Start by marking “Try Me (Take a Chance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Try Me (Take a Chance, #1)

Try Me

(Take a Chance #1)

A sexy category romance novella from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

She was off-limits...until now.

Vegas was a bad idea. There's no real good reason for a Marine to be stranded in the desert...and yet here I am. Hungover as hell, bruised, and bloodied. The tequila was just another mistake in a long line of mistakes. So naturally she had to be the one to come and save my sorr
Published May 24th 2012 by Entangled Publishing (Ever After)

To ask other readers questions about Try Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Try Me

Monique
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Yes....I downloaded this book because of the extremely hot guy on the cover...I mean, who wouldn't want to look at that!!!...and with a title like 'Try Me' How could I resist?! I never did have much will power!!!

I have never read this author before and at the time there were no reviews, so I had nothing to go on....except the hot guy on the cover!! and when people say don't judge a book by it's cover, in this case it's a LIE.

This book was lovely, a weak word you may say to describe a book but n
~ Becs ~
How hot is that cover??

This was just a sweet and short friends to lovers story – a story of a love that stands the test of time.

Jeremy, a Marine, is on R&R in Vegas, gets into a fight with some navy guys and find himself bruised and battered on a roadside. A driver stops to help and it’s none other than Erica, his ex-best friend’s sister and the only woman he has ever loved. He declared his love to her several years earlier only to have her literally run away.

She picks him up and takes him b
Wendy
Great, terrific, wonderful, lovely, thoughtful, heart-felt and just so good.

"Love isn't about perfection or beauty. It's not about how good you look in a bikini, or how perfect your skin is. Love is about...about..." He fumbled for words. "About needing that certain someone in your life-that someone who makes you feel whole. It's helping the person you love when they need a hand to stand straight. Love is never giving up on a the person you care about."

If that's not the most romantic thing I've
Melanie

First off, let me just note that YOWZA, 'Try Me' has one hell of a hawt cover and Diane Alberts is one lucky lady to have her name so deliciously displayed on such a fine set of abs! OK, now that that's done - onto the story...

Although this was a somewhat cute story, I found that it didn't have much substance to it and the dialogue and "flirty" banter came across as stilted. Erica and Jeremy were both likable enough, yet we weren't given enough info to really substantiate who they were.
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I’m not going to play innocent here—it was the cover! It lured me right in to this story with a grin on my face and a sparkle in my eye. Drool, drool! :) But Try Me by Diane Alberts proved to be much more than a hot cover.

On leave in Vegas, Jeremy ends up in the middle of the desert, beat up and alone when fate steps in. The last person he expected to pull over and help him was his first and only love, Erica. The woman who held his heart since childhood, but crushed him years before. Through the
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Love It
Rating: NC-17
Overall: A quick but satisfying read
Characters: Solid
Plot: A love story with a dilemma I didn’t imagine
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? N/A
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Jeremy

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

Short but good solid read. After reading you may think that this should have been predicable and maybe a bit sappy, but it wasn’t those things. You’ll really be left satisfied with a happily ever after and wanting more. I look forward to readi
Karla
Very nicely done! A complete story, only 105 pages and not a word was wasted!! The epilogue was just lovely and one that I wish more military families could experience! Filled you with hope, left me smiling!

It would be nice if the series continued with a story for Tommy and peek back into Jeremy and Erica's lives, wishful thinking!

♥Rachel♥
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Laura

Aww, this story was so sweet! This wasn't a very long story, only seven chapters and an epilogue but I thought it was lovely!

Jeremy has awakened alone in the desert, dehydrated and beaten. His last memory was getting into a brawl and then nursing the pain from the wounds with Johnny Walker. Walking along the highway a car suddenly stops to help and who steps out but Erica, Jeremy's childhood crush, who broke his heart seven years ago. She was the little sister of his ex-best friend and when he
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 - 4.5 stars

What an adorable, sweet short story!! It has some steam, some "awww" moments, and an heart warming epilogue.

"Love isn't about perfection or beauty....[Its] about needing that certain someone in your life... who makes you feel whole. It's helping the person you love when they need a hand to stand straight. Love is never giving up on the person you care about."

The author is really good at making you care a lot about the characters very quickly. They have great chemistry, the writi
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: May 23, 2012
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Imprint: Ever Afters
Author’s Website: http://dianealberts.com/
My Source for This Book: Amazon.com
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, Take A Chance series
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

While I'm not a huge fan of contemporary romance in general, I have to admit that this sweet and angsty little novella was exactly what I needed right now. Whi
Anna
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
a quick feel good story of love!
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Try Me Review on K-Books

"It's about helping the person you love when they need a hand to stand straight. Love is about never giving up on the person you care about."

Well we had the lady herself on the blog a few days ago and here I am again gushing about another one of Diane's books. Ever since reading On One Condition months ago I have been obsessed with Diane's books. They are just phenomenal and Try Me is no different. You will be falling head over heels in love within the first couple of p
Laura Kaye
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this all in one sitting, and stayed up to 1:30 a.m. to finish it! I loved the hero, Jeremy, completely. A boy from the wrong side of the tracks and from the worst possible family background who feels he's not good enough for the women he's loved since childhood, a woman who now has secrets she believes makes her unworthy as well. Watching the two of them come together and find the acceptance and love they've been longing for was a great emotional ride! I love friends-to-lovers stories, bu ...more
Bethany
Recommended to Bethany by: Laura
Shelves: smutty-books
That was an awesomely good story! It was a really quick read, but never had a slow moment. Jeremy was incredibly sexy. He was so sweet and kind, I just wanted to eat him up. ;-) I must say, I really like this cover. So hot! :-) Laura, thank you for telling me about this book.
Tana
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Try Me (Take a Chance, #1) by Diane Albert’s

Reading Try Me by Diane Albert’s has lead me to go find out if she has written more books, I enjoyed this story it is a fast read and quite enjoyable. Oh and did I mention a sexy looking Marine.

Diane’s writing is good, words flowed well, I thought both characters had great chemistry together, plus the cover wow, I probably shouldn’t admit half the reason I signed up to read and review this was because of the cover…but it was worth it.

We meet Jeremy who
Stella
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Everyone is in awe and lust with this cover, so when I tell you that the story is even better than the cover you can imagine it will be extraordinary! Diane Alberts wowed me with Try Me, and I was amazed at what a beautifully round and well developed romance and characters she gave in such a short novella (of merely 65 pages)! A wonderfully emotional yet witty (I LOVED Jeremy's sarcastic dry narrating tone!) story. I loved it.
Smut Junkie
5 Stars for the HOT ASS COVER!(You KNOW how I am about book covers - picky-picky!!!)
5 Stars for the awesome characters and touching story!
I LOVED this one! Another short/quick read, but this one really packed an emotional punch, which is impressive given the length of the story. I just fell in love with the characters and am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Donna
This what just what I need to get me over the horror of Taking Chances! A very quick, fun and sexy read and I will be looking forward to reading more from this author. =)
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Entangled has done it again!Diane Alberts has created a great romance with a mixture of sadness and denial but in the end there is a Happily Ever After to DIE for! I have not really read a lot of adult books lately but Entangled has brought home so many hard hitters it is hard for me to ignore the adult in me.

Try Me starts off with Jeremy a Sargent in the Army on leave. He decides to get far away from everything he has been avoiding by going to Las Vegas. He figures while he is on leave he can h
Anjana
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Entangled Publishing has completely changed my opinion about novellas. They really are perfect for when you're looking for a quick read, especially if it's romance.
A few weeks ago, I read Divinely Ruined by Diane Alberts. It was the first book that I had read that was written by Diane and I absolutely loved it. Try Me was just as good and in some ways, even better.

Try Me is the story of Jeremy and Erica, two people who have loved each other forever but lost their chance (or so they thought)..u
The BookWhisperer
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Try Me was an wonderful and captivating love story. Young and in love Erica and Jeremy both made mistakes. Confident that their futures will never be together; they have lived the past eight years trying to move forward. Even though this is proving harder than anticipated; neither of them though. It they would find one another on a lonely desolate road in the desert. Erica is a wounded and fragile woman after what life has unfolded for her in the past few years. Determined that Jeremy will be li ...more
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡
What a great emotional story this was! Read it in one sitting because i really wanted no needed to know what was going to happen.. Too bad it wasn't longer :(

Totally loved our 'bad'boy Jeremy, he's just so honest, genuine, loving and caring. A true hero in every sense of the word .. lol ..

It's real simple!...Go BUY it, READ it and JUDGE for yourself. ;)

"Why not? Love isn't about perfection or beauty. It's not about how good you look in a bikini, or how perfect your skin is. Love is about...a
Sammy ⭐️
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a good steamy short read.

When Sergeant Jeremy Addison wakes up bloody, bruised, dehydrated and abandoned in the Vegas desert while on leave from the Army, he has to find a way back to civilisation, this is when he staggers into his ex best friends sister Erica who he hasn't seen since the night he told her he loved her 7 years ago.

I really like the best friends sister story's and this was no exception especially with such a sweet epilogue.
Scarlet
Jun 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
Why, why, why did I read this?! Probably because of the smoking hot cover.
I don't read romance novels. I dont even like sappy and predictable romance novels.

Dear Glass, dont read this! Its just...too vanilla.
Rachel Harris
Quick, fast paced, emotional, and sexy, Diane Alberts's Try Me touches all the right notes and leaves you sighing with the happily ever after. Every woman should have a Jeremy in their life :)
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
I love it and I wanted more!!!!!!!
I loved the writing,it was a really quick read, but never had a slow moment. Jeremy was incredibly sexy!!!!!!!He was so sweet..!!!!
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have definitely been on a bit of a contemporary romance kick recently and Try Me hit the spot perfectly. I have to confess I was drawn to this one for the cover (well who could resist muscles like those?) but the blurb sounded good too so I jumped at the chance of reading it. I've been burnt before by stories that don't live up to their fantastic covers but I'm very pleased to say that wasn't the case with Try Me and I'll definitely been keeping an eye out for more from Diane Alberts in the fu ...more
Lisa
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was yet another fantastic short novel by Diane Alberts! Her ability to put so much emotion into a book that takes only an hour or two to read is impeccable.

Jeremy is a wounded soul. His father was an abusive alcoholic who committed murder and Jeremy was tagged as the boy on the wrong side of the tracks. He had been betrayed by his only close friend and lost the woman he loved in process. He doesn’t do serious relationships and for the most part doesn’t see himself as worthy of anything rese
Wendy Sparrow
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
That's my opinion on the ebook novella--though, really, Jeremy at one point cooks her breakfast shirtless... I'm just saying. Hot abs. Cooking Bacon. Then, the dog tags. That's the trifecta, ladies. There's nowhere to go from there.

As for the rest of it, this was Diane Albert's best book yet, and I really enjoyed her previous novellas. The back and forth candid dialogue between Erica and Jeremy felt natural and was hilarious at times. I liked that they both came to the relationship with scars--b
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Three Stars

This was an enjoyable story. The storyline was a little bit of a stretch, especially considering that the H/h haven’t seen each other in seven years and the heroine happens to be the one to rescue him while he wanders in the middle of the desert. Too much of a coincidence, but then again, it’s just a story in a book so we can fantasize and live vicariously through these types of stories.

This is a story of second chance love and after the H/h, finally, clear the air, they are not abou

• Her Forbidden Hero (The Hero, #1)
  • Ink Lust (Lust for Life, #1)
  • Always a Bridesmaid
  • Lucky Break (Shamrock Falls, #1)
  • Besiege (DISARM, #2)
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • Let Me In
  • Deceiving the Witch Next Door
  • Semper Fi (Semper Fi, #1)
  • Heart's Desire
  • Banshee Charmer (Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency #1)
  • A Night of Southern Comfort (The Boys are Back in Town, #1)
  • Sinful Southern Ink (Sinful South, #1)
  • A Wild Night's Bride (The Devil DeVere #1)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • Screwdriver (Cocktales, #2)
  • What Are Friends For?
  • Christmas Showdown (Burstyn Blue, #1)
Diane Alberts is a USA TODAY bestselling Contemporary Romance author with Entangled Publishing. Under the name Jen McLaughlin, she also writes New York Times, USA TODAY, and Wall Street Journal bestselling books with Penguin RandomHouse. She was mentioned in Forbes alongside E. L. James as one of the breakout independent authors to dominate the bestselling lists. Diane is represented by Louise Fur ...more

Take a Chance (4 books)
  • Love Me (Take a Chance, #2)
  • Play Me (Take a Chance, #3)
  • Take Me (Take a Chance, #4)
“Love isn't about perfection or beauty. It's not about how good you look in a bikini, or how perfect your skin is. Love is about...about..." He fumbled for words. "About needing that certain someone in your life-that someone who makes you feel whole. It's helping the person you love when they need a hand to stand straight. Love is never giving up on a the person you care about.” 18 likes
“Why not? Love isn’t about perfection or beauty. It’s not about how good you look in a bikini, or how perfect your skin is. Love is about…about…” He fumbled for words. “About needing that certain someone in your life—that someone who makes you feel whole. It’s helping the person you love when they need a hand to stand straight. Love is never giving up on the person you care about.” 5 likes