Start by marking “Terry and the Pirates” as Want to Read:
Terry and the Pirates

Terry and the Pirates

3.08  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
""You mean she isn't going to walk the plank?"" As soon as Terry's mom mentions sending her to boarding school to "spread her wings," Terry takes matters into her own hands and catches a ride out of town on the yacht belonging to a super-rich adventurer. It turns out someone else had the same plan, and Terry finds herself in the company of the billionaire's bizarre son.

It'
Published May 1st 2002 by Simon Pulse (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Terry and the Pirates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terry and the Pirates

Kelsey
Jun 06, 2008 rated it did not like it
One of the worst teen-fiction reads on my shelf. The events, characters, and relationships were unbelievable to the point that I almost quit reading halfway through.
Izzy
Mar 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Threatened to be sent back to boarding school by her mother, and desperate to get away, Terry hops on a yacht as a stowaway. Only she discovers that only other person on the yacht is the billionare's son; and he's trying to run away too. Naturally a great adventure ensues, complete with modern pirates, a remote island, multiple personalities, and a shy romance. A young adult read, and finely written.
Jenny
Jan 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: teen, realistic
16 year old Terry stows away on a yacht, only to find it has been stolen by the owner's runaway teenage son. A storm blows up and shipwrecks the two on a tiny island with a band of odd pirates who hold Terry for ransom and search for buried treasure. Terry, with some help, must hatch a plan to escape before it is too late!
Fiona
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Despite its low page count, I couldn't even finish this. The main character doesn't feel remotely believable and neither does anyone else; its like a gang of zombies without interest, motivation or personality. Setting is vague and unclear, plot is thin and inane, and I'm sorry I didn't read the reviews on here before I wasted my mental energy on this.
Kricket
Nov 20, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned, 2008
i really wanted to like this. it seemed like it would be a "funny girl-adventure." but all the "phrases in quotation marks for no apparent reason" were driving me "nuts." and i just wasn't able to suspend my disbelief. normally i can get down with outlandish-yet-realistic plots (ex: youth in revolt by c.d. payne) but this one didn't work out for me.
Lynn
Mar 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Funny, surprising, and sweet. If you're interested in taking a dip into YA waters, you could do much worse.
Eilee Murray
Jan 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a very good summer read. Comical, and will keep you on your toes.
Paige