Start by marking “The Adventurers” as Want to Read:
The Adventurers

The Adventurers

Published September 1st 2011 by Meadowside Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about The Adventurers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventurers

Start your review of The Adventurers
Gita
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Illustrations deserve a five stars. But the story only 3 max. The concept of a child role playing with her toys is good, but the story-telling is flat. I was hoping for a more "Alice in Wonderland" kind-of-story. But the illustrations I must say is breath taking. ...more
Karen
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book back in January, but I'm not actually recommending it.

I really want to like, and I do like the IDEA of. The illustration is not my favorite style, but it is still quite eye-catching and lovely. And the book is beautifully laid out.

I bought this book not long after my four-year-old son started telling his stories. I thought he would be able to relate to how an ordinary object could lead to an extraordinary adventure. THAT part I like very much. What I don't like is how it is
Hedy Harper (Erin Hanton)
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lilly-s-books
One of Lilly's favorite books, and a real pleasure to read. ...more
Nancy Kotkin
A celebration of child's play and imagination, but moves so quickly from topic to topic that it lacks focus. Illustrations are appealing.
Meredith Kaupp
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it
The illustrations are beautiful, there's just not much there when it comes to the story. You have to do a lot of reading between the lines. ...more
John
Sep 27, 2019 added it
Rachel Elliot and Valeria Docapo did a really good job to illustrate the story and its topic of imagination. This book is about a child’s imagination. This book goes around a imaginary world as she and her friends travel it.
This book has good imagery through its words. I would recommend this book to children as it has a very child friendly atmosphere around it.
Roger
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
First, the good: the main character is a brave girl with an imagination. And the author and artist aren’t timid when it comes to showing dangerous monsters. Now the bad: neither the very-short adventures nor the artwork would bring me back for a second reading.
Velia
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and imaginative.
Rachel
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, illustrated
Cute story about playing make believe. Lovely art.
Lore
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books, owned
Fantasierijk verhaaltje. Zeer mooie tekeningen, maar iets te overheersende kleuren.
Savana Cervantes
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Toys -- Juvenile fiction.
Picture books for children.
Toys -- Fiction.
Katie Fitzgerald
I took a chance on this book because I liked the color palette of the illustrations. Sadly, it didn't work for me. The characters are a little girl and her toys, and they all work together to imagine different perilous scenarios and methods for escaping them. Though the randomness of the story does imitate the way kids' play often unfolds, it's boring for kids to read about another child's imaginings. The characters have no distinguishing personalities, and the story has no trajectory. It's nice ...more
Tina
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love the pictures and I think the author must really understand children who are into pretend play; you always get that one friend who wants to make a problem turn up and you always get that one friend who can always solve it with some wondrous method - making games change rapidly from good to bad and back to good again.

A very good book for Topsy-turvy imaginations.
Justin Bloch
Gorgeous artwork and a wonderfully imaginative story. This book was so good that it inspired our daughter to create her own Adventurer story afterwards. Also a great opportunity to do lots of fun voices while reading!
CalamityMane
Beautiful illustrations. Very imaginative little girl. It was wonderful to join her and her friends on their adventures.
Lenna
The illustrations are gorgeous, but the story really doesn't compare. The concept, however is good. ...more
Ashley Clark
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Bail loved it.
The Brothers
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: toys
This is an okay story of a little girl who goes on adventures with her toys to a variety of different locales.

Illustrations are dreamy and whimsical.
Heather Jo
Sofia
rated it it was ok
Feb 10, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Gruffalo (Gruffalo, #1)
  • All We Know
  • Casey and Derek on the Ice
  • The Best Gift of All
  • Follow Carl! (Good Dog, Carl, #9)
  • White Owl, Barn Owl
  • The Big Adventure
  • Hans Brinker
  • The Busiest Street in Town
  • The Knish War on Rivington Street
  • Passover Scavenger Hunt
  • The Murder on the Links (Hercule Poirot, #2)
  • One Leaf Rides the Wind
  • Murder at Icicle Lodge (Ferrara Family Mystery #3)
  • What Forest Knows
  • Still Stuck
  • Chirri & Chirra
  • Baby Donald's Day At the Beach

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »