Start by marking “The Roots of My Family Tree” as Want to Read:
The Roots of My Family Tree

The Roots of My Family Tree

Take a trip around the world with a little girl, who is proud of her rich multicultural heritage.

The Roots of My Family Tree, is a celebration book for children, families and educators to use as an enjoyable springboard for conversations about family heritage. Bright, colorful, full illustrations, written in rhyme.
Countries around the world she travels to:
USA
Australia
Afric
Published February 23rd 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published February 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Roots of My Family Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Roots of My Family Tree

Victoria Nesselroad
It is about a little girl that talks about her family tree how people in your family could be from anywhere in the world and that you can learn more about them and what they do there.

What I would do for my class for this book is that I would give them and paper and they would draw their family tree and tell me where they are all from and where they are now.
Kendall Stewart
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Roots of My Family Tree is about a little girl who travels to a bunch of different countries such as Australia, England, France, Spain, etc. She is very proud and passionate of her multicultural background. This books rhymes which makes it even more interesting and fun for the ages of students who are in preschool through Kindergarten.

Throughout this whole book the pictures are fun and colorful and the rhyming of it makes it much more fun for the students to read. This is a very good book t
Kathryn Hogan
Sep 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: esol-for-class
This book is a great book to get children to question about their own personal family trees'. This book would be great for any student and does not exclude any culture. I would suggest that some other books be read about single parents, and living with unique family situations. Also a very easy read!
Sara DeVinck
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a book about a girl who travels to many different countries. It is a great book to use to learn about heritage. It is a book you could have on display in any classroom and it could be read aloud to start a unit on family heritage and multiculturalism.
Jessica Peterson
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was cute. I liked that it introduces kids to a small piece of other countries of the world. And the picture of the little girl at the end, who looks an awful like the main character... adorable!
Tracie
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Through rhyming text and simple illustrations, a young girl proudly describes her multicultural heritage.

This book has a lovely message and provides ample opportunities to get kids thinking and talking about their own family trees, but I found the rhyming verse to be a little forced.
Shante
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book on YOUTUBE. I love having books where my students can watch it come to life. It becomes an easy way for me to show them how to visualize. The book is good for younger readers. I would use again!
Mckinley
Nov 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture, poetry, family
Illustrations look a bit like cut out collages.
Nikki Broussard
May 27, 2015
Gabrielle Mitchell
Mar 11, 2015
Niki Alling
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Gloria Mahaffey
Dec 01, 2014
Brittany Mangum
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: multicultural
A great book to show children how they all come from different cultures, and heritages, and that is what makes them unique and who they truly are. (MULTICULTURAL)
Kara Poe Alexander

• Mama Miti: Wangari Maathai and the Trees of Kenya
  • The Rice Bag Hammock
  • Sundiata: Lion King of Mali
  • The Stone Lions
  • Los Mejores Colores/Best Best Colors (Anti-Bias Books for Kids)
  • The Tree Is Older Than You Are: A Bilingual Gathering of Poems & Stories from Mexico
  • Um Fio De Fumo: Nos Confins Do Mar
  • My Dadima Wears a Sari
  • Friends from the Other Side/Amigos del otro lado
  • The Boy Who Cried Fabulous
  • Be Who You Are
  • Suki's Kimono
  • Mama's Saris
Niki Alling is an Author, Poet and Graphic Designer for greeting cards, t-shirts and gifts by NikiClix Creations. She is a mother and grandmother and has also worked with young children for many years and enjoys reading and writing stories for them.

She writes across the board of genres, including; paranormal, romance, inspirational poetry, children's books, time travel, science fiction and more.