Start by marking “Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People Revised Edition” as Want to Read:
Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People Revised Edition

Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People Revised Edition

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  526 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
In this newly revised edition of her no-cook classic, raw-food chef and instructor Jennifer Cornbleet continues her mission to offer tasty meals,

snacks, and desserts made with basic kitchen equipment and everyday

ingredients.

Along with favorites from the first edition, Jennifer has added 50 new

recipes, including more fruit dishes, salads, and salad dressings, and an

innovati
Published October 9th 2012 by Book Publishing Company (TN) (first published August 31st 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People Revised Edition

Una Tiers
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can you read a cookbook like a novel? It's one of my pleasures. This time, I scanned through the book and watched the DVD. I put many ingredients on my shopping list. Good to see someone using a spirulator.
Lisa Vegan
Sep 29, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any one or two person household that desires healthy-raw no fuss recipes
When I first perused this book, I gave it only 3 stars but when I read it through I upped it to 4 stars. Some ultra easy (almost non-) recipes but that's ok, because reminds me that foods such as plain frozen bananas and lemon water and oj can taste delicious and are healthy.

Really well laid out. Each recipe has an equipment needed list in the page margin. Lots of basic information good for raw novices.

And unique in that the recipes really do generally call for 1 or 2, occasionally up to 4 servi
Caitlinleah
Jun 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
This was absolutely a book i judged by it's cover. and the recipes are a little frumpy, too. First, some of them are too simple- i do not need a recipe for orange juice. the key lime mousse needed more ingredients to make it more mousse-y and less avocado-y. However, NONE of the recipes require sprouting or dehydrating. none of them have more than 6 or 7 ingredients. and all of them are in small, try-able quantities. the california rolls were good, the peach pie was good, but the most AMAZING re ...more
Maureen13
Apr 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third raw food book I've bought and it is also my favorite. What I love about it is that it explains everything you need to do in a simple manner - the other books led you on a complicated sort of scavenger hunt to make the entire recipe. This is a fantastic beginner book for someone who has never made a raw food meal! I cook a lot, but I've never made anything like this and I now love some of the recipes in here like the zucchini spaghetti, cucumber soup, not-meat balls or the not-t ...more
Melanie
Aug 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: raw fooders
Natasha
Mar 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is THE book I recommend to anyone starting a raw foods diet. The recipes are easy, fast, and require no special ingredients or equipment.
Candy
Aug 04, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is great when you are first starting out in raw. This stuff is highly seasoned and some high fat. I have never been much on fancy raw recipes. These are not too complicated. Not all raw is good. You can definitely be eating mostly raw junk food if you choose to do so. This book is good for transitioning to a raw food diet. I've been raw off and on for several years now...not an easy thing to do for most people. I try to stick to whole foods and and green smoothies. I'm trying to fit mo ...more
Samantha Arias
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I got this book because I'm constantly looking for simple and easy raw food dishes. Also because the serving sizes are so small. I'm only cooking for me so a lot of times a 4 serving is just way to much. This book has some good recipes in it. I liked it. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars because me being some one who owns a lot of raw food cooks books, this one was a bit boring. It had nothing new or interesting that made me want to run to the supermarket to get stuff to try. But it does have tried and ...more
Deanna
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ordered this book after I had been high raw for about one month. When it finally arrived at my house, I was thoroughly impressed. Not only are the recipes simple and easy to follow, they are delicious! My favorite is definitely the Muesli, a tantalizing mix of oats, sunflower seeds, chopped nuts, and raisins all topped with cinnamon, fresh fruit, and homemade almond milk! A close second is the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough! One does not need a fancy new kitchen setup; they merely need to rearran ...more
Judy
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Not just for raw foodists - anyone interested in incorporating more fresh food into their diet will find this a useful and encouraging 'cook' book.
No need for fancy equipment like dehydrators, or far-fetched ingredients, or time-consuming stints in the kitchen - these recipes have been designed with busy people in mind, and are supplemented with practical advice/information (such as how long the dish will keep in the fridge) and helpful suggestions (different ways to use a particular dish etc).
Rosalind
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great recipe book to start with if you are interested in incorporating more raw foods into your diet. The recipes are made for 1 to 2 people so there isn't the problem of having an excess of leftovers and the recipes are easily doubled if need be. The recipes are simple and use easily obtained ingredients. It starts with an introduction that lists kitchen utensils/ appliances needed, as well as pantry staples. Some of my favorite recipes are zucchini pasta with puttanesca sauce, Califo ...more
Megan Jones
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Although I'm not sure a cookbook can be considered "read" as in the past tense, this is a book I will continue to be reading forever - it gives amazingly simple ways to eat my favorite type of food - raw! I have another cookbook with great recipes that are usually time consuming and call for expensive ingredients but this book is for people like me - not a lot of time nor money - but want to eat as healthy as possible! I can't thank a special friend enough for sharing the many delights this book ...more
Dhali
Feb 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
I've been thinking about incorporating raw food into my diet but the recipe books I looked at had very complicated and fiddly recipes. Plus I can't ever imaging preparing food that requires hours and hours in a dehydrator, I simply don't plan my meals that far in advance.

This book - despite some laughable recipes (apple juice = quarter four apples and juice them. Ahem) was just what I was looking for. Small quantity raw food recipes that contain only a handful of ingredients and that are straigh
Chrissy
Jan 31, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
I've only read two raw food books, but of the ones I've read this was definitely better. It was easier, required far less kitchen "equipment" and was more manageable for a small household. I'm not a raw foodie, and probably never would be, but I love reading anything on nutrition or fitness so this one definitely deserved a chance. I can't see myself making more than a small handful of things from this book (like the smoothies, for example) but I'm sure they'll be lovely!
Rachel
Sep 28, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great intro for someone who may have never eaten vegetables before. There are some really good recipes and advice in it (PB cookies), but many of the recipes are too basic to even be called recipes. I liked this book, but I hesitate to call it a cookbook when it is really more of an idea book.
Tonya Thompson
Nov 11, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
You don't need a kitchen full of expensive equipment. Most of these creations, you only need a blender, food processor and a will to try something new and exciting.

Read the book from library it was so helpful that I decided to purchase my own copy. I love it!!!

This was a keeper, great, simple, easy uncook book, check it out!!!
Tracie
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of wonderful ideas for getting raw veggies in the daily diet. Most recipes call for a food processor or blender (which seems ironic). Will most likely try all the desserts which are gluten and refined sugar free. Seems like avocados and dates are major ingredients.
rose
there are some really good base ideas in here, though i would argue that "chopped parsley" can't actually count as a recipe. i've already made a flourless chocolate cake and raw oatmeal using whole oats.
Kimber Hattendorf
I liked the short ingredient list. Recommend a slow progression into Raw foods. I found out that my body does not digest raw foods and was sick for a week. Wish I would have read the Infertility Cure book first thus I steam all my veggies now. :)
Martha Smith
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
If you are looking for a great raw vegan recipe book, or if you just want to eat healthier and feel amazing, get this book. You can make all the food in 5 to 15 minutes. And there is no cooking. Love this book.
Monique
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Outstanding book for anyone thinking about eating raw. Gives simple examples, easy recipes and amazing advice how to stay on track.
jenny scott
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
this is raw food made easy! the recipes are simple and tasty. my favorite though are the desserts!
Chris
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite raw cook book!
Delilah Olicker
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the simplest raw gourmet recipe books I've read. Sometimes simple is better.
Dia Kristy
Jun 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything I've ever made from this book is FABULOUS and EASY! (not everyone in my family would agree but I can't say enough good things about it) Love to make it to one of her classes one day!
Nate
Oct 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Contains great simple and basic recipes. The best raw recipe book we have found thus far.
Brian
May 02, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with a good food processor
Raw vegan desserts are awesome because they look like junk food, but they aren't.
Heather
As a raw food book, it's good. We end up taking some recipes from it for our ETL diet (Vegan+), but this is not a staple in our repertoire.
Sep 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
This was such a great book for beginners! Very simple recipes, clear instructions, and it was great how all the recipes were for one or two people. The only downside was how few photos there were.
Hillary
Nov 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my go-to books for a recipe. I really love her mango avocado salad, and the grapefruit salad. It's not my favorite raw book, but I do use it frequently.
  • Living Raw Food: Get the Glow with More Recipes from Pure Food and Wine
  • Raw: The Uncook Book: New Vegetarian Food for Life
  • Ani's Raw Food Essentials: Recipes and Techniques for Mastering the Art of Live Food
  • The Complete Book of Raw Food: Healthy, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine Made with Living Foods
  • Raw Food: A Complete Guide for Every Meal of the Day
  • Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow
  • Living Cuisine: The Art of Spirit of Raw Foods
  • Practically RAW: Flexible Raw Recipes Anyone Can Make
  • Vegan Food Gifts: Spread the Vegan Love DIY-Style with 100 Inspired Recipes for Homemade Baked Goods, Preserves, and Other Edible Gifts Everyone Will Love
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Raw
  • Home-Cooked Vegan Comfort Food: More Than 200 Belly-Filling, Lip-Smacking Recipes
  • I Am Grateful: Recipes and Lifestyle of Cafe Gratitude
  • Vegan Express
  • Vegan Italiano: Meat-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Dishes from Sun-Drenched Italy
  • Happy Herbivore Abroad: A Travelogue and Over 135 Fat-Free and Low-Fat Vegan Recipes from Around the World
  • Live Raw: Raw Food Recipes for Good Health and Timeless Beauty
  • The Raw 50: 10 Amazing Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Drinks for Your Raw Food Lifestyle
  • RAWvolution: Gourmet Living Cuisine