Start by marking “The Magic in Your Mind” as Want to Read:
The Magic in Your Mind

The Magic in Your Mind

Many people have locked themselves in prisons of their own making that have made them unsuccessful. The Magic in Your Mind teaches the magic by which men become free and begin to grow into the image they are meant to be.

A man changes the state of his outer world by first changing the state of his inner world. Everything that comes to him from outside is the result of his

Published January 1st 2012 by Createspace (first published June 1st 1940)

To ask other readers questions about The Magic in Your Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic in Your Mind

Start your review of The Magic in Your Mind
Jason
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book in 1991 after reading about it in an interview with Steve Vai. He spoke so highly of it, and because I admired Steve and his music so much, I had to check it out. I am so grateful that I did. This book was absolutely life-changing. At the age I was at the time (18), it was just what I needed to read. It instilled in me an unshakeable belief in realizing my dreams. I am certain I realized some of them because of this book. Perhaps one of my favorite passages comes early on:

"We
Jan Payne
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Be sure to give attention to page 90-100!
Sean Hall
My paperback is the 1968 version. This book seems like it is saying the same basic thing, over and over, but worded differently. Basically - imagine yourself as a transmitter for a higher power to to good things through you. I see it as a tool for reprogramming your mind against negative thinking, and reading it aloud in sections is sort of like an unending mantra.
Craig
It was fantastic book that helps you utilise the power of your mind and helps you change your mind set. It makes you focus on the thoughts you think and the actions you take in relation to them.

I thoroughly recommend it.
Lionkhan-sama
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is incredible. It's as simple as that. The writer explains the hidden capabilities inherent within every human being, and how these abilities are related to the greater whole.
This book does not give step-by-step instructions on anything, but rather through shedding light on more and more information you, as the reader, discover for yourself what you need to do.

One of the top books i've read, easily.
gavin persaud
Mar 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MIND CALORIES

This book is simple to read. It contains details that will help you realize that it has always been about you and you alone. That the world is configured around the conscious mind …. Which has limitations.. dive into ecstasy and BLOW YOUR MIND…. Read THIS BOOK!
David Smith
Jul 17, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All Uell's stuff is God inspired in my book! Track down the Ecology Mantra in The Greatest Power in the Universe for a rush of Energy we all need right now! Namaste 🙏 ...more
Dario Mannu
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely AWESOME concepts! Illuminating book! Higly recommended!
Grace Brewster
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it twice and will come back again. Good business motivational book.
Turgut
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I have read in a while, dense and transformative. Similar in depth to Erkhart Tolle’s books, but wider in scope. Raises very many questions. Rare and digestible book.
Strings
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book reminds you to put your ego in check and also reinforces the great power within you. Uses mid-1900s self-help new agey language. I will be re-reading. I am looking forward to reading his other book “Three Magic Words”. And also looking into some of the authors lesser know works. I could have written more but didn’t want to spoil it.
Stephen Gadson
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another U S Andersen gem of a book, everything the preface states, is transferred to the reader. It expands your consciousness and mind! SG
Karl
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book review somewhat more difficult to write than my other reviews in the “New-Age/ Self-Help” genre because I quite enjoyed the earlier chapters and then there were some chapters that I did not care for. Some of the information in The Magic in Your Mind really resonated with me, and then some of the information was completely contrary to my views. I’m not saying that if a book doesn’t reinforce my views then it is no good; on the contrary, I believe that “If you simply believe ever ...more
Karl
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find this book review somewhat more difficult to write than other reviews in the “New-Age/ Self-Help” genre because I quite enjoyed the earlier chapters and then there were some chapters that I did not care for. Some of the information in The Magic in Your Mind really resonated with me, and then some of the information was completely contrary to my views. I’m not saying that if a book doesn’t reinforce my views then it is no good; on the contrary, I believe that “If you simply believe everythi ...more
Zulu Adams
I have mixed feelings about this book. For the first half, I was absolutely loving it, but then it seemed to hit some sort of over-repetitive wall and dragged for the rest of the book.

It's certainly an interesting model to apply to life, and one worth trying out. It seemed to be more suited to religious people with its insistence that the Universal Subsconscious Mind had a plan for everything, almost as if the author wanted to say there is a sentient God but didn't want to lose certain readers.

P
Ernest Adewoyin
This book is a connection of the spiritual to the natural. But that cannot be surprising - it should be obvious. And in a sense, our miraclous mindsets still remain miraculous - that is, we can choose not to be determined by our natural world.

I like the book but now I have to open my bible and filter out which parts are applicable to the Glory of God and God alone.
Michael Heath
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good book for anyone who believes that it is your mind that controls your destiny, not your circumstances or surroundings. I loved the book but some may see it as repetitive or long-winded.
Melinda
Feb 25, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual-books
I didn't like this book. There's nothing wrong with it, it just didn't sync with my beliefs. I was hoping for empowerment, I got none of that. ...more
Nilton Rocha

• Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes
  • World War II: Up Close and Personal
  • The Law & the Promise
  • Awakened Imagination: With linked Table of Contents
  • Change Your Brain, Change Your Body: Use Your Brain to Get and Keep the Body You Have Always Wanted
  • Your Life Begins Now
  • The Magic of Believing
  • The Secret of the Ages
  • The Sub-Conscious Speaks
  • I Can Do It: How to Use Affirmations to Change Your Life
  • The Bhagavad Gita
  • Solve for Happy: Engineer Your Path to Joy
  • The Archer
  • If You're in My Office, It's Already Too Late: A Divorce Lawyer's Guide to Staying Together
  • Simplicity: The Freedom of Letting Go
  • The History of Sugar
Uell Stanley Andersen was a successful self-help author in the 1950s and 1960s. Once a professional football player, he had a number of careers including running an advertising agency, wild-catting for oil, logging at the Columbia Sawmill, and acting as a gunnery officer on a destroyer escort.

Born in the USA of Norwegian parentage, U. S. Andersen developed his inspiring, dynamic philosophy during