Start by marking “Whiskey Rebellion (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Whiskey Rebellion (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #1)

Read eBook* *Different edition

Whiskey Rebellion

(Addison Holmes Mysteries #1)

My name is Addison Holmes, and I teach history at James Madison High School in Whiskey Bayou, Georgia. You might be under the assumption that my life went to the dogs when my fiance left me at the altar for the home economics teacher, or when I got notice that my apartment building was going to be condemned, or even when I was desperate enough to strip to my unmentionables ...more
Published February 19th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 1st 2011)

Robert Cohen
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Two chapters in, I was all set to declare Liliana Hart the next Janet Evanovich. By the end of the novel, not so much.

Addison Holmes is a very funny protagonist, and I wish her well as Hart develops her over the next several novels in the series.

But this book just has too many problems. Let’s start with editing. Whoever edited this novel was not paying attention. One chapter has a dialogue segment in which Addison is coerced by her friend Kate to go out on a blind date. By the next chapter, that
Ian
May 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Oh...I was unconscious and you took off all my clothes??? giggle giggle giggle

Err....no...not funny. Kind of rapey.

I might have liked this book more if Addison wasn't such an idiot and her love interest wasn't so creepy.
Kjen
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars~~~This was a cute-light-funny read with a touch of sexy. Yes, there were Stephanie Plum hijinks, but I still liked Addison. The story was a bit slow starting...the curse of most first books of a series. Things got going around the 45% mark. Addison and Nick (the hot cop) have great banter. There were some really funny parts, too, and Addison's mom is a hoot. I did think the ending was a bit rushed. This was an Amazon freebie that hit the mark...it made me want to read the next. This wa ...more
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: May 30, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Self Published
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: http://www.lilianahart.blogspot.com/
My Source for This Book: Gift from the author
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, Addison Holmes series
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

Okay, this book is hysterical. It’s a true comedy of errors. Poor Addison is a high school history teacher with an incredibly awesome
Karl Wiggins
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
A Mediocre Book

This is such a shame, because there was no reason for this book to be so mediocre. I liked the character – she reminds me of someone I know – and I felt the plot was a good one. She starts of as an inexperienced and none too impressive stripper, so there’s comedy there right from the start. However, despite the fact that I consider myself to be a man of the world I had no idea what a ‘bustier’ was or indeed ‘pasties.’ I assumed ‘pasties’ was a euphemism for her pale boobs but they
Reen
Feb 08, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a kobo freebie. Addison is very Stephanie Plum-like right down to being the accident magnet, cop boyfriend and small town. Takes a second job as a PI too. Not a bad read, different enough from Plum to keep me interested. Can't wait to see if Ranger shows up in Book 2 lol!
Dee

Funny but crazy
Not at all believable
Knock-off of Steph Plum
Nicole Overmoyer
True story: I was looking for an ebook on Amazon and I passed this by twice, thinking it probably wasn't my thing. Then I accidentally tapped the screen and downloaded it. My first thought was "no, no, no!" My second thought was "eh, whatever. I've got it now, may as well try it."

Best. Happy. Accident. Ever.

I love this book. There's nothing I don't like about this book. Okay, maybe I don't like that books #2 and #3 aren't also free ebooks on Amazon at the moment but I love #1 so much that I just
Romancing the Book
Review by Ursula: An entertaining, fun read. Addison has a knack for getting into trouble. She has horrible luck and it's only going to get worse. The story was well told from a first person point of view and moved the action on at a steady pace. Addison's mom, best friend and co-worker are the perfect addition to the story. They make the story more interesting and provide relief from Addison's horrible mishaps that seem to happen at an unnatural pace.

Nick, the cop working on the murder case tha
Maggie
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Thank goodness it was short because I don't think I could stand any more of Addison Holmes. What. A. Moron. Totally unbelievable that a cop would even give her the time of day.
Add in the disjointed bits (other reviewers have already pointed these out, and yes they are annoying) and the fact that there is not one likable character in the whole story, and this is the beginning of a series I will never, ever be buying into.
I gave it two stars because I found some of it quite entertaining, and may
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Sep 03, 2013 marked it as own-need-to-read

Kindle Freebie

After reading some awesome reviews for this book I went to Amazon to buy it, only to find out that I already owned it, and that it's still free!

Blurb

WHISKEY REBELLION: AN ADDISON HOLMES MYSTERY

Bee
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. This was very meh. I was basically raised on this type of comedy-mystery books – then written by Janet Evanovich, starring the heroine Stephanie Plum with love interests and side-kicks Joe Morelli (cop) and Ranger (bounty hunter). This felt like a pale imitation of those books. The heroine, Addison Holmes, felt like a less interesting and likeable Stephanie knock-off and the love interest, Jake, felt like a merger of Morelli and Ranger… which was a little weird when he had to take on ...more
Jo-Anne
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Addison Holmes needs more money than her salary as a teacher in Whiskey Bayou is providing so she takes a job at a strip club. Turns out she is not good at stripping so her first dance is also her last. She freaked when she saw her principal in the audience. When she saw him taking pictures of her she knew he was going to fire her. As she was leaving Addison tripped over the principal's dead body in the parking lot.

Addison has a few drinks while waiting for the police to arrive and take her stat
Keri
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was so laugh out load funny at times. Addison Holmes needs money quick! She is on the hook to buy a cute little house in her native Whiskey Georgia and due to be homeless in 90 days or something like that, as her apartments are due to be condemned. So what does any smart, 9th grade teacher do, go and get a stripper job...yes that would have been the first thing I thought of. Now, her career as a stripper is very short lived shall we say as Addison may be a pretty woman, but her middle name ...more
Ellie DeFarr
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Addison Holmes is a thirty something high-school history teacher and, to earn extra money, a novice investigator for the McLean Detective Agency. She’s accident prone, financially challenged, relationship adrift, and irrepressibly optimistic. So you’ll probably understand why she failed to see the dead body she tripped over after sneaking out of the Foxy Lady, a strip joint where she’s just been fired after her first show. Turns out the body belongs to her high school’s principal. For some tran ...more
Charos
I couldn't finish it. Actually I liked the idea of the book but it's more like a raw draft and not a finished book. There are huge plot holes, the characters are not very well developed and also not very likeable.

For example: it isn't a funny banter between potential lovers if the male says she is in a bad mood because of "those days in the month". For heaven's sake: we have 2014 - how old is this "funny joke"?
Major plot holes: given the circumstances you would assume that Addison is the main su
Jan
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: american, mystery, romance
Addison Holmes. What can I say about her? Not a very committed high school history teacher, living in a condemned apartment building in Whiskey Bayou, Georgia who stumbles into a murder. Lucky for her, the homicide detective seems to be the man of her dreams. Addison narrates the book. She is spunky, yet still a bit of a little girl. I bet the author was influenced by Sue Grafton's Linsey Milhone. Fun easy read.
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
Think of perfect simplicity... like Christina Lauren mixed with Southern Sass and a few dashes of humor. No deep plot, no need for "dark" or "steamy" add on's , just simple and funny. Every single character is vibrant with color and so likable . Wish I had found this series sooner and not sure why more people haven't read this series.
Audible is FANTASTIC.

Thank you Liliana for the fun read!
Marina Finlayson
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
A light and funny "mystery" with a bit of hot romance thrown in. If pratfalls are your thing you'll find it very amusing as the heroine is constantly falling out of trees, tripping over things (including a dead body at the beginning of the novel) and nearly having/causing car accidents. I found her a little annoying, which affected my enjoyment of the story.
Mari (Smut Duchess)
I listened to the audio book. It wasn't a bad story but the h was such a southern cliche character. She was a high school teacher but at times was more immature than her students. It was supposed to be funny but most of the humor fell flat for me. A bit disappointing since I've enjoyed other Liliana Hart books. I don't plan on continuing the series.
Amy at bookgoonie
Sookie Stackhouse meets Stephanie Plum. Fun.
Molly Blue
Dec 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
This was painful to read. Addison... Could you be any dumber? I guess not
Anna's Herding Cats
Whiskey Rebellion has been sitting on my tbr pile for, well, ages. I finally dove in! Yay me! And while a little over the top in places it was so much fun!

The Gist: Addison has her eye on a new place-- her apartment is being condemned-- not to mention she her love of creature comforts. Which means...she needs money. Pronto. If she's gotta play stripper to pay the bills...well, she's gotta do what she's gotta do. *nods* Finding a dead body her first night might put a stop to that real quick, thou
Theresa
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved this book! Murder, Comedy, and Romance!! Book 1 in the Addison Holmes Mysteries series. I loved this book - it made me laugh out loud several times! It was quick to read and hard to put down. The was action at every page turn! And now a bit about the story...

Addison is a high school history teacher living in a crumbling apartment building about to be demolished. She has 60 days to find a new place to live. Due to the expenses of her wedding (which didn't happen), her fancy car, and her und
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, fast read. We meet Addison as she is about to go onstage at a very seedy stripper bar in a desperate attempt to raise money for a down payment on a home. She is spotted by her school principal, causing Addison to get offstage fast. But as she makes a beeline through the parking lot she trips over the bloody, still-warm body of the same principal, throwing her into the middle of a murder investigation.
The lead detective is incredibly hot and sexy, which kind of freaks Addison out,
Stacie  Haden
This one reminded me almost identically of Lois Greiman's Chrissy McMullen. I'll read the next one because I've already purchased it, but I do it, in hopes that Addison gets smarter and a little more likeable. There are some humorous parts that are redeeming.
Kim
Really liked this! It reminded me very much of the Stephanie Plum series. The main character is fearless, cute and a trouble magnet - just like Stephanie Plum. Only Addison is a new and part time private detective working 'temporarily' for some extra cash. Her real job is as a middle school world history teacher. By the end of the book, though, the private detective gig may have become more like a full time and very permanant thing.
I would love to read more of this series - but I think there is
Shari
Jul 28, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun and hilarious book!
Addison is a down on her luck teacher of high school history. Her apartment building has been condemned and she is being evicted. What's a girl to do? Well of course take a job as a stripper to help make the down payment on a house. Within the span of one afternoon, Addison sees her principal boss, principal takes her picture, she gets fired and then trips over the body of dead principal.

So starts the accident bound adventures of Addison as she takes on a job from h
Dianne
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WHISKEY REBELLION: AN ADDISON HOLMES MYSTERY

I just finished this book and I spent one of the best days I’ve had lately by reading this. I love it when a book makes me sigh in disappointment because I’ve finished it. It had a lot going for it. It was humorous, mysterious, and sexy without being overly sexual. This book has a mystery that was not revealed until the very end. It has slapstick maneuvers and a fairly kick-butt heroine and a lovely sexy male protagonist (I won’t say hero since Addie c
Lisa
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
This felt like a Stephanie Plum copycat, and a poor one at that. There was some funny parts, but overall it was just ok. The editing in this book was pretty bad too.
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. 1st in series, contemporary romance [s] 9 82 Jun 27, 2014 07:17PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Whiskey Rebellion 1 2 Jun 30, 2012 03:37PM

• Shock and Awesome (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #4)
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #6)
  • Keep Me Ghosted (Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance #1)
  • No One to Trust (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #2)
  • Optical Delusions in Deadwood (Deadwood, #2)
  • License to Thrill
  • No Such Thing as a Free Lunch (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #3)
  • Improper Pleasures (Pleasures, #1)
  • Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mysteries Book 2)
Liliana Hart spent five years teaching music in the public education system. She molded America’s youth, busted kids for smoking pot in the restrooms, and broke up illicit affairs behind the stage on a regular basis. (Liliana’s Addison Holmes Mystery Series, about a small town teacher who gets into a whole lot of trouble, is somewhat autobiographical, but she won’t confess to which parts).

Liliana

Addison Holmes Mysteries (6 books)
  • Whiskey Sour (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #2)
  • Whiskey for Breakfast (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #3)
  • Whiskey, You're The Devil (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #4)
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #5)
  • Whiskey and Gunpowder (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #6)
“You feel bad about yelling in a graveyard after you just tried to have sex with me in a church?” 7 likes
“In my mind I was Laura Croft, trapped in Mayberry.” 2 likes