Start by marking “Amelia Bedelia 50th Anniversary Library: Amelia Bedelia, Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower, and Play Ball, Amelia Bedelia” as Want to Read:

Learn to read with America’s favorite mixed-up housekeeper, Amelia Bedelia! The Amelia Bedelia books have sold more than 35 million copies since Amelia Bedelia was first published more than fifty years ago. This box set includes three of the most popular and bestselling Amelia Bedelia Level 2 I Can Read stories: Amelia Bedelia, Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower, and P ...more
Published December 26th 2012 by Greenwillow Books (first published August 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Amelia Bedelia 50th Anniversary Library, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amelia Bedelia 50th Anniversary Library

Margaret Chind
My edition is the 50th Anniversary Library.

Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish

I read the snippet version of Amelia Bedelia in the The 20th Century Children's Book Treasury: Celebrated Picture Books and Stories to Read Aloud. It's been so long since I read it that I forgot about the pie, (how is that possible?) but now it brings so much more meaning to the young Amelia Bedelia's books. Love it all.

My favorite I Can Read! books are the one's that take a great children's book and put it into the I Can Read! format. That is what w
Rachel
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didn't technically read this collection; I'm just trying to exemplify that I've read several "Amelia Badelia" books. :p. There's video of me ripping open packages around my 5th or 6th birthday, and even the cover illustrations would get me all excited. :p. I loved following Amelia's adventures, but perhaps this will a cautionary tale about reading with someone on the autism spectrum, because I cringed whenever she couldn't follow the laid out instructions. :p. The images didn't match! On the o ...more
Blake
Aug 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: youth
Ok I couldnt find the original book which was written in 1963 which I did read. But heck this 40 anniversary edition may be same.

this book may have sparked the "imagination" in me.
Diane Boukhalil
Mar 01, 2011 rated it liked it
All the series is hilarious, although I read it when I was 10. (:
The  SciFi Chick Muses
When my kids were learning to read Amelia Bedelia's antics were a wonderful way to engage their imagination and their funny bone!
Molly
Mar 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best series ever. It's funny and cute, and a must-read for everyone.
Stephanie
Jan 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I loved these stories when I was younger and now my daughter loves them too!! She got the collection from her aunt
Bridget
i remember reading a few of these books
Elizabeth
Oct 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing
i always wanted a maid like amelia bedelia.
Emily Bernd
Funny cute stories! I like how they are a apart of the "I can read" books!
Kristen
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I love Amelia Bedelia! This is a great book for getting young readers interested in reading. Kelsey and Katie laugh their heads off!!!
Camilla
Apr 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009-before
I loved Amelia Bedelia as a kid!
Claire
Nov 25, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood-fave
I adored these books when I was little.
Vicky
Apr 24, 2018
Stacy Gregg
Feb 12, 2019

• Amelia Bedelia 4 Mayor
  • No Fighting, No Biting!
  • Flat Stanley Goes Camping
  • Oliver
  • Penny and Her Doll
  • Diary of a Worm: Teacher's Pet
  • Jungle Drums
Peggy Parish was the author of the children's story series Amelia Bedelia. The series was continued, after her sudden death from an aneurysm, by her nephew Herman Parish. Peggy attended the University of South Carolina and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English.

Herman honored Peggy's life in his book, Good Driving, Amelia Bedelia, by writing in its dedication: "For Peggy Parish, the real Am