance
  • The Greek Magical Papyri in Translation, Including the Demotic Spells, Volume 1
  • The Gut Balance Revolution: Boost Your Metabolism, Restore Your Inner Ecology, and Lose the Weight for Good!
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
  • The Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford: Dilettante's Guide to What You Do and Do Not Need to Know to Become a Qabalist
  • Techniques of Graeco-Egyptian Magic