Start by marking “Big Mind Big Heart: Finding Your Way” as Want to Read:
Big Mind Big Heart: Finding Your Way

Big Mind Big Heart: Finding Your Way

Big Mind, Big Heart Presents a pathway to self-discovery and personal liberation. This book presents readers of various backgrounds with benefits, including access to their innate wisdom, compassion and equanimity; openness of mind and ability to shift perspectives; and greater presence and empowerment. Full description
Published September 23rd 2007 by Big Mind Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Big Mind Big Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Mind Big Heart

Start your review of Big Mind Big Heart: Finding Your Way
Brian Johnson
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern-classics
“There is a transcendent awareness, a Big Mind, a Big Heart, present and readily accessible to each and every one of us. When we realize it, we see it is the source of true peace, happiness, satisfaction, courage and joy. And yet, we don’t know how to access it, we don’t know how to bring it into our awareness. We don’t know how to manifest it or embody it.

For the past thirty-six years, I have been searching for a way to assist people to access this awareness. In June 1999, after much study and
Alan Maugherman
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it
I was lucky enough to attend s big mind workshop Snd havd used an adapted form with some of my counseling clients. This book is a helpful introduction to the process but is not a well executed description of what one experiences by actually hoing through the process. This process really requires a facilitator to truly grasp the depth it provides snd it's ability to tsp into depths of consciousness within us all.
Eugene Pustoshkin
Процесс «Большой Ум — Большое Сердце» раскрывается тем больше и глубже, чем больше набираешься опыта в работе с различными психологическими измерениями, в особенности субличностями или аспектами психики. Этот процесс представляет собой сравнительно простую технологию по активизации и интеграции различных голосов в диалоге. Стратегий подобной интеграции может быть множество (их много как и в самом процессе, так и вообще в психологической практике).

Генпо Роси, держатель двух линий передачи дзен —
Rochelle
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it

The subject of the book Big Mind-Big Heart : Finding Your Way by Zen Master Dennis Genpo Merzel, is Merzel's conviction that everyone can experience transcendence or awakening without the traditionally required years of sitting, once they are able to recognize that they are essentially the unity they seek.

"The aim of the Big Mind Process is to combine "Eastern, Buddhist insights with Western psychoanalytical ideas," and according to Merzel: It allows a person to step out of their ego and have a
Amy
Apr 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I'm a big fan of the Big Mind process. This book is a good introduction to it, and also serves as a training manual for the practice of Big Mind, which uses voice dialogue to speak to transcendent voices within the self and to make the transcendent as accessible as possible. If you're looking for exercises to add to your spiritual practice, this could be a good place to look.
Paul H
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
A lot of it is really good and the author seems to communicate the nature of Big Mind very clearly which is a rare talent.
I found the talking to parts idea a bit facile. A bit like NLP 30 years ago. Great at first especially if presented by someone charasmatic. Then it fades away?
The fact that it didn't stop the author cheating on his wife and misusing his power by having sex with some students would seem to support Ken Wilbers view of Wake up Clean up.
This book helps with Waking up but presumab
Aynur Aslanova
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is like an allegory of fruits by Fuzuli. It is so interesting to listen to our feelings to talk. Also duality, non-duality, true self, all this concepts helps us to formalize our thinking process.
Paul Finch
Sep 18, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in enlightenment teachings
Shelves: enlightenment
Ken Wilber, whom I greatly respect, stated: "the Big Mind process founded by Zen Master Dennis Genpo Merzel is arguably the most important and original discovery in the last two centuries of Huddhism. It is an astonishingly original, profound, and effective path for waking up, or seeing one's True Nature." With this endorsement, I ordered the book, which also includes a CD with a live process and meditation instructions, and read it quickly, eager to fin this powerful new historical Buddhist dis ...more
deleted d
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Very known messages, I don't believe this book brings much new to the table. The book power of now is more interesting than this one imo.
Dennis talks about being dynamic, fluid, and not getting stuck on one point of view or our ego.

big mind big heart
Try not to identify with your ego
Don't identify with your perspective in any situation, i.e. arguing
Listen to your inner voices
be grateful
Andrea
Dec 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
I've heard about the Big Mind workshops where the author facilitates you into a state of Buddha like enlightenment so I was intrigued. I think this process is probably more easily understood in person or by DVD, but there is a CD included in which I was able to glimpse what it's all about. The book is good for a conceptual understanding but if you're going after the experience, not so much.
Leslie
Jul 20, 2009 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the first two sections of this book, but found the remainder hard going. In fairness, it's not really meant to be read outright, but used as a guide in practicing the methods explained in the beginning. The problem is that as a guide it's far too exacting and specific, and doesn't half go on.

It's an interesting idea, but not what I was looking for.
jacqs
Feb 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
The first third of the book is devoted to saying how effective the technique is. I found that repetitive and wanted him to get on with it. The actual dialogue is useful as it claims to be for expanding your self-awareness and breaking out of dichotomies and limiting paradigms. It's like "Yes, and everything else too."
Shelley
Apr 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure about Big Mind, Big Heart but this book comes with a CD and when I heard Genpo's voice I couldn't put the book down...strange experience but I really loved this book and it works amazingly well with the Holosyn program.
Matthew Summers
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
A good introduction. For a more thorough read on the subject read Ken Wilbur's No Boundary.
Simon
Aug 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
if it's like the transcendent voice dialogue dvd methodology entitled the same It's just too great
Francine Thomas
Nov 04, 2008 rated it did not like it
Did not like at all, it was hard to swallow. Just couldnt get into asking my mind to talk to someone in my mind.
John Murphy
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Genpo does a wonderful job helping people see beyond their own self-limiting beliefs and doubts.
Ilya Mrz
Jul 01, 2014
Jeanette Haren
May 04, 2014
Alexis Clark
May 19, 2015
Pedro Bori
rated it did not like it
Feb 03, 2016
Sep 30, 2011
Armando Urquiola Cabrera
Aug 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Heart of Zen: Enlightenment, Emotional Maturity, and What It Really Takes for Spiritual Liberation
  • 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class: The Thought Processes, Habits and Philosophies of the Great Ones
  • How Rich People Think
  • The Buddha and the Badass: The Secret Spiritual Art of Succeeding at Work
  • The Dhammapada
  • Autobiography of a Yogi
  • Be Here Now
  • The Surangama Sutra - A New Translation with Excerpts from the Commentary by the Venerable Master Hsuan Hua
  • Light on Yoga