Start by marking “Gifts from Eykis” as Want to Read:
Gifts from Eykis

Gifts from Eykis

Bestselling inspirational author Wayne Dyer’s classic parable, with a powerful message for achieving happiness here on Earth, now and forever.

How would an intelligent visitor from another planet react to life on Earth? Would we welcome that visitor's presence and views? Are we ready for such an open exchange? Weaving together science fiction, spirituality, and philosophy w
Published January 8th 2002 by William Morrow (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Gifts from Eykis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gifts from Eykis

Nan
Aug 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-help
I think it’s a good book. Written by a psychologist, it touches every area of psychology: organizational, social, educative and clinical, and their application in our everyday lives. The story is captivating, but at times it just focuses on what Eykis has to say to mankind and her dialogues become kinda boring. But the book actually makes you consider the thoughts you have and how they’re affecting you and your surroundings, so you conclude that the responsible for what happens in your life is j ...more
Candy Laine
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting concept of how humans surround themselves with unreality. The book also deals with the seeds for changing yourself into a more authentic form of you. The science fiction section of traveling to another planet was necessary to the premise of finding someone out of this world who thought differently. However one did find it difficult to suspend logic for a bit. Otherwise the teachings in the book are amazing
Tonia Hayes
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A thought provoking book ... A must read for couselors and physchology students. I would have to say that Dr Dyer presents sound philosophy but he is lacking in the romantic novel department, although I am sure he didn't mean for it to be a romantic novel. His falling in love with Eykis was awkward but the section on concepts of love were needed. I guess he saw no other way to convey them.
Tina Kellon
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was really good and insightful. Wayne Dyer has a way to give you something to chew on and process.
Desiree
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wish everyone would read this. I have a feeling I'd get more, or something new out of it, if I were to re-read it.
Jordan Goslee
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
An interesting “outsider’s” look at the ways we torture ourselves as humans - guilt, jealousy, anxiety. It is all a choice. I have flagged many pages in here.
Jeffrey Guterman
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a fairly brief novel by Wayne Dyer about a man who meets Eykis, an alien. The man learns many things from Eykis who lives in a world very different from our own. In particular, emotions have adaptive functions and are never self-defeating. I read the book in two sittings. It was great! Even Albert Ellis, who severely criticized Dyer for not giving him enough credit in his first book, Your Erroneous Zones, told me he thought this book was very original.
Anna Mosca
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read the Italian version of this book, published in 1984 and no existing on GR even by ISBN, now. Anyhow It was really good and I enjoyed it although it slowed down a bit toward the end and then the end itself was a bit abrupt in my opinion. Would love to read it over in its original language. It did inspire me and humor me as well.
Aug 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
I was honestly surprised at how good this book was. When I first picked it up, I said ….Dr. Dyer wrote a fiction book? It is really well written and you take away a lot of information to implement into your life. My favorite chapter is “The Secrets of the Universe”. It isn’t the usual self help book advice… it comes with a different way of looking at situations.
Kevin Estabrook
Reminds me of the best parts of Walker Percy's "Lost in the Cosmos"

though this book contains it's own flaws, mostly in the section on religion, in my opinion, it is an excellent book with an excellent message that could have real impact if it's lessons were lived in the world.
Ella Roberts
This book was recommended to me by someone very important to me and if it wasn't that they provided an opportunity for discussion about it, I wouldn't have understood the point of it at all. It felt very amateur to me but I don't regret reading it.
Daniel Yepes
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book that changed my life when I was 14 years old :)
Damien
May 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
learnt some simple, important things from this book. The wasted energies behind Blame and worry. I could live on Uranus, instead of living in this sometimes anus.
Jennifer England
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love this. Gives you so much to think about. Supposed to be just a story but feel it is talking to each of us. What a wonderful gift of gifts!
Vanessa
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fictional story with real reality creation implications for awakened souls.
Amy
Jul 11, 2011 added it
This book would be good for a 12-19 year old, but i liked it anyway.
Cristian Monja
bastante creativa para la epoca
Gary Turner
A great follow up to 'Your Erroneous Zones'.
Vladan Necev
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Find and Use Your Inner Power
  • The Raw Milk Revolution: Behind America's Emerging Battle Over Food Rights
  • The Mediterranean Diet
  • How to do just about anything
  • The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control: A Complete Problem-Solving Guide to Keeping Your Garden and Yard Healthy Without Chemicals
  • Literacy for the 21st Century: A Balanced Approach
  • Life Is Short, Wear Your Party Pants
  • Question Your Thinking, Change The World: Quotations from Byron Katie
  • Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Dictionary
  • Family Friendly Farming: A Multi-Generational Home-Based Business Testament
  • Is There Life After Housework?: A Revolutionary Approach to Cutting Your Cleaning Time by 75%
  • There's a Hole in My Sidewalk: The Romance of Self-Discovery
  • Simon & Shuster Handbook for Writers
  • Music: An Appreciation
  • Die Broke: A Radical Four-Part Financial Plan
  • Dreamgates: An Explorer's Guide to the Worlds of Soul, Imagination, and Life Beyond Death
  • Socrates to Sartre and Beyond: A History of Philosophy with Free Philosophy Powerweb
  • A Bed by the Window: A Novel Of Mystery And Redemption
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
“Why would they use up their precious moments for living by worrying about something they can’t do anything about?” 1 likes